watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just Got Back

Started by Peabody, October 30, 2021, 03:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Thought we dominated for except 10 minutes at the start of the second half.
Toxin going took some wind out of our sails but Cairney and Ream controlled things beautifully to regain control For all you Robinson bashes, thought he had a great game both defensively and in attack and have to admit that game was a lot easier than what I thought it might be

Fernhurst

Thank you Mr P.
WBA were disappointing to my mind but a good 3-0 result.
Let's all  cross our fingers and hope Reading can also help us out this evening.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Peabody on October 30, 2021, 03:50:16 PM
Toxin going took some wind out of our sails but Cairney and Ream controlled things beautifully to regain control For all you Robinson bashes, thought he had a great game both defensively and in attack and have to admit that game was a lot easier than what I thought it might be

Robinson played his best game for us.

PaulJ123

Until the sending off in the second half, WBA were well on top and probably should've scored from one of their headers they had.

I thought on balance, it should've probably been a draw but to win 3-0 is crazy.

blingo

Quote from: Peabody on October 30, 2021, 03:50:16 PM
I never get fed up of reading your posts Mr P

ianthailand

Agree Tosin was superb until that stupid tackle. Robinson was virtually faultless today, can't remember all his games but this must be up there. Can't ignore Mitro's hattrick though for MoM. Much like Forest, team performance good but not quite there. Amazing bit of skill by Neeskens in the first half and then back to form. Wilson also a bit patchy and Seri today too many flicks which put us in danger. Back to (KISS), Keep It Simple Stupid.

Fernhurst

I never get fed up of reading your posts Mr P

0001.jpeg 
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Ruislip White

Agree with OP.
Cairney brings calmness and composure when he comes on and today he just took the sting out of the game.
Great result.  Excellent for GD - worth an extra point v WBA now.

cookieg

I have absolutely no idea how they are 3rd or even contenders for promotion. Nothing I saw today suggests that we should be worried about them. They may bully lower teams with their big players and lumping balls into the box but we handled that easily enough. And no way did they deserve anything out of that game.

perry geyton

SP

Thought Snodgrass was lucky to stay on the pitch for his assault on Robinson but I thoroughly enjoyed his assist for Mitros second goal.

bobbo

I'm def not a Robinson brasher , but he had quite a poor first half ,stood off his man more than once and a couple of passes to the opposition, BUT I so agree with others he was soo good in the second half .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Woolly Mammoth

Although I can see they are a dangerous side and got put on the back foot by the pen and big error, I thought Fulham despite not being at our best and most fluid some of the time made them look
second best when we really put it together. So they may be top six at best but they will have some good days and will be a challenge for any side in this Division.
My only concern is defensively we can look fragile at times. Tosin and Ream seem to get caught out of position a lot and do not seem to have a good understanding of where each other is.
Glad Rodak was in goal as he seems to give his defence more confidence, although we had to defend with some desperation at times but still kept a clean sheet.
Nevertheless with Tosin suspended the manager will be forced to make at least one change and it will be interesting to see who he favours to replace him, I would imagine that it's a dual between Hector and Mawson, so a straight swop one for one.
I would like to see Tete start but that might be a little harsh on Odio at the moment, but then again as it's midweek the manager may decide to make the odd piece of surgery. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bill2

Thought West Brom were a poor side except for Conor Townsend who didn't seem to put a foot wrong, all they did from the kick off was to lump it long hoping for a knock on. When you have players like Huggil (or as I call him Thuggil) up front you know what their tactics are. Also if you look at the rest of the team made up from some journeymen and players on the tail end of the carreer you know what to expect, a physical game and loads of high balls in the box.

SP

We need Terry to do a proper view from but I enjoyed this on their board:

Ref was responsible for first goal, as Bartley clearly got the ball through Mitrovic's legs.  However, Furlong had to go as he was last man. Ajayi was lucky not to get a red.

However, Fulham had man for man, more quality on the ball. And they have a No.9 who knows where the goal is. Snodgrass and Livermore never set up anything from midfield and we more or less completly relied on Townsend wacking the ball across the penalty area and a few headers from corners for our goal chances.

filham

Quote from: cookieg on October 30, 2021, 10:46:22 PM
I have absolutely no idea how they are 3rd or even contenders for promotion. Nothing I saw today suggests that we should be worried about them. They may bully lower teams with their big players and lumping balls into the box but we handled that easily enough. And no way did they deserve anything out of that game.

As has already been said the period in the second half before the red card was difficult for us, West Brom were in control and our defense did well to stop them scoring.
If in the next match ,on their ground, they start in that fashion we are going to have a really tough match on our hands.
Don't underestimate West Brom, it is Physical route one football but they are pretty good at it.