watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Tribute

Started by Peabody, October 31, 2021, 09:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Thought it was very moving, only spoilt by the West Brom late comers making a noise, who were quickly told to shut up, by a WBA lady supporter.

cookieg

I thought the programme cover was excellent.

Fulham1959

"The Last Post" was immaculate.

filham

The trumpeter playing the last post was magnificent and deserved the MOM award.

Fulham 442

Yes I thought the trumpeter was excellent.  Much better than the one at Reading that I watched later!

SP

I used to book buglers for a works Remembrance service, I felt really sorry for the bugler at Reading, he'll be absolutely gutted by the missed note.

bog

There is a massive responsibility on the buglers to reach every note on a very emotional and important piece of music. I still recall when Kennedy was assassinated, given the severity of the reason for his playing, the bugler really struggled.  The emotion had understandably got to him.   

General

Quote from: Fulham1959 on October 31, 2021, 11:11:31 AM
"The Last Post" was immaculate.

Agreed. Noticed that too. Very well done. Not unusual to have someone botch it up, but the bugle player didn't put a foot wrong. Was impressed.

SP

Anyone near the away fans would've heard some fine industrial language from the lady mentioned above requesting them to shut-up dropping an F & a C expletive.

Holders

I've never heard it played so well in my life - as someone said it was "immaculate".  It's so often not played well.

That said, it was 12 days early and stretching a point, imho.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Peabody

Quote from: Holders on October 31, 2021, 01:15:06 PM
I've never heard it played so well in my life - as someone said it was "immaculate".  It's so often not played well.

That said, it was 12 days early and stretching a point, imho

The reason being, is that our next home game is not until the 20th and that would be stretching a point too

flyingfish

Quote from: Holders on October 31, 2021, 01:15:06 PM

That said, it was 12 days early and stretching a point, imho.

Given we are not at home again until 20th it's the only chance we got to do the tribute

Bill2

Have to say I was disappointed by the level of noise coming from the Hammy end, a lot of chatter which seemed to come from the late arrivals at the front.

KJS

Quote from: Bill2 on October 31, 2021, 04:38:08 PM
Have to say I was disappointed by the level of noise coming from the Hammy end, a lot of chatter which seemed to come from the late arrivals at the front.

That chatter in the Hammy was from Paramedics and Stewards dealing with a medical emergency