NFR - Spurs.

Started by RufusBrevettatemyhamster, October 31, 2021, 04:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

Quote from: cottage expat on October 31, 2021, 06:11:13 PM
Quote from: filham on October 31, 2021, 05:59:42 PM
Quote from: grandad on October 31, 2021, 05:19:42 PM
Quote from: paulbrookersmazydribbles on October 31, 2021, 04:38:18 PM
Wonder if they might be tempted by the guy at the top of the Championship?
He is a Spud in his heart.
Yes, that is clearly his destiny but a little too early at the moment. If he tops the Championship this season, follows that with a mid table Premier league season, continues with decent media interviews and wearing fashionable clothing then he could be a front runner for the Spurs job. England could beckon when he turns forty,

He might be able to meet all the benchmarks you have listed, except the fashionable clothing.
Quote from: cottage expat on October 31, 2021, 06:11:13 PM
Quote from: filham on October 31, 2021, 05:59:42 PM
Quote from: grandad on October 31, 2021, 05:19:42 PM
Quote from: paulbrookersmazydribbles on October 31, 2021, 04:38:18 PM
Wonder if they might be tempted by the guy at the top of the Championship?
He is a Spud in his heart.
Yes, that is clearly his destiny but a little too early at the moment. If he tops the Championship this season, follows that with a mid table Premier league season, continues with decent media interviews and wearing fashionable clothing then he could be a front runner for the Spurs job. England could beckon when he turns forty,

He might be able to meet all the benchmarks you have listed, except the fashionable clothing.
yeah agree on the clothing bit , he needs to stop dipping into Charlie caroli's dustbin.
Whatever his abilities he's a good looking lad the females at my local football club all swoon when he's on the tele .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Steeeeeeeeeed

Since they reached Champions League Final in 2019 Spurs must have had one of the biggest collapses I have seen in a major team.
They had a great manager and an almost great team in a fantastic new stadium ready to take that next step...but now they are just a mid table team.

H4usuallysitting

Sounds like he's going to get £14m for 4 months work....you couldn't make it up

rebel

It's the only job in the world where you get rewarded for 'failure', it's ridiculous. 

paulbrookersmazydribbles

rebel

I'd love to see Big Sam take over with 'long ball' tactics.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: rebel on November 01, 2021, 02:06:20 PM
It's the only job in the world where you get rewarded for 'failure', it's ridiculous.

Can you class 4 months and a manager of the month award as failure though?
I feel for Nuno to be honest. Shocking decision by Spurs. But they're a joke of a club so I'm not surprised.

Sting of the North

Quote from: rebel on November 01, 2021, 02:06:20 PM

Isn't it quite common to receive parachute payments or similar when you get fired from a high position in many lines of work and businesses? Hardly only in football for sure.