watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rodrigo Muniz

Started by H4usuallysitting, October 31, 2021, 10:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Wonder when he'll be ready... we've had a very brief insight into his attributes...he looks ridiculously fast & eager - seems happy in his current role, I suppose everything is very new to him

WestSussexWhite

He looks very hungry, but with the form Mitro is in currently, he's going to have to wait for a start for a little while I think! I really think if Mitro was to miss 2 or 3 games Muniz would do a good job, however, let's hope Mitro doesn't miss any games purely due to the form he's in

Southcoastffc

It was a shame we didn't score the 3rd goal v WBA 10 mins earlier. Muniz could then have had 20+ mins on the pitch.  His time will come.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

spoonffc

Tbh he's the signing of the season if it's meant mitro has stepped up his game like he has

ChesterTheTabby

Muniz is only 20 years old - he has all the attributes of a real talent and I think he will be, and we have him for five years, his time will come!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

LC

Looks like he has it all. Needs time and opportunities

The Rational Fan

We should be pulling off Mitrovic earlier in games when ahead. Obviously, WBA is a special case but Mitrovic should be taken off most games at half time whenever we are two goals ahead.

RaySmith

Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 01, 2021, 03:20:58 AM
We should be pulling off Mitrovic earlier in games when ahead. Obviously, WBA is a special case but Mitrovic should be taken off most games at half time whenever we are two goals ahead.

Being two goals ahead at half-time, it's not a foregone conclusion  that Fulham will win the game.

And what would Mitro think about being subbed at half-time, especially if he was in line for another hat trick!

I'm sure Muniz  will get his chance  sooner or later - if Mitro is injured or suspended, though let's hope this doesn't happen  while he is in this form.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: RaySmith on November 01, 2021, 04:27:40 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 01, 2021, 03:20:58 AM

Being two goals ahead at half-time, it's not a foregone conclusion that Fulham will win the game.

Two-Nil up is not a foregone conclusion, but at Two-Nil up we don't need our best goalscorer on the field to Win. Muniz is good at defending from the front as he can press better than Mitro and in terms of attack Muniz is better at fast counter attacks than Mitrovic. I really think we don't lose much with Muniz when we are defending a lead.

Andy S

You are off your trolley. The work is only half done at half time and if it ain't broke dot fix it

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Top trolling. Take off Mitrovic at half time. Hilarious.

H4usuallysitting

I forgot to add....he really reminds me of Saha, but faster....could he possibly start with Mitro, in a style similar to 442.... Mitro hold the ball up, Muniz using his speed to take player's away

filham

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on November 01, 2021, 09:33:44 AM
I forgot to add....he really reminds me of Saha, but faster....could he possibly start with Mitro, in a style similar to 442.... Mitro hold the ball up, Muniz using his speed to take player's away
Yes, perhaps that is what we should try when we are 2-0 up.

General

Quote from: paulbrookersmazydribbles on November 01, 2021, 09:08:13 AM
Top trolling. Take off Mitrovic at half time. Hilarious.

Agreed. And coming from a self confessed 'Rational fan'..

If we get to three nil up, which in fairness is happening a bit more regularly or have a 2 goal cushion at 70 mins, I'd definitely consider bringing muniz on.

He's clearly chomping at the bit and eager to impress and already has a goal. Having both at the club is great and mitro on form can only help give muniz the inspiration and time needed to settle in and know what's expected, but he's got one goal already and you could see in some of the play and his positioning that he is finding his feet in the team when playing but there are fine lines between him being able to score more.

Nearly got put through a couple of times when he did get on vs West brom only for the ball to just get intercepted. As players learn how he operates those chances will become more clear cut.

Jim©

I've read two crazy things on this thread now:
1) Mitro, should only play half a match if we are 2 goals up. I'm sure that'd be a surefire way to make him fall out of love with fulham/football/silva.
2) That Muniz is quicker than Saha!!! I'm not even sure Muniz is that quick? I love the way he tears around and pressures the oppo, but in a straight line race I'd say we have a few that'd beat him easily.

Lordedmundo

Quote from: Jim© on November 01, 2021, 11:21:12 AM

1) Mitro, should only play half a match if we are 2 goals up. I'm sure that'd be a surefire way to make him fall out of love with fulham/football/silva.
2) That Muniz is quicker than Saha!!! I'm not even sure Muniz is that quick? I love the way he tears around and pressures the oppo, but in a straight line race I'd say we have a few that'd beat him easily.

Agree - both pretty crazy!

Muniz is quicker than Mitro, but that is not saying much I'm afraid.  I would say the only players with real pace at the club are: Robinson, Tete and maybe Wilson and Carvalho.

copthornemike

Quote from: spoonffc on October 31, 2021, 11:22:59 PM
Tbh he's the signing of the season if it's meant mitro has stepped up his game like he has
An excellent observation on reflection

LC

Quote from: Lordedmundo on November 01, 2021, 11:35:49 AM

Muniz is quicker than Mitro, but that is not saying much I'm afraid.  I would say the only players with real pace at the club are: Robinson, Tete and maybe Wilson and Carvalho.

I don't know, Muniz looks fast to me, I would say he's no where near slow

H4usuallysitting

That's correct, I think Muniz is quicker than Louis Saha - bit I didn't use any exclamation marks...but, I could add them if you wish

Jim©

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on November 01, 2021, 01:45:42 PM

That's correct, I think Muniz is quicker than Louis Saha - bit I didn't use any exclamation marks...but, I could add them if you wish

I genuinely don't know where that comes from. Saha was blistering pace- remember goals in Div 1 when he left defences literally treading water on 1/2 way line (wolves at home & Derby in cup I remember) as well as leaving the Man U defence in his wake at Old Trafford. Muniz isn't slow, but not sure he'd be top3 in this squad.