more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Two Questions

Started by JimmyConway, November 01, 2021, 07:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyConway

Would Tottenham appoint Parker now?
Would the pull be too much for him to turn down?

I personally think they might as probably only Potter of Brighton would be there ideal choice but only see him leaving for a bigger job like Rogers than Tottenham!
If he was still Fulham manager I think the pull of Tottenham would be to great. It's unlikely they will be involved in relegation issue so would have a buffer as such to build on. It's a big job with huge pressure but does he suddenly think he can turn them around? If his ambitious he says yes but in all likelihood won't last longer than this campaign?

Andy S

He has a contract At Bournemouth that means it would cost Levy a lot to get him. You know what a cheapskate he is so it's doubtful anything would happen very quickly

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Andy S on November 01, 2021, 08:24:19 AM
He has a contract At Bournemouth that means it would cost Levy a lot to get him. You know what a cheapskate he is so it's doubtful anything would happen very quickly

Does anyone know how it works when managers are bought, how is the fee set? I understood that a Manager could be bought/released by paying the current club the full salary he has left on his contract, but i might be wrong on that.

If that is the case, it wont be a big deal for Spuds to buy him out of the current contract.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

I'd imagine the pull of a "large" Premier league team would be too much for anyone. I wouldnt take it though, seems like a poisoned chalice.

Either way I don't care enough to think about it.

Holders

If he were still at Fulham, almost certainly he'd express an interest but it would look far from good if he were to do so so soon after signing a contract with Bournemouth. Anyway, next time he'll have that much more experience. Whatever was thought of him whilst at Fulham, I'm convinced that he'll be a big name manager in the future, quite likely England manager. Parallels with Bobby Robson spring to mind.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

toshes mate

It all depends upon what the 'real' problem is at Tottenham.  Kane is, thus far, one scapegoat being mentioned.  However, the thought has always crossed my mind that our former head coach is highly regarded by Levy and it may only be 'time is right' that stands in the way.  Bournemouth will be reluctant to lose him as long as their success continues and no sensible person would criticise them for that, but football is all about who has the money and the power and anything can happen.  It's funny how one win changes things in our media as the OGS situation in Manchester demonstrates.  Thought and thinking is all so short term these says as if nobody in positions of power can pay attention for more than a very short time and are incapable of observing the detail necessary to make informed choices. 

AussieFul

Personally I think you don't have to look too far down the road to see the benefit of appointing someone that actually has credible history and experience. They moved on an "old boy" with great effect and it shows the right sort of ambition. I would suggest appointing SP at Spurs does no such thing...

Moltobueno

blingo

The wage structure at spuds must be contributing, as nuno said that players were not fighting for a place in the first team. If they are happy sitting back and collecting the fat golden eagle every month then they really do have a problem. Secondly, the likes of Kane are too big for the likes of someone like Nuno and definitely SP to manage.

I may be wrong, but I think spuds made a massive mistake in letting Pochettino go, and not replacing him with a top top manager. The club has become, to an extent a victim of its own success, too big for a run of the mill manager. Parker would fail miserably at spuds and HK would probably be bench warming a la Mitro.

jarv

Agree they made a big mistake letting Pochetino go, even bigger not selling Kane for silly money at his age.