watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

1/3 of the season gone (just about)

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, November 01, 2021, 06:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

Things are looking really good. Next 5 games all should be winnable, and then a Biggie against Bournemouth, who I think will definitely have a dip at some time, as we seem to have got over ours a few games back.

filham

Yes , So good to be firmly in the promotion race with the the team looking good, the injury list getting better and Mitro on fire.
I am greedy though I now want more straight wins so that the promotion race soon becomes a procession lead by us and Bournemouth.

General

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on November 01, 2021, 06:36:48 PM
Things are looking really good. Next 5 games all should be winnable, and then a Biggie against Bournemouth, who I think will definitely have a dip at some time, as we seem to have got over ours a few games back.

I'm really excited and intrigued by the Bournemouth game in particular. There are quite a few interesting dynamics between the two clubs that could make this particularly interesting.

Parker being ex fulham and having issues with mitro, Gary chill who is a defensive cheat sheet at this level, so the best defender in the league arguably vs best striker..

1st vs 2nd.. then you have harry Wilson, on loan there and now with us permanently..

It's arguably the two top teams in the league by a seemingly clear margin. Our defence with tosin has looked pretty solid since Coventry too.

If it stays that way, I actually think we hold the edge, competitively I think our players will have more to prove, our attackers as a whole I put down as being better across the board and more prolific then theirs, I think mitro will be particularly up for a tussle with Cahi, he represents a real challenge which mitro loves, but also represents a premiership standard of player people say mitro is unproven against.

Bar the mishap against Coventry we've conceded similar quantity of goals and in particular since look much more solid..

I genuinely didn't feel uncomfortable watching us play West brom with their attackers and felt our defence actually controlled the game pretty effectively against them.

So the question comes down to the managers and their abilities..

Parker has either improved since he managed us, or the players he's got are more his style.. or the addition of chill has been significant in their change of fortunes.

As a manager, Parker disciplined a side, had them playing in a robust way but I think he was quite regimented and lacked creativity.

I remember seeing the first Bryan goal at the playoff final and being genuinely shocked that it happened, as was genius, but even more so as parkers teams under us simply lacked that creativity to them.. he struggled to problem solve or vary how he approached how we played at any point.

I think silva has earned a pedigree with coaching and has a better more open minded approach to management..

Fulham Tup North

It will be interesting to see how Bournemouth react when they hit their blip..... a couple of poor results  or a Cahill ban for a couple of games... could in interesting...
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"