watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Advice for My Son

Started by Fishbiscuit, November 01, 2021, 06:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishbiscuit

Gentlemen, my family and I lived in Wimbledon from 2007-2010 and we had the good fortune to be season ticket holders during those amazing Fulham years.  My eldest son was 10 at the time and we/he have continued to follow the Club even from afar.  Fast forward to 2021 and he is now 21 and is returning to London for a semester at Uni and he wants to "go to all of the matches."  He will be arriving in January and I'm not sure which pubs to tell him to go to pre-match, nor where he should try to sit with the hope of making a few Fulham friends.  (We were always tucked over in the BL Family section).  Any suggestions you have would be very much appreciated.

General

Crabtree is a good one along the river between Hammersmith and the ground, also only a 15 minute walk to ground maximum.

Think, at least used to be the case, that you can get half season tickets.. May be worth checking out.

Kemosabe

I was talking to Chris behind the bar at the Bricklayers Arms (also an excellent pub BTW) who was telling me about plans to buy a half-season ticket as a Christmas present for their son.  They certainly used to be available.  Only question is whether the reduced ground capacity at the moment means that there is no scope for them to go on sale this year.

Suggest an email to the ticket office to enquire...

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Eight bells and the Golden Lion. Both close to the ground and both have good atmosphere.

H4usuallysitting

I understand the eight bells is an away pub....where will he be travelling from?

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Fishbiscuit on November 01, 2021, 06:48:49 PM
Gentlemen, my family and I lived in Wimbledon from 2007-2010 and we had the good fortune to be season ticket holders during those amazing Fulham years.  My eldest son was 10 at the time and we/he have continued to follow the Club even from afar.  Fast forward to 2021 and he is now 21 and is returning to London for a semester at Uni and he wants to "go to all of the matches."  He will be arriving in January and I'm not sure which pubs to tell him to go to pre-match, nor where he should try to sit with the hope of making a few Fulham friends.  (We were always tucked over in the BL Family section).  Any suggestions you have would be very much appreciated.
And sitting in the Hammy End will put him in the best atmosphere - try to get a seat in the mid to high rows.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

gang

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on November 01, 2021, 08:37:57 PM
I understand the eight bells is an away pub....where will he be travelling from?

Eight Bells allows home and away supporters.

gang

sitting in the Hammy End will put him in the best atmosphere - try to get a seat in the mid to high rows.

But not in front of me if he wants to stand. 😂😂😂

Fishbiscuit

Many thanks to you all and I will check on the half-season ticket.  I'm bringing him over on 14/1 so keep an eye out for us at the Bristol City match! :)