watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We almost signed Declan Rice on free…

Started by Black, White and Fred, November 02, 2021, 06:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black, White and Fred

Just been watching Tubes from soccer am's golf YouTube channel and Declan rice said that when he was released as a youngster he trained with both Fulham and West Ham on a trial. Both offered contracts but unfortunately for us he opted for West Ham.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Radiowhite

I'm sure we almost signed a lot of players

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Jamie88

General

At least we signed Ahmed elrich (in fairness could've been an insert name of a number of players).

We also had josh maja and eberechi? Eze.. it's great for the reputation of the academy and to draw in young players but we've still not figured out how to transition that into something more . In terms of squad and in truth fees.

Whilst Elliott jumped ship and so did Roberts and Sessegnon at least we got fees for us. Sess really was a great role model who clearly cared about the club.

bog

Every club has missed a player. I read he said we turned down Declan after a trial. The best one for me was Blackburn turning down a very young Zinedin Zidane. Apparently the club said 'No thanks we've got Tim Sherwood....'  :doh: :doh:

092.gif

HillingdonFFC

Think overlooking Griezmann for an injured Mitroglou takes some beating

General

Quote from: Denver Fulham on November 03, 2021, 03:18:09 AM
Quote from: Jamie88 on November 02, 2021, 11:39:57 PM
Same with Lewandowski I believe..

That is true, and easily our greatest what-if given he would have joined the Europa League finalists.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1238903/Robert-Lewandowski-set-Fulham-switch-Cottagers-close-loan-deal-Poland-striker.html

Wow. And only on loan at the time. Bugger. I loved Al Fayed but he was never very open with his wallet. Just imagine bringing lewandoski to fulham and having him play with that squad and dembele Mark 1.

copthornemike

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1238903/Robert-Lewandowski-set-Fulham-switch-Cottagers-close-loan-deal-Poland-striker.html
[/quote]
Wow. And only on loan at the time. Bugger. I loved Al Fayed but he was never very open with his wallet. Just imagine bringing lewandoski to fulham and having him play with that squad and dembele Mark 1.
[/quote] Howabout Lewandowski, Dembele & Griezmann in the same FFC team. Mind you knowing us we would have ended up scoring 3 in most games - and conceding 4   :005:

I Ronic

I remember bundling Messi into the back of my motor at Gatwick with a sack over his head. He was at the height of his footballing powers and fancied a change. I got him down to Motspur Park rapid, for contract talks and his medical. Sadly the Club and Barcelona couldn't reach agreement on how many tracksuits he was worth.