watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tonight

Started by filham, November 03, 2021, 10:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

After the win against West Brom tonight's team almost picks itself, just a question of whether Cairneey and Tete start or are on the bench ready to come on as subs.
Think I would start with:-
                                                              Rodak
                                       Odoi           Mawson      Ream     Robinson
                                                    Reed            Seri
                                                               BDR
                                         Wilson             Mitro           Kebano
Until Cavarlho is prepared to talk about his new contract I will not even consider him suitable for a place on the bench.

Mullers OG

Largely agree with your team although I cannot see how one can leave Kebano out. I would play him on the left instead of BDR. I think Silva will play Mawson but I would not be surprised to see either Hector or Odoi there with Tete at RB. Silva seems to regard Odoi more highly than many of the message board contributors.

filham

Quote from: Mullers OG on November 03, 2021, 10:28:24 AM
Largely agree with your team although I cannot see how one can leave Kebano out. I would play him on the left instead of BDR. I think Silva will play Mawson but I would not be surprised to see either Hector or Odoi there with Tete at RB. Silva seems to regard Odoi more highly than many of the message board contributors.
Fully agree that Kebano has been playing well and therefore included him in my team.
The interesting choice is the replacement for Tosin, it is a close call from Mawson, Hector and Odoi.

Maidstone Lee

I'd go with;

Rodak

Odoi Hector Ream Robinson

Reed Seri

Wilson Decordova-Reid Kebano

Mitrovic

Would like to see Tete get some game time off the bench at some point tonight and have gone for Hector over Mawson. Midfield currently picks itself so have left that unchanged.

Bench: Gazz, Tete, Bryan, Mawson, Cairney, Stansfield, Muniz

Call me petty but have excluded Carvalho due to the ongoing contract debacle.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

filham

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on November 03, 2021, 10:35:45 AM
I'd go with;

Rodak

Odoi Hector Ream Robinson

Reed Seri

Wilson Decordova-Reid Kebano

Mitrovic

Would like to see Tete get some game time off the bench at some point tonight and have gone for Hector over Mawson. Midfield currently picks itself so have left that unchanged.

Bench: Gazz, Tete, Bryan, Mawson, Cairney, Stansfield, Muniz

Call me petty but have excluded Carvalho due to the ongoing contract debacle.
We should send Carvalho to Coventry, and I don't mean to play football, your bench looks good without him.

Keefy

I would always play our best team. If that means Carvalho plays, so be it. What would we gain by leaving him out. I'll be disappointed if he leaves in the summer but in the meantime I would play him in order to strengthen our chances of promotion. I can understand why so many fans are upset at his ( reportedly) refusal to extend his contract but what would we gain by blanking him. I for one know nothing of the full truth behind his decision, probably never will but as we presumably still pay his wages, lets at least get something in return

RaySmith

Quote from: Keefy on November 03, 2021, 12:12:18 PM
I would always play our best team. If that means Carvalho plays, so be it. What would we gain by leaving him out. I'll be disappointed if he leaves in the summer but in the meantime I would play him in order to strengthen our chances of promotion. I can understand why so many fans are upset at his ( reportedly) refusal to extend his contract but what would we gain by blanking him. I for one know nothing of the full truth behind his decision, probably never will but as we presumably still pay his wages, lets at least get something in return

That's a good point Keefy - he's contracted and paid to play for us, why not play him if it will help us gain promotion.

He's expected to do his best whenever he plays - he's paid to do that, whether he wants out or not, and it's in his interest to play well, bang in some goals,  make assists,  to keep the interest up, and not look like someone who only plays well when he feels like it.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Please. No more Robinson. So overrated.

General

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on November 03, 2021, 01:52:24 PM
Please. No more Robinson. So overrated.

He did well last game, particularly first half. I was sitting in the Johnny Haynes stand on that area of the pitch. Had their player in his pocket, with some astute tackling in instances but also his rapid pace.

H3Matt

I would give Tete his first start tonight. Play Odoi next to Ream. I don't like a Ream/Mawson combo as Mawson plays on the left side, same as Ream. Hector...no thanks.

Donnie Lonegan

QuoteI don't like a Ream/Mawson combo as Mawson plays on the left side, same as Ream. Hector...no thanks.

Me neither, scary.

Woolly Mammoth

I would like to see Tete start but might be harsh on Odoi, then again why not.
A partnership of Odoi and Ream in the centre would be an
error of judgement as we would get turned over at set pieces and in the air in general. Both Ream and Odoi are too lightweight together and make the defence even more vulnerable, especially as the pair of them have poor positional sense. One central defender must attack the ball and neither do that well enough, so it has to be Mawson or Hector.
It will be no picnic at Blackburn tonight and we have to be physically strong as overall we are not a physical side to our detriment.
Blackburn see Odoi and Ream starting together they will be rubbing their hands and proceed to eat the pair of them for breakfast.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

WindyCity

Quote from: Donnie Lonegan on November 03, 2021, 04:39:01 PM
QuoteI don't like a Ream/Mawson combo as Mawson plays on the left side, same as Ream. Hector...no thanks.
Me neither, scary.

Ha, kinda thinking the same.  Not so much about Ream, to his credit this season so far he has played well, but I just don't want to see Mawson starting (or even coming in later unless the game has been decided).  Critique of Robinson unwarranted, imho.  He had good game last time out, is young and still learning, and will have some bad games along the way, but he should still start/play.  And contrary to popular opinion here, I'd play Carvalho if he's fit.  As long as teammates like him and he isn't causing any locker room problems he should play, jmho.

grandad

BDR is not a No. 10 nor a playmaker. Has to be either Cairney or Carvalho.
Where there's a will there's a wife

copthornemike

As Tete is now apparently fit and available a case can be made that he replace Odoi who can drop to the bench and fill in any defensive problems (RB or CB in particular) if they develope.
Hector was on the bench so I guess it would be logical for him to replace Toyo, particularly as he is right footed, although he has played very little so far this season.
RB - we have the luxury of two excellent players, Silva can simply pick who looks best in training.
Otherwise midfield & forwards we have plenty of options but I guess it makes sense to keep the starters the same as the W Brom match.
Most important factor tonight is Silva. He has the individuals to hand who should be capable of overcoming a Blackburn team who however will have the crowd behind them and have an experienced and wily manager.
Could be an excellent test of whether we are good enough to eventually be top of the Championship. Bournemouth have developed the knack of not conceding goals away from home. Something we could do with as Rovers rarely come away from a match without scoring, not least to Brereton!

Cornishnick

Re Carvahlo.
He did look good before injury but he has only started 6 games so I'd be enclined to give him 2 or 3 games when he's ready. That way, we see if he is still the wonderkid we all thought and give Silva a chance to judge his committment to the cause. If he ticks both those boxes we either have a great player (if he stays) or he has enhanced his selling price.