News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can someone explain the Harry Wilson position?

Started by Fernhurst, November 07, 2021, 12:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

The Swan

I thought we signed him on permanent contract. Could be wrong.
The Swan

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

I'd hope for £12 million we got him totally and wholly as ours.

Tabby

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on November 07, 2021, 12:34:53 PM
I'd hope for £12 million we got him totally and wholly as ours.

Think there is some accounting stuff in the payment structure pushing it to next season for FFP reasons.

filham

Why is there any question, i thought we made a signing quite early in the summer window and there was no talk of a loan.

paulbrookersmazydribbles

It is a loan with an obligation to buy in July I think - because all references to Fulham signing him permanently were removed from the official website when a Liverpool reporter disclosed that the deal was an FFP workaround.

MickyAdamsFamily

I believe that it's deferred payment for FFP reasons, but whether it's a loan until then or if it was a permanent transfer with those lengthy payment terms is unclear to me, too. I also feel pretty confident that the Harvey Elliot tribunal fee (was it 3mil potentially rising to 4.7mil?) will have been incorporated in the deal, which I think is why we were the favored destination from Liverpool's perspective.

Fernhurst

Thank you, so not technically ours until July then.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Tezer

You can still sign him as a Liverpool player in your Fantasy League team!

Cookie6262

Yep east go where you want and set up goals!!!

As posted before season long loan then an obligation to buy for £12 million, think it helped to ease ffp... also think the £7 million they owe us for Harvey Elliott is in there somewhere so we will only pay £5 million to them.

Jamie88

First year is a loan with an obligation to buy in July. The Harvey Elliott fee is factored into it so we are basically only paying just over £1m per year for four years

What I don't understand, is why the club try to pull the wool over our eyes by telling us a different story when they announced the transfer

WestSussexWhite

He's definitely not going back to Liverpool. The club have done some creative accounting to get round FFP, however, he will not be going back to Liverpool

Blawarmy

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on November 07, 2021, 09:16:43 PM
He's definitely not going back to Liverpool. The club have done some creative accounting to get round FFP, however, he will not be going back to Liverpool
From the Liverpool website