watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slim Like Gentleman Jim 2011 Championship

Started by finnster01, December 27, 2010, 04:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

And Final chance to join if you haven't already.

The rules are very simple:
1) Competition starts Jan 3rd and finishes March 1st.
2) We use the Marquess of Queensberry rules. i.e. As I can't watch you weigh in person, as good FoF'ers you are all expected to be gentlemen/women and I trust the weekly numbers you PM me. We are Fulham and are expected to be acting like Johnny Haynes with honour.
3) Prior to Jan 3rd (and as close as possible) each contestant will PM me their initial weight (in pounds to save me from converting).
4) Every week by Friday (or close to it) you will PM me your weight. I will then spend the weekend producing a number of stats,updated league tables and graphs, and post progress every Monday.
5) We are competing in two different classes: Biggest Loser and Biggest Loser Pound For Pound. Biggest Loser is simply most pounds dropped by March 1st. Biggest Loser Pound For Pound is percentage of body weight lost by March 1 giving everyone regardless of size a chance to compete  
6) Comments on threads are highly encouraged and Mr SilverFox/FrenchConnection has announced a FoF bumper sticker for
1. The best excuse given for not achieving their target or generally under-achieving.
2. The best use of a football cliché in this competition.
7) I am working on some actual Fulham prizes but that is still work in progress but I am hopeful we can get something sorted
8) To be eligible for any prizes you need to be participating all the way until the end. If you quit along the way, you will not be eligible.

Updated list of entries:

So far we have the following defo entrants:

1)WhiteJC
2)FatFreddysCat
3)RidgeRider
4)os5889
5)Rambling_Syd
6)AmericanJames
7)TraversBarney
8)StaffsWhite
9)AlFayedsChequebook
10)FCSilverFox/FrenchConnection/Sybil/AndyGorham
11)Dugliss
12)BigAlFFC
13)WhiteNoise
14)EllKay
15)VicHalomsLoveChild
16)ClintClintDeuce
17)Sipwell
18)Blingo
19)Airfix
20)FFCSteve
21)StaffsWhite
22)Fernhurst

You can still join but come Jan 3rd, new entries will be closed. And please remember to PM me any weights and not post personal results directly on the thread as I am only working on stats given via PM to avoid tempting gamesmanship.

Eat while you can, and then feel good about shedding it in the new year and when spring comes around you will feel real good!!! Maybe even thinking of brushing the dust off the old Speedo for the summer?  :54:

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

RidgeRider

Thanks for doing this Finnster!

You chaps have NO chance this year.  :hook:

Logicalman

Quote from: finnster01 on December 27, 2010, 04:58:32 PM

Maybe even thinking of brushing the dust off the old Speedo for the summer?  :54:

That's a little risque, especially living in the States Mr. F.     :015:

.. and you've got another sign-up - I'll PM you this week.  :54:

WHITEwitch

:016:

Yesterday morning I would have signed up.

Today I am on the outside of a Banoffee pie, a packet of Bombay mix and let's not talk about the cheese.......................

I've earmarked several bottles of wine, a chocolate roulade and a family sized bag of Doritos for the Stoke match........................

Washed down with Gin and a valium chaser..................

White Noise

Thanks for that Finnster - al makes perfect sense.

I am giving up the booze for the duration of the competition and kind of glad it finishes on 1st March - I had it in my mind that it ran till the end of March!! :51:

That looks a mighty competitive field. My best aspiration is a top half finish - I don't feel ready to represent FoF in Europe just yet!

ron

I shall keep body and soul together with just an occasional bowl of gruel and crust of dry bread for the duration of lent..   :002:

..........that is , until Mo has lent us the cash to buy a decent striker.... :clap_hands:

FatFreddysCat

You lot are wasting your time, i've got this won already. WN giving up the booze for two weeks is hard enough, let alone two months. Witchy poos souldn't be too hard to give up that rubbish cheese you eat  :015:

Blingo

You've already got your name on "Best excuse" Fredster  :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :59: :hook: :54:

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Blingo on December 28, 2010, 10:37:34 AM
You've already got your name on "Best excuse" Fredster  :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :59: :hook: :54:
Did you miss the thread i started the other day for you Blingo, should be in the last two pages, it's definately you  :59:

fulhamfootiechick

I'm already preparing for the big off, not drinking from today, just finished my last curry. last sausasges tomorrow morning. Plus i bought five tops for £220 from the Westfields shopping center (bloody hell its huge), but the tops i bought are way too small at the moment, to fit me proper i reckon i'd have to lose 2 and a half stone, so i've got a bit of incentive to keep me going. And stocked up on Heinz lentil soup as its only 85 calories. Bring it on Blingo and you other teletubbies  :028:

Jimbobob

"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Blingo

Quote from: fulhamfootiechick on December 30, 2010, 05:19:46 PM
I'm already preparing for the big off, not drinking from today, just finished my last curry. last sausasges tomorrow morning. Plus i bought five tops for £220 from the Westfields shopping center (bloody hell its huge), but the tops i bought are way too small at the moment, to fit me proper i reckon i'd have to lose 2 and a half stone, so i've got a bit of incentive to keep me going. And stocked up on Heinz lentil soup as its only 85 calories. Bring it on Blingo and you other teletubbies  :028:

I haven't stopped laughing at the above yet fat pants. you might lose a bit of weight when you take the tops back to the shop to change them ...if you walk there lol. You are not drinking tomorrow night? You won't last past opening time hahaha Sausages bacon, fried eggs, beans, fried bread, oh and chips two slices and a nice cup of tea LUVERLY JUBILEE. We will see if you have the stomach for it (you obviously have) hahahahaha I can't stop laughing. Weebles wobble but they don't fall down lol lol lol

ps. losing £220 on wasted tops doesn't count hahahahahahaha im in hysterics

TheDon

fatty, give us a pic of those tops i might be able to shift them for you for 75% leave it any longer and you`ll lose the lot.

p.s. good luck and happy new year
from the always slim`n`trim don.

fulhamfootiechick

The Don and Blingo them tops will fit me by june, the weight falls of in the summer when i'm gardening, and i hope to have lost well over a stone in these next two months. Anyhow sod going back to that Westfields shopping center, it is my vision of hell, packed shops with long queues and all the heating at full blast, i only done about half of the gaff, it was doing my head in. I reckon i'll be as skinny as  :037: come the end of the comp.
                                                  Fat Freddy's Cat.

Blingo

they say that your stomach goes down after the hernia op if that any help hahahahahahaha A stone in two months? Probably one you found whilst gardening. You have really made me laugh today.
:dft011: :54:

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

mirror mirror on the wall who is the tubbiest barstward of them all?
that'll be me then,again :doh:

Travers Barney

Not in good shape....cheap chablis is too accessible for the modern day fulhamer

Not a drop though after 02/01/11 prior to the big (and it will be be big) weigh in.

Next stop the Lane

We are the whites...but don't mind a drop of barola prior to the curfew.
We are the whites

finnster01

Gents,
Just a kind reminder that kick-off is coming up on Jan 3rd.

You need to PM your starting weights by the 3rd. If you will be out of pocket until then I suggest you get it in before you travel anywhere, if travel is not an issue then get them in as close to the 3rd you can (but don't forget). The first week will be a short one as I need updated numbers each Friday.

Good luck and a happy new year  :wine:

finnster01

Entry List. Please make sure you respond prior to the third:

1)WhiteJC
2)FatFreddysCat
3)RidgeRider
4)os5889
5)Rambling_Syd
6)AmericanJames
7)TraversBarney
8)StaffsWhite
9)AlFayedsChequebook
10)FCSilverFox
11)Dugliss
12)BigAlFFC (got your initial number mate)
13)WhiteNoise
14)EllKay
15)VicHalomsLoveChild
16)ClintClintDeuce
17)Sipwell
18)Blingo
19)Airfix
20)FFCSteve
21)StaffsWhite
22)Fernhurst
23)Logicalman

FC Silver Fox

There are more overweight people in America than average-weight people. So that surely means that overweight people are now average... which means, you have met your New Year's resolution to bring your weight down.
No, that doesn't sound very motivational for this weight loss programme, does it? 
I take it back. Don't bother reading this post.  Doh, too late.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.