News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

On the Offal and as a combat veteran myself…

Started by ChesterTheTabby, November 19, 2021, 12:20:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

... this lad on the Offal is everything. Been there my son, and fortunate to have come out in one piece. God bless you and the strength you and so many others possess that is far greater than my own. You are an inspiration, and Fulham is fortunate to have you as a supporter. 

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/november/18/fulham-fan-stephen-wins-soldiering-on-award/
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

OtherHodgson

Couldn't agree more. An inspiration and I wish him all the best.

COYW!!!

RaySmith

cookieg

An absolutely fantastic achievement. I have three nephews currently serving and there is always that thought that they may be called upon to do their duty at any time. I feel we don't do enough for our veterans once they have left the service. The government sends our men and women to war and they should be looked after when they return.

Motspur Park

Quote from: cookieg on November 19, 2021, 11:17:32 AM
An absolutely fantastic achievement. I have three nephews currently serving and there is always that thought that they may be called upon to do their duty at any time. I feel we don't do enough for our veterans once they have left the service. The government sends our men and women to war and they should be looked after when they return.
Wholeheartedly agree and also agree with the fact this man is inspirational.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Motspur Park on November 19, 2021, 02:23:16 PM
Quote from: cookieg on November 19, 2021, 11:17:32 AM
Wholeheartedly agree and also agree with the fact this man is inspirational.
I agree with you both.  I have to say when I read the article this morning it brought a lump to my throat.  What a true hero this man is, he has nothing but my complete and utter respect and admiration.

Kemosabe

On a side note, I see that Stephen lives at the Royal Star & Garter home (now in Surbiton).

My father spent the last couple of years of his life as a resident there.  Most of the residents are elderly people who served in the military (my father qualified on the basis of his National Service) - I think partners also are eligible.  Stephen would be relatively unusual being in his mid-30s. 

It was an absolutely fantastic place, with really good facilities and an excellent programme of activities for the residents.  But most importantly, it had a committed cadre of staff working there who really got to know the residents and looked after them so well.  A truly wonderful place.

SP

Quote from: Kemosabe on November 19, 2021, 05:37:46 PM
On a side note, I see that Stephen lives at the Royal Star & Garter home (now in Surbiton).

My father spent the last couple of years of his life as a resident there.  Most of the residents are elderly people who served in the military (my father qualified on the basis of his National Service) - I think partners also are eligible.  Stephen would be relatively unusual being in his mid-30s. 

It was an absolutely fantastic place, with really good facilities and an excellent programme of activities for the residents.  But most importantly, it had a committed cadre of staff working there who really got to know the residents and looked after them so well.  A truly wonderful place.

Dad used to make an annual contribution to the RS&G home, good to know more about the excellent set-up there.

blingo