watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

AFC Bournemouth opinion

Started by Hugh Gentry, November 22, 2021, 09:52:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hugh Gentry

According the AFCB fans they are way way better than us, particularly their midfield, much more fluid, their "elite Defence" will take care of us, Fulham are simply "second best", "Fulham have been beaten three times, that's why we are the better team", they should be "13 points ahead after they play us"....this thread has four pages, all but one extolling the virtues of their world beaters, the last thread however was at 10.30 on Sunday morning....90 minutes before they took on the mighty Derby.

Brings back memories of Sounness and Blackburn in 2001.......revenge is a dish best enjoyed cold........I have no comment

https://bournemouth-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/how-to-stop-mitrovic.14888/

Andy S

The table at the end of the season will not lie. Until then......

We Are Premier League

In fairness, Lerma and Billing (+Cook and Christie) are possibly better than out CM's. However, Lloyd Kelly is probably the only other player that could make it into our starting 11...

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: Andy S on November 22, 2021, 09:57:27 AM
The table at the end of the season will not lie. Until then......
I concur

FFC1987

Soon find out won't we I suppose. I guess my only counter to their claims would be at pointing out the GD. Whilst I appreciate points are the most important statistic, often, when analysing teams, having a gander at the GD is a key indicator of where teams are too.

Blawarmy

Quote from: We Are Premier League on November 22, 2021, 10:03:17 AM
In fairness, Lerma and Billing (+Cook and Christie) are possibly better than out CM's. However, Lloyd Kelly is probably the only other player that could make it into our starting 11...
TC, Harrison and Seri worse than those?  I don't think so.

bobby01

Billing is a dirty player, surprised at how much he gets away with.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: Blawarmy on November 22, 2021, 10:40:33 AM
Quote from: We Are Premier League on November 22, 2021, 10:03:17 AM
TC, Harrison and Seri worse than those?  I don't think so.
we will see in less than a couple of weeks and by the end of the season we will absolutly know. I just don't know why fans get into "we are better than any other team" debates, especially in The Championship and especially after less than half a season. January 1st is when the table starts to tell the real story and then it becomes a battle, where teams like Leeds, Brentford and West Brom are all evidence of how tough it is to get over the line from a good position.

Somerset Fulham

They are pushing for the automatic promotion and have only lost a couple all season.

It would be weird if they didn't back their own side, wouldn't it?

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on November 22, 2021, 11:10:47 AM
They are pushing for the automatic promotion and have only lost a couple all season.

Would you say we are the best? have you watched every other game? backing your side or being delusional to have it come back and bite you on the arse, especially when your manager is as dodgy under pressure as theirs is.

blingo

They must be Merchant Bankers as they don't seem to know too much about football.

Somerset Fulham

I would say that we are the best and I would fully expect a Bournemouth to understand that. I also don't understand the whole 'have you watched every other game comment', have you?

Were a Hull City supporter saying it, I would call them delusional, but for a supporter of a side who's team has only lost a couple, is one point off of the top and looking highly likely for automatic promotion, it is anything but a delusional take on things.

FFC1987

Quote from: Hugh Gentry on November 22, 2021, 11:16:10 AM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on November 22, 2021, 11:10:47 AM

Would you say we are the best? have you watched every other game? backing your side or being delusional to have it come back and bite you on the arse, especially when your manager is as dodgy under pressure as theirs is.

I guess it depends when people asked. 5 matches ago I'd of said Bournemouth shaded it to be honest. Now, I think we edge it albeit its margins. Both (or all sides) are capable of beating each other obviously but based on form and squad, I think we should be ok. If I was betting, I'd probably say its a draw waiting to happen.

blingo

ALG01

The truth is they must be a good team in this division and we are also a good team.

I saw the derby game and bournemouth were in cruise control in the first half and well on top. in the second they were shambolic.
we have been brilliantish recently scoring for fun but wobbled against coventry, reading and blackpool.

Regarding the bournemouth game I tke the view we are playing derby next so bournemouth are an irelevance at the moment.

FFC1987

Quote from: blingo on November 22, 2021, 11:25:30 AM
5-0 Fulham Mr FFC1987

Do you know who the scorers will be? I'll put a bet builder on!

filham

Bournmouth fans should be careful, pride often comes before a fall.
They would be wise to save their words for the coach trip home from the Cottage on Saturday 4th December. It could be a quiet trip and anything they have to say will be listened to.

Lighthouse

We are all delusional about whatever it is we are supporting. From football club to favourite brand of coffee or butter. The poorer a team becomes the better the fans seem to become about being fair when looking at other clubs. Whoever is better or which player is intimately better in any particular position will always be up to debate. But as others have said. The team highest in the league at the end of the season is the better team.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

blingo

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 22, 2021, 11:26:46 AM
Quote from: blingo on November 22, 2021, 11:25:30 AM
5-0 Fulham Mr FFC1987

Do you know who the scorers will be? I'll put a bet builder on!

Mitro, Wilson and Neeskins

If Derby can score three against them, we can do it. We have a very much stronger attack, and a far more astute manager than either Derby or SP. Neither Derby or Bournemouth's strikers are near the quality of Mitro. I have a strange feeling that our players are going to be very much up for this one.