https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Charlton Athletic

Started by Mince n Tatties, November 22, 2021, 04:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Had over 26,000 in league 1 Saturday.

bog

There was an offer to season tickets to bring along three guests for nothing and this gesture certainly worked!   :54:

092.gif

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: bog on November 22, 2021, 04:38:49 PM
There was an offer to season tickets to bring along three guests for nothing and this gesture certainly worked!   :54:

092.gif

Thanks for that info,thought there must have
been some reason.

davew

25,000 Plymouth fans went there??
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Hatch007

I met the American owners of Charlton, Thomas Sandgaard (Danish ancestry) and Kyle Henderson (Irish father) in the boardroom at Wycombe v Charlton earlier in the season. My mate is a Wycombe Director and I was his guest.

Thomas and Kyle are both really knowledgeable about the history of Association Football as they both watched it religiously growing up. They happen to be really top blokes as well to the extent we've stayed in touch.

Charlton is in very good hands with those chaps at the helm and I'm delighted for them with the recent upturn in results since they reluctantly let Nigel Adkins go. Four wins and a draw in their last five league matches including a win at Sunderland and 2-0 victory over top of the league Plymouth on Saturday. Now that's a new manager bounce if ever I saw one ...

f321ffc

Quote from: davew on November 22, 2021, 05:11:55 PM
25,000 Plymouth fans went there??
Leeds would have taken more🤣
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Twig

Charlton are a real community club, I'm pleased to see them on the up.

SG

Quote from: Twig on November 22, 2021, 06:19:45 PM
Charlton are a real community club, I'm pleased to see them on the up.

Another club who have suffered due to dubious owners. Now have a club legend managing and seemingly on the up

SG

Have we stopped posting our crowds on the club website?

70sPimlico

I got started on at the Valley when I was about 15 by blokes who must have been in their 40's. They weren't very hospitable then.

All I remember is we won. Howard Gayle played. And both teams were pretty much relegated already. And one of the stands on the side of the ground was just ridiculously large. I've just checked. Their East Stand could hold 44000.

There was about 30 people in it when I went.

I guess there were about 300 FFC fans in our end. But by the 2nd half there was 100 or so extra in our end and they weren't their for the game. No police. no stewards.

The good old days

SP

Similar experience as you 70sPimlico, vivid memories of the running battles that used to take place at both the Valley & Kenilworth Road.  What amazes me to this day, is that Dad, a sensible bank manager, was not put off attending places like this & the Old Den?  Perhaps his experiences during national service was a factor?

Motspur Park

Quote from: 70sPimlico on November 22, 2021, 06:54:27 PM
I got started on at the Valley when I was about 15 by blokes who must have been in their 40's. They weren't very hospitable then.

All I remember is we won. Howard Gayle played. And both teams were pretty much relegated already. And one of the stands on the side of the ground was just ridiculously large. I've just checked. Their East Stand could hold 44000.

I guess there were about 300 FFC fans in our end. But by the 2nd half there was 100 or so extra in our end and they weren't their for the game. No police. no stewards.

The good old days

I posted on another thread about watching games from the Putney end and the mouthy tossers coming out at the same time as home fans. One of those clubs was Charlton. Tried to trip up my daughter and give us loads of abuse. My experiences of Charlton are all negative, not that they are a family and community club.

Dodgin

My nephew teaches at local school they were given 60 tickets.

mrmicawbers

The boat trips were good,Sean and Barry great

Dodgin

We let one of their legends go Johnny Summers

Twig

Quote from: Motspur Park on November 22, 2021, 08:28:15 PM
Quote from: 70sPimlico on November 22, 2021, 06:54:27 PM

The good old days

I posted on another thread about watching games from the Putney end and the mouthy tossers coming out at the same time as home fans. One of those clubs was Charlton. Tried to trip up my daughter and give us loads of abuse. My experiences of Charlton are all negative, not that they are a family and community club.

I said the club is a community club, I didn't comment on some the fan base.  Charlton Athletic works very hard to support a community that includes some very deprived areas. There is no excuse for violent or aggressive supporters and I'm not suggesting deprivation can be used as an excuse but don't conflate the Club's community work with the behaviour of some of its supporters.