watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Floodlights

Started by Gezza, November 22, 2021, 07:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gezza

Is it just me or do the floodlights from the new stand fail to match, in terms of light,  the floodlights on the Johnny Haynes side of the pitch. I thought this on Saturday at it seems to be borne out when watching the highlights as the pitch nearer the new stand is darker. Did anyone else notice ?

MJG

Thats because the bloody things are pointing smack bang at my row in the JH stand, blinding everyone in those rows in front and behind all along the stand.
Not that the club care.
Just the views of a long term fan

Carborundum

Quote from: MJG on November 22, 2021, 07:45:05 PM
Thats because the bloody things are pointing smack bang at my row in the JH stand, blinding everyone in those rows in front and behind all along the stand.
Not that the club care.
This.  It's ridiculous.  The NHS will be prescribing half season tickets for Vitamin D deficiency cases.

bobbo

I noticed it from the first time we had them on this season it's noticeably darker riverside of the pitch.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Rambler

Not that the club care.

Is this something for the FST to bring up at the next meeting if it's not already been raised. This should be fixed, they can't keep blinding fans in other stands

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Rambler on November 22, 2021, 11:38:11 PM
Not that the club care.

Is this something for the FST to bring up at the next meeting if it's not already been raised. This should be fixed, they can't keep blinding fans in other stands
Absolutely agree - must be brought up to the trust
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Dodger53

I noticed players shielding there eyes a couple of times from the new stand lights.

Southdowns White

My mate sits in the JH stand and recons he got sunburn from the lights, like something from 'Close encounters of the third kind' movie!

WokingFFC

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on November 23, 2021, 12:00:43 AM
Not that the club care.

I do believe it has been raised twice by the FST and that the club / installers were looking into it. I think that all supporters affected by this need to email the club with info otherwise it will go unchanged

Twig

Not that the club care.

It has, it was in the last set of minutes.

filham

Not that the club care.
Agree, I too am suffering from this problem in the JH stand. I have posted previously saying we need a special big peak cap for evening matches.

HamsterWheel

Same halfway up the Hammersmith for me (from the lights above the Cottage). Why are they lighting up the stands and not just the pitch and 6 feet above it? You don't light the audience in a theatre!

MJG

Quote from: Twig on November 23, 2021, 09:52:46 AM
Not that the club care.

It has, it was in the last set of minutes.
yep, they have asked and club say its not an issue all within regs etc etc etc.
Just the views of a long term fan

Twig

Well it will be interesting to see what the reaction is after tomorrow night's game against Derby.  I will be in the Hammy end and interested to see if there is an issue there.  Those in the JH stand should also post their regards their experience.

cmg

Quote from: WokingFFC on November 23, 2021, 09:23:30 AM
I do believe it has been raised twice by the FST and that the club / installers were looking into it.

...but unfortunately they couldn't see anything because of the blinding light.

Twig

Quote from: cmg on November 23, 2021, 02:58:47 PM
Quote from: WokingFFC on November 23, 2021, 09:23:30 AM
I do believe it has been raised twice by the FST and that the club / installers were looking into it.

...but unfortunately they couldn't see anything because of the blinding light.

Blinded by the light...

Could be an apt choice for the Friday music thread