watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Let’s not assumeoing to be easy tomorrow

Started by Peabody, November 23, 2021, 02:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

That because Derby are bottom that it's  going to be easy tomorrow evening, they surely proved on Sunday that they are no pushover.

gang

They're only bottom because of financial misdemeanours, points won they're 16th

Holders

Agreed and they're fighting for their lives. The final 9 points deducted has made it a taller order but it's not over yet for them.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bog

We do not want to suffer form that top v bottom syndrome when league positions are turned on their head. To beat the top two in four days would be the ultimate. This cannot happen!  049:gif

092.gif

blingo

We're gonna muller them Mr P. That'll make you feel better. Hope the health side of things is good.

filham

It is yet another possible banana skin for us , so important that we treat them with the same respect of all other Championship clubs. Be sure we will need to perform to get the three points, there are no free rides in the Championship.

General

Quote from: gang on November 23, 2021, 02:51:07 PM
They're only bottom because of financial misdemeanours, points won they're 16th

Agreed, but that's still quite low - read other fans sites recently (including west brom etc) and they didn't think Derby are that good. That being said though, knowing this league and seeing the situation they're in and their last resort it would be very stupid not to be taking this game seriously.

I remember worrying pre our game vs Nottingham Forest as they were the in form team, similarly curious though less concerned about our matches vs QPR and West Brom who were both top scoring teams in the league and we have managed to overcome them pretty impressively, but the reason for that is because of the professionalism and focus that we approached the game.

I think, based on what I've heard from Marco, that Silva is on top of the situation, he has a good perspective on things, saying when we conceded that we could work on that, that if you win, it's only worth the win if you build on it etc.

But we wont win every game, that's football, that's emotion etc - but we're well placed with the depth to the squad we have to give most teams a good go, if we turn up.

Never take a result for granted though, this is competitive sport and 11 vs 11 at the end of the day and very rarely do you get teams who go through significant unbeaten runs.

Let's hope the team and Silva are fully prepared for tonight! i'll be there and want to see the win.

Colton F.C.

What has changed for Derby is that they are no longer living under the threat and uncertainty of a points deduction.  The punishment has now been exacted and the players know exactly where they stand and what has to be achieved to avoid relegation.  The new mindset has blown away Boscombe and with that confidence boost Fulham must realise that the A game is required tonight.

Enjoyable as the romp against Barnsley was, our game was littered with defensive mistakes and profilgacy in front of goal. Need to tighten up in all areas.

bobby01

I cannot see for one minute, Marco letting anyone think it's going to be easy.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.