watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Silva on the Wireless

Started by JimmyConway, November 24, 2021, 11:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyConway

Both Trevor Sinclair and Simon Jordan talking about Silva's interview on Talksport with Jim White. Simon Jordan said he has redeemed himself somewhat and doing a good job at Fulham but both Sinclair and Jordan mentioned they think Silva is a serial ship jumper and will do the same again at Fulham.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: JimmyConway on November 24, 2021, 11:47:44 AM
Both Trevor Sinclair and Simon Jordan talking about Silva's interview on Talksport with Jim White. Simon Jordan said he has redeemed himself somewhat and doing a good job at Fulham but both Sinclair and Jordan mentioned they think Silva is a serial ship jumper and will do the same again at Fulham.

Yep...he probably will - but he'll leave us in a better position, than when he arrived... making it more attractive for future manager's.....but...while it lasts enjoy the ride - tomorrow's another day

blingo

Or he might just stay and see it through. He has something to prove, and right now he's doing a damned good job of it and seems very happy at FFC. Sometimes I wish these idiots doing radio and TV commentaries would just go and do one. What is of any use in what they have said???

FFC1987

If the club shows ambition and backs him, I'm not sure why he'd leave unless a much more prodigious job comes along. Hard to see though, as I'd wager he'd need to get us up, keep us up, and show us stepping up a level or two before the jobs I mentioned has his name tied to.

ALG01

Dodgin

NJFulham

He will definitely be here through this season.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

General

People can and do change. Silva has been out of a job for 2 years prior to us and was managing in the premier league beforehand - he knows he has somewhat of a rebuild reputationally to do after average results in the premier league with the clubs he managed. He's got a good setup here, a squad that can play the style he wants. I would like to think he knows all of this and will spend at least a year (unless performances are really bad) with us once promoted. The hope is that having taken some time away/out he'll have refocused on what went wrong and why and how to be better and build from there but on a more stable footing. He's still young for a manager at 44, so if he gets it right with us over a few more years than he can go back and do well somewhere further up the managerial tree.

For what it's worth, I think he did take time off in the two years between Everton and us to reflect and get back in touch with the roots of the game and ground himself more. I think he knows what this club offers him and he took the role because he thinks he can get us up easily with the squad we have, a quick win, which for me suggests he's still ambitious and keen to prove himself.

Long may it continue. Let's hope he's got the players in the right mood for tonight.

ianthailand

Quote from: General on November 24, 2021, 05:15:17 PM
People can and do change. Silva has been out of a job for 2 years prior to us and was managing in the premier league beforehand - he knows he has somewhat of a rebuild reputationally to do after average results in the premier league with the clubs he managed. He's got a good setup here, a squad that can play the style he wants. I would like to think he knows all of this and will spend at least a year (unless performances are really bad) with us once promoted. The hope is that having taken some time away/out he'll have refocused on what went wrong and why and how to be better and build from there but on a more stable footing. He's still young for a manager at 44, so if he gets it right with us over a few more years than he can go back and do well somewhere further up the managerial tree.

For what it's worth, I think he did take time off in the two years between Everton and us to reflect and get back in touch with the roots of the game and ground himself more. I think he knows what this club offers him and he took the role because he thinks he can get us up easily with the squad we have, a quick win, which for me suggests he's still ambitious and keen to prove himself.

Long may it continue. Let's hope he's got the players in the right mood for tonight.
Good post General agree wholeheartedly.