watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Did Muniz’s header cross the goal line?

Started by VamosFFC, November 25, 2021, 01:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VamosFFC

I couldn't exactly tell from the stream, but I thought that maybe it had. Does anyone have any photo or video evidence showing if it did or didn't?

jarv

I thought it was over but hard to tell without the technology.

MickyAdamsFamily

I feel that it's quite likely that it did cross the line, and would love to see a better angle on it. The defender was standing fully within the goal, and not on the goal line, and when he kicked the clearance (I believe it was w/his left boot), his follow-through after hitting the ball was to hit the back (inner) side of the goalpost, indicating that the ball must've been within the goal when he kicked it. That was my observation at the time. Also Muniz seemed pretty convinced that it had, too.

Craven Mad

Doesn't the Championship have goal line technology?

I know VAR isn't here, but thought refs did have those goal-line watches that buzz when the ball crosses the line(?)

Ruislip Ray

They showed the incident on sky with the usual technology, 95% of the ball was over the line so no goal.

MartyFFC

Yeah the championship does actually have goal-line technology

junior white

Championship defo has goal line tech, just not VAR

joshfulham

We have goal line tech in the Championship which has only ever failed once in the English leagues (Villa-Sheff Utd). Pretty sure it didn't cross the line

filham

That was a close call and then there were two occasions where we hit the woodwork, lady luck was not with us last night.

Colton F.C.

Quote from: Ruislip Ray on November 25, 2021, 06:56:38 AM
They showed the incident on sky with the usual technology, 95% of the ball was over the line so no goal.

And there we have it.  The difference between being a world class predatory striker and 'abysmal' (see other threads).

fulhamfan

bobby01

?s=21

Been told this was the muniz goal line decision.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

toshes mate

Quote from: filham on November 25, 2021, 10:11:49 AM
That was a close call and then there were two occasions where we hit the woodwork, lady luck was not with us last night.
Tend to agree that we were a little unlucky but then good sides tend to make their own luck and our opponents had their moments too.  Even allowing for the forced sickness changes we were a little off the pace and we didn't make have many good first touches in and around the six yard box when at our most dangerous.  The eventual outcome was pretty fair to all concerned I thought.

VamosFFC

Quote from: bobby01 on November 25, 2021, 11:20:46 AM
?s=21

Been told this was the muniz goal line decision.

Thanks for that Bobby01...so close!

bobby01

?s=21

A better shot.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.