https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

3 missing players

Started by WestSussexWhite, November 24, 2021, 07:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Quote from: Bokonon on November 24, 2021, 11:00:01 PM
Quote from: General on November 24, 2021, 10:57:18 PM
Based on all the reports, most claim that whilst we had some wasteful shooting, it was more Derby throwing everything into their defending that kept the score down. We hit the bar twice and had loads of chances which were blocked in the last moment. Think it was just one of those game unfortunately for us. Glad Bournemouth drew, their form is starting to look poor - but a shame we didn't get more.

Does anyone know why mitro, rodak and cairney were out?

Mitro/Cairney non-Covid illness. Rodak in quarantine because someone on the plane back from international duty tested positive.

Add that to Reed, Reid, Wilson and Robinson all playing or in the squad but with an illness too would explain why they all looked a bit off the pace today too.

tigs

Norovirus can be really serious - I was taken in to hospital and given a drip - and was knocked out for around 2 weeks. Took 'months' to recover fully.

MikeTheCubed

Pretty sure I had norovirus in late 2018 (my Dad certainly did), was just 1 day of suffering but did cause me to take an exceptionally rare day off work.

Mince n Tatties

This could turn out difficult at Preston Saturday.
Will they be fully recovered, game comes soon at 12-30pm,and they have had a day extra off playing Tuesday night,and they a physical side.

PaulJ123

This is why it's so hard to say we're gonna steamroll the year particularly this year, a Covid outbreak or something like this can really disrupt a squad for a month.

Next thing you know your squad is looking lacking. We do have a strong squad which helps but any more out from yesterday and it starts to struggle.

Hope they recover for Saturday mainly for their own good!

Twig

Quote from: Hatch007 on November 24, 2021, 10:11:58 PM
Quote from: filham on November 24, 2021, 09:49:43 PM
Well that match confirmed something we already new, Mitro is so important in our attack.
A few more matches without him and we will be into a goal drought.
I don't wish to appear argumentative but I can't agree with your assessment that suggests we were impotent in attack tonight. A little reflection and perspective reveals we hit the woodwork twice, the keeper made a worldy save from Carv's volley, Muniz had a header cleared off the line and a stunning overhead kick attempt that wasn't far off bursting the net and sending the Hammy End into raptures.

On another night we score 2, 3 or even 4 goals.

You only have to look at the goal scorers on Saturday to appreciate we are not a one-man team reliant solely on Mitro for goals.

But Muniz' hold up play and lay offs were nowhere near Mitro's standard and as a result other attacking players got fewer good opportunities than they do when Mitro is playing. We didn't only miss him for his goals we missed him for his all round contribution.

bobby01

Strange everyone seems to be under the impression that the virus hit today, it could have been Sunday,Monday, in which case all should be fine for Saturday.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: bobby01 on November 25, 2021, 10:26:51 AM
Strange everyone seems to be under the impression that the virus hit today, it could have been Sunday,Monday, in which case all should be fine for Saturday.
Possibly so, but if it's Norovirus it usually takes a few days for symptoms to appear, a few to pass (no pun intended) and it's contagious.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.