watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tosin

Started by Maidstone Lee, November 25, 2021, 01:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maidstone Lee

Do we think he should start against Preston? Thought he was poor yesterday with Ream having to compensate.

I'd actually consider bringing Hector back in.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

ashteadFFC

Thought he defended ok - but his passing was way off. So many short passes too short and long passes were terrible. As you say glad Ream was on point last night.

Sting of the North

Think Tosin was good defensively overall, sloppy with passes. Should definitely stay in the team in my opinion.

General

He was poor in my view too. I wasn't paying too much attention to him in any deliberate way, but noted once or twice that his passing was off of my own accord, but this was reinforced multiple times during the game by other fans near me mentioning it too. He's been out for three games, Hector had rusty moments too. He needed to get yesterday into his legs to get reacquainted with playing. We're in a lucky position to have hector, Mawson and someday perhaps Kongolo all as back up options, but Tosin on his day so far is better than all of them (apart from maybe Kongolo, but we've still yet to see him properly).

Also noticed Tosin getting drawn out of his defensive position a few times which has been picked up by pundits before as something he does too often and is naive. Did look like the wrong thing to do at the time.

Whitesideup

Do not agree at all that he was poor. Defensively he was not only good but made some key interventions. Sometimes his pace made his defending look easy but other CBs may well have struggled. Sure he misplaced a couple of short passes that could have been expensive, and some of his longer passes were not reaching their target, (commonplace with other centre-halves - try counting how many of Mawson's long balls end up with the opponents in possession). So from the perspective of distribution, certainly not his finest game, but a key player for us. While I think Hector came in and did a good job for three games, and would have kept his place were Tosin not as good as he is, I will be amazed if Tosin is fit and does not start the Preston game.

bencher

There were some stray passes, and one over-confident pass through the lines which led to Davies nipping in and running through to the edge of the box. But I felt his defending was mostly good. And one thing he gives us, far too easily overlooked, is good recovery pace. Hector doesn't have it, nor does Ream. He showed it once in the first half when he put on the afterburners and mopped up.

jarv

A few poor passes. Can happen to anyone in any game.

Somerset Fulham

An off night with the pasing but I thought both he and Tete made some fantastic tackles.

bobbo

Not his best performance last night but he's been soo good for so many games I can certainly allow him one dodgy performance it's the players who ha ve one good performance and then 5 or more dodgy ones that need dropping for a game or two —— and I've got one in mind
1975 just leaving home full of hope

blingo

1st game back after suspension, no more to add.

Andy S

I have he was awful bring back Hector

FFC1987

Its funny how we all perceive the game so differently. I thought defensively, Tosin was ok/good, just shadowed by his poor passing. Seen him better but didn't think he was that bad. Same posters I disagreed with on Muniz yesterday. Maybe its a play styles thing. 

Whitestone

Poor performance ? I don't think so. The odd stray pass. Maybe. But that goes for all of the back four including Ream who I thought was the best player out there yesterday.

LC

The manager said 6 players were sick, some of which played 3 of which (our regular starters) didn't play.

Pretty clear from our performance. 

ALG01

I thought picking Tosin and error and I got nno pleasure that he was woeful along with many others.
They looked like they were not well so not suprised to hear that confirmed.

I think they all get a free pass if they were unwell but tosin I think maybe should not have been told your position is unassailable. It seems to me hector was OK but tosin walked straight back in, not a good way to manage young men and does nothing to inspire competion.

Twig

He didn't have his best game last night, his passing was simply erratic. At one point in the first half I'm pretty sure I saw a flash of frustration in his expression. I think he knew he was struggling for consistency.  Having said that I wouldn't drop him, his partnership with Ream has been excellent and he probably just needs another match to settle back down.

Ronnief

Although his distribution was not good last night I thought he directed/controlled the back line, especially at set pieces. 092.gif

davew

Is Mawson injured?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

JimOG

Quote from: davew on November 25, 2021, 05:31:50 PM
Is Mawson injured?
Good question. I realise that the subs bench had to have a spread i.e. Hector covering CB, BDR up top but it looks like Mawson is not rated - might go in January?

bencher

Mawson is probably a victim of the poor showing at Highfield Road, Ricoh Stadium, Northampton or wherever Coventry play these days