more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

illness situation

Started by IloveFFC, November 25, 2021, 04:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IloveFFC

ChesterTheTabby

Christ - I hope they're alright. We can probably get away with resting some against Preston and eek out a 1-0 win, but need them all fighting fit for Brentford.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on November 25, 2021, 04:10:57 PM
Christ - I hope they're alright. We can probably get away with resting some against Preston and eek out a 1-0 win, but need them all fighting fit for Brentford.
Bournemouth... I assumed 👍👍⚽️
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

f321ffc

So how bad does it have to get to be eligible to postpone a game, it's obviously contagious so surely grounds to postpone.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Fulham 442

So how bad does it have to get to be eligible to postpone a game, it's obviously contagious so surely grounds to postpone.

I was thinking exactly that.  Does anyone know?

Lordedmundo

The article in The Athletic implies that some of the players have been ill since the beginning of the week.  I would therefore think that they would all be recovered for Saturday. However, the fact that they will be checked tomorrow does imply that they have not been training at all this week as yet - so they will not be 100% fit. Most likely the club are trying to protect other players from the virus.

This from an online article:

'Norovirus. With norovirus — the most common cause of viral gastroenteritis in adults — you're contagious when you begin to feel ill. Symptoms usually appear within one to two days of exposure.

Although you typically feel better after a day or two, you're contagious for a few days after you recover. The virus can remain in your stool for up to two weeks or more after recovery.

Children should stay home from school or child care for at least 48 hours after the last time they vomit or have diarrhoea'.

Good news that no other players (other than the original 6) appear to have contracted it - but could they still if the 6 players return to the squad while they are still infectious...?

blingo

In my day they called it the Eartha Kitts

filham

With half a dozen players with the virus I would have thought there was a case for calling off the Preston trip and putting the whole club in quarantine.

Cookie6262

If anybody has ever had Norovirus it's horrendous my little ones brought it home from nursery once I honestly couldn't be more than 10 yards from a toilet and I'm talking both ends.... On the plus side I remember it was pretty much a 24 hour thing and after about 3 days was fully recovered.

perry geyton

Twig

Quote from: perry geyton on November 26, 2021, 02:00:36 AM
Food poisoning maybe ?

Norovirus is, as the name suggests, a virus. However as it's often food born people incorrectly label it as food poisoning. It's a very common virus, especially in winter and highly contagious. So much so that I wouldn't be surprised to hear that one or two more members of our squad have gone down with it.
It's rotten luck, I'm just hope the seven already identified are beginning to feel better. Hoping some of them will feel able to play on Saturday.

cookieg

It's not ideal but if we can't get the game rescheduled then losing to Preston with a weakened team isn't the end of the world.

Jeroen

If only we had Magath still..... he would have known the right cheese to cure this!
#bringBackMagath

RaySmith

Quote from: blingo on November 25, 2021, 06:35:55 PM

As long as it doesn't occur in the middle of a match!

Jem

Quote from: RaySmith on November 26, 2021, 08:21:26 AM

Would that be called "Doing a Lineker"?
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

bog

I suffered from that when we lost 2-1 at Torquay.... :dft001: :022: :doh:

092.gif

Woolly Mammoth

Apparently Diarrhoea is inherited, it runs in the family.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Colton F.C.

Quote from: Jem on November 26, 2021, 08:39:04 AM
Quote from: RaySmith on November 26, 2021, 08:21:26 AM

Would that be called "Doing a Lineker"?