watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sky pundits

Started by Baszab, November 27, 2021, 12:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enclosurite

Yes, apparently because Preston 'deserved' a goal the double handball was ok.  Well, no, they don't deserve a goal if they can't score one legitimately.

On to Bournemouth...
¡COYW!

Fulham 442

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on November 27, 2021, 03:31:29 PM
Quote from: Bill2 on November 27, 2021, 02:54:31 PM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on November 27, 2021, 02:08:21 PM
Quote from: Baszab on November 27, 2021, 02:03:48 PM
More unadulterated crap from the commentators after TWO handballs that led to the goal
Exactly right.  That goal should never have stood but to make out Preston deserved it regardless  because they were playing well is absurd!
I really hate it when people say the opposition deserved it as they were playing well. Not well enough to score a non controversial goal. We should have beaten Reading and Derby because we were such better than them, but we failed to score enough goals so didn't deserve to win.

You do realise that key players have been sick, don't you? And teams up their game against us at rhe best of times. I'm not sure why you think we deserve to win every fame to be honest.
Yes I do realise that a lot of our key players have been sick and I am equally sure a lot of other Fulham fans do too.   Understandably we were not firing on all cylinders today, or indeed against Derby so  not really sure what your point is...

Bill2

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on November 27, 2021, 03:31:29 PM
Quote from: Bill2 on November 27, 2021, 02:54:31 PM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on November 27, 2021, 02:08:21 PM
Quote from: Baszab on November 27, 2021, 02:03:48 PM
More unadulterated crap from the commentators after TWO handballs that led to the goal
Exactly right.  That goal should never have stood but to make out Preston deserved it regardless  because they were playing well is absurd!
I really hate it when people say the opposition deserved it as they were playing well. Not well enough to score a non controversial goal. We should have beaten Reading and Derby because we were such better than them, but we failed to score enough goals so didn't deserve to win.

You do realise that key players have been sick, don't you? And teams up their game against us at rhe best of times. I'm not sure why you think we deserve to win every fame to be honest.
I didn't say we did, if anything I was saying just the opposite.

Nick Bateman

Well said all re the biased Sky commentary, Andy Hinchcliffe sayingabout the ref "He's only human" but back in the studio two Preston-connected pundits claimed it was a fair goal, ignoring the elbow to Rodak, excusing the first handball that the ball didn't go forward (irrelevent point as it led to the goal and was very visible to all the officials) and Ched Evans who deliberately nudged the ball with first his shoulder then moving his arm to push the ball in with his elbow.

The Scot in the studio did not wish to believe his eyes and blathered on regardless. No sign of Mark Schwatzer they usually have and he would have argued strongly and correctly the other way. Preston exploited this weak ex-Premiership referee and dived and conned the official, even when he told a player to leave the field for treatment the line adjacent to him, he sat down instead wasting even more time. Terrible stewardship by Kavanagh but after all that Bournemouth flopped so Fulham stay TOP!!  :005:
049:gif
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Motspur Park

Sometimes they begrudgingly give us credit when we have won handsomely but the northern commentators have a definite bias with northern teams over us as well as teams like Brentford and QPR for some reason. Of course, it could be my blinkered view of everything seeming to be anti Fulham.

sunburywhite

They were crap. End of.
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

SP

Didn't see the game so just watched the Sky highlights, the pundit was desperately searching for reasons why it wasn't a foul or 3. Embarrassing.

jarv

Tony Gale.  Does he comment any more?  I think he is excellent when on.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I agree that the Sky commentators thought that it was a 'good' goal because it was deserved but to be fair their first reaction was that Robinson's tackle was a good one and certainly not a Red Card. Also there was a acknowledgement on several occasions that Fulham had had a bad week due to sickness but  there was also too much reference to Mitro being kept quiet when he was obviously still not fit.
Overall they do support the underdogs and it will be interesting to see their balance on Friday evening.

Dunstable Fulham

They are awful - embarrassing to be honest. Not worth the air time on here.

bobby01

You all better have the mute on Friday for the Parker love in.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Somerset Fulham

I don't think there is any of this perceived media bias that fans seem to think exists when it comes to clubs that aren't Liverpool or Yanited, you just get commentators having good days and bad days, thats all.

That said, the continual sucking off of Ched Evans made me feel uncomfortable.

SP

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on November 27, 2021, 09:39:00 PM

That said, the continual sucking off of Ched Evans made me feel uncomfortable.

Knowing how sensitive the TV companies are about this sort of thing, this really surprises me. Glad I didn't watch Sky.

Jims Dentist

Perhaps we need Cliffy Dean in the Sky Studios tomorrow.

MartyFFC

You need strong connections to either Man United or Liverpool. Think Neville, Carragher, Redknapp, Keane, Souness......

Fernhurst

We need Gale as summariser and a couple of youngsters in the Studio....... How about Messrs Mullery and Cohen?? 
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.