watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bryan

Started by copthornemike, November 28, 2021, 10:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

copthornemike

Maybe a bit of a 'with the benefit of hindsight' comment but why was Bryan not on the bench yesterday? Unless Bryan is injured or ill I found it surprising.
The one substitution which was crying out to be made yesterday was for Robinson who was as close as he will ever be to being red carded.
Silva is an experienced manager and surely after the Derby game he and his team must have observed Robinson was not having the best of days defensively?
Would not be surprised if the first thing Bournemouth plan to do on Friday is target Robinson & Ream - the number of times Ream was 'worked out / drawn' onto the wing and then beaten for pace by PNE was obvious.
I can see the value of Robinson's pace to the team set up but we really need to have a good plan B ready in place. Parker's Bournemouth are a step above the others and we do not want to go a couple of goals behind!

Jim©

The reason ream found himself out wide so often was that Robinson was out of position upfield so often. He's got to cover there (ream) regardless. To balance it out, one good aspect of Robinsons game was that he won a lot of defensive headers in the box yesterday.

filham

I feel Bryan should be getting more game time but I suspect that Silva has decided we need Robinson's pace both in attack and defense.

Fulham 442

Yes I too thought it was strange Bryan wasn't at least on the bench, although he did travel with the team so guessing he was okay healthwise..

Whitestone

Tete was in the squad.  It would be unusual for a manager to have two full backs on the bench. Bryan was 19th man.

Finnans Right Peg

He should have moved odoi onto the left and brought tete on then .

Jim©

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on November 28, 2021, 12:01:31 PM
He should have moved odoi onto the left and brought tete on then .
Exactly what I would have done.