https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitrovic ‘not for sale,’ say Fulham

Started by paulbrookersmazydribbles, December 01, 2021, 09:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finnans Right Peg

The khans are not interested in becoming a selling club

filham

Good to know that we do not intend to sell Mitro but of course the real test for both club and player would be a £40m, £100k per week offer on the table from Spurs or the like.

Bill2

He is already being paid £100k per week and I am not Sure Spurs would want to pay higher you know what Levy is like. More likely to Go for Fab.

WindyCity

While this may give some measure of comfort to FFC fans and especially those that are big fans of Mitrovic, to flatly take off the table ANY player and refuse to look at/listen to possible offers is a mistake.  Ownership should always be looking to improve their club.  Nobody on any professional sports team is "untouchable".  If moving Mitrovic can improve FFC then it has to be considered if not executed.  JMHO

filham

Quote from: WindyCity on December 02, 2021, 03:56:11 PM
While this may give some measure of comfort to FFC fans and especially those that are big fans of Mitrovic, to flatly take off the table ANY player and refuse to look at/listen to possible offers is a mistake.  Ownership should always be looking to improve their club.  Nobody on any professional sports team is "untouchable".  If moving Mitrovic can improve FFC then it has to be considered if not executed.  JMHO
How could we improve on Mitchel. Whenever we sell a top player a good replacement is always years away.

paulbrookersmazydribbles

I'd agree with the general principle - but the notion that selling Mitrovic would improve Fulham is fanciful. Our best bet of getting back to the Premier League is keeping him and I think our best chance of staying there would be to construct a side around him.

Sting of the North

If course they would consider it if an offer was high enough. What they say publicly means nothing in that regard. But they can say it because no one is likely to table a bid substantial enough for FFC to consider at this time.

Vuk1

It's an interesting situation - striking a deal while the offers are hot or going all in for a definite promotion back to the EPL.... I agree though, no one anywhere is untouchable...

WestSussexWhite

I imagine it would take an offer quite a long way north of 60million for us to even contemplate it, promotion is worth 120 million and therefore we can't really afford to let him go

Twig

If selling Mitro could improve the team then fine. BUT IT WON'T.

If we could get north of £100m then fine. BUT WE WON'T.

So basically he's going nowhere.

Marcel_Gecov

The players wishes also factor into this and his own agent is telling clubs he isnt interested apparently. Doesn't matter at that point what happens, I think he is with us for a minimum of 18-24 months more yet.