more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff - 02/12/21...

Started by WhiteJC, December 02, 2021, 12:02:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

#FULBOU: The Rutzler View

The Athletic's Peter Rutzler spent a year reporting on AFC Bournemouth before moving across to cover Fulham in 2020. Attending every press conference and match, who better to provide a journalistic take on Friday's eagerly anticipated top of the table clash?

You were Bournemouth's reporter for The Athletic in the 2019/20 season – not the best season for the club, but how did you find the experience?

I really enjoyed it, although it was a truly unique year to be a reporter, particularly with everything that happened in 2020. It certainly tested my creativity during the long period of time without football! But I enjoyed covering Bournemouth, it is a really unique club, set in the heart of the community with a really fascinating story to tell. It is also a really nice part of the world, and I certainly made use of the beach! But you are right, it wasn't the best season at the club in the end. I rocked up and oversaw the end of an extraordinary era; the local lad who captained the team, then saved them from extinction as a rookie coach, before carrying them to the Premier League... it's hard to get closer to a football fairytale than that. But I arrived, saw the team relegated amid a pandemic and that legendary figure, Eddie Howe, departed, without fans in the ground. If you were superstitious, you would probably put two and two together...

How do you respond to suggestions that you're cursed, after Fulham were also relegated in your first season's coverage?

I mean, I don't really have a leg to stand on to be honest. The facts speak for themselves. All I'll say is that Fulham now have more points this year than any of the three teams that were relegated last year. So I'm safe this time around. On the relegation front anyway...

Having covered Bournemouth as closely as you did for a year, do you still keep an eye on them?

Yes absolutely. I met some great people on the south coast and I'm still in touch with them, while I'm intrigued to see how their squad fare in the Championship. They were unlucky last year and it just felt like they had the wrong manager in charge. The talent is there for a promotion push, and we are seeing that now.

It is also impossible to ignore Bournemouth with a Fulham hat on, following Scott Parker's 'reverse Rutzler' in the summer. I think a lot of Fulham fans are intrigued to see how he gets on in a different setup. So far, it's going pretty well.

What have you made of them this season?

I think Bournemouth have confounded expectations. Parker inherited a good squad but it was one with some holes that needed filling, particularly following the departure of Arnaut Danjuma to Villarreal. But they started the season so strongly, securing the club's best ever start to a league campaign, and it doesn't get much better than that really. It is clear that they have already adapted to the way Parker wants the team to play, pressing very high and playing with a high intensity. They have made some astute additions as well, including Gary Cahill, who has solidified their back line, and Ryan Christie, who brings flair in attack. It has been impressive, too, how young players Jaidon Anthony and Jordan Zemura have stepped into the first team fold.

They have, though, hit a bit of a rough patch of late, hindered by injuries. How they respond to that could be interesting. And no doubt what happens at Craven Cottage on Friday will have a big bearing too.

Are you enjoying covering Fulham?

I'm really enjoying it. Everyone has been exceptionally welcoming and I've been able to write some really interesting pieces. Like Bournemouth, Fulham have such a fascinating story, and they are another club who have punched above their weight and hit some extraordinary heights in the recent past. It's a privilege to tell some of that, and keep fans up to date with the next chapter.

This season has been particularly enjoyable. Not just because Fulham are evidently a cut above in the division, and are probably on course to score more goals than I've seen in the last two campaigns put together, but because I've been able to conduct some interviews and press conferences in person, as well as to see Craven Cottage rocking with fans in. That's made a big difference.

How would you compare Fulham's style of play under Marco Silva, to how we played under Scott Parker?

They are very different. I have to say, I have only watched Fulham closely under Parker while they were in the Premier League, so it is difficult to make first-hand comparisons to the Championship season two years ago. But even so, there is a notable change in approach under Silva, even to the promotion year two years ago. The formation is the same (as 2019/20) but there is a more attacking edge to the team, I would say. Parker's sides were good at controlling games whereas Silva's perhaps takes more risks in attack. The team is built to create chances, particularly with Jean Michaël Seri at the base of midfield and creative players in front of him, too. There is also a relentlessness to the team; they are never satisfied with a narrow lead. It's tricky to compare to last year as Fulham were often the underdogs in matches. In the Premier League, Parker changed Fulham's style to playing more on the counter-attack and it nearly got the results needed to stay up. But certainly, there are big differences not just to last year but previous Parker sides too.

How have you found Marco to deal with in press conferences?

Hopefully Marco won't be sick of the sight of me by the end of the season! He's been great to deal with and it has been nice to do a few pressers in person again this season. He always answers questions directly, and will always say when he can't do so and explains why. We like to do a few tactical pieces at The Athletic as well, and his post-game summaries will always touch on the intricacies of where games are won and lost. That's a big help.

What are you expecting from Friday night's game?

A really intense game of football. There is a lot of hype around the game, and not only because they are the top two teams in the division! I'm sure that will all raise the stakes. Plus, Parker has got Bournemouth running and whenever teams press Fulham, they normally up their intensity too and deploy some thrilling counter-attacks. It is a hard match to call, because Bournemouth have been so resolute defensively, and Fulham so exciting in attack. Injuries could be telling and late fitness calls, particularly for Bournemouth, could have a bearing. Both teams are coming off the back of a slight dip in form, although Fulham are unbeaten. I'd expect the Whites to win out, but I'm hoping for a thriller.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/december/01/fulbou-the-rutzler-view/

WhiteJC

How is Maxime Le Marchand faring right now since his Fulham exit?

Maxime Le Marchand is a player that isn't exactly fondly remembered by the Fulham faithful at Craven Cottage.

The Frenchman was originally signed by the West London side back in 2018 from Nice and was viewed as a player who could fit in well to the possession based style of play that had been instilled in the squad under the club's then manager, Slaviša Jokanović.

However the defender's first season with the Whites proved to be a disaster as they went through three separate managers on their way to being relegated after finishing second bottom of the Premier League, conceding a whopping 81 goals in the process.

As a result of this Le Marchand became a scapegoat to some extent amongst the Fulham fans, with his performances having fallen way below the expectations that the club had when they brought him over from France.

After appearing sparingly for the club over the course of the next few seasons, the centre back was shipped back to the continent on loan to Belgian side Royal Antwerp in February of this year in order to get his game time up.

However after making just 10 appearances for the Jupiler Pro League side, the defender made his return to Craven Cottage over the summer.

It was then over the course of that period that his nightmarish spell with Fulham came to an end as French side Strasbourg parted with an undisclosed fee in order to bring Le Marchand back to his homeland.

The defender has since taken in eight appearances in Ligue 1 and is now seeking to rebuild his reputation after a stint to forget on English shores.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/how-is-maxime-le-marchand-faring-right-now-since-his-fulham-exit/

WhiteJC

Games for the weekend 3/12
Is this the biggest game of the season so far? we welcome Bournemouth for a Friday evening game to the Cottage.
So a top of the table clash against a former manger who alienated some (most?) of the current squad, should be a good game.
Surprisingly since we leap-frogged Bournemouth to go top, both teams could only manage draws, the Baggies have also had a bit of a dip with QPR overtaking them in 3rd place.
Currently we're still a point above Bournemouth however with a goal difference of +33 to their +20 a win on Friday would see us 4 points and (at least) 15 goals ahead of them.
Whilst it's far too early in the season to say that this is "the" Championship decider, a victory would give a real boost to either team.

If it wasn't for the illness effecting the Fulham squad, unconfirmed rumours are that its norovirus which, while unpleasant and highly contagious, usually only lasts a couple of days, there might a slight concern about our drop in form.
Bournemouth have recently suffered a couple of losses, after a long unbeaten run, and the last 2 games had 2 draws. In the last game against Coventry they were 2-0 up in the 85 minute only to finish 2-2 with the equalised coming on 90+5, Lerma's sending off probably had a big part in that result? I think most of us can remember Scott Parker's tactic of "holding on" once you've gone ahead, I'm guessing it backfired yet again?

Fulham WWWDD
Bournemouth LWLDD

One player who I'm certain will be "up for it" this game will be Mitro', we've no idea of what happened between him and Parker last season but I think Mitro' will want to show his former gaffer how much of a mistake Parker made?

Our record against Bournemouth isn't very good with 3 losses and 1 win however I think Mitro and one or two other players may have a point to prove?

my team against Bournemouth, assuming all fit, would be...

COYW's

Games of Interest...

Friday 3rd

Fulham v Bournemouth

Saturday 4th
Coventry v West Brom
Millwall v Birmingham City

Sunday 5th
QPR v Stoke

come on over to the forum and join in the discussion...
https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?board=36.0

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/wordpress/?p=1870

WhiteJC

Chris Mepham: Fulham's Harry Wilson is one of my best mates

CHRIS Mepham admitted he was "surprised" to see close mate Harry Wilson still plying his trade in the Championship, as the pair prepare to go head-to-head on Friday night.

Former Cherries star Wilson currently sits top of the table with Fulham, one point ahead of Wales teammate Mepham's side.

But the lead could change hands again, if Scott Parker's men can pull off victory at Craven Cottage, against his former employers.

Wilson, 24, made 35 appearances for Cherries during a season on loan from Liverpool in the 2019-20 campaign.

While he could not prevent Eddie Howe's side from suffering relegation, the Wrexham-born talent did notch seven Premier League goals.

But Wilson has since spent the majority of his time in the second tier, a season on loan at Cardiff before joining Fulham on a permanent deal for £12million over the summer.

Wilson has been a key part of Marco Silva's side so far this campaign, scoring six goals in 16 appearances.

Cherries centre-back Mepham, who competed at Euro 2020 with Wilson during the summer, told the Daily Echo: "I'm really close to him. He's probably one of my best mates, definitely in football, but even outside of football. Someone that I'm really close to.

"But certainly on Friday there will be no friendship on the pitch, I'll make sure he knows that!

"He's started the season really well, contributing to a lot of assists for (Aleksandar) Mitrovic and certainly settled in really well.

"And it's not a surprise because he's a top player.

"I'm sure everyone saw that here and he's someone that will have a very good career going forward I'm sure."

Asked if he was surprised that Wilson was not still in the Premier League, Mepham added: "Yeah, I am surprised. Certainly looking at the impact he had at times at Bournemouth, I remember him coming off the bench at Spurs away, scoring two goals and he's got that quality to do that.

"I think the important thing for him, and certainly his girlfriend, was just having a base rather than going on loan here, there and everywhere.

"It was important he sort of settled in somewhere and could see it as somewhere to be at home.

"They're obviously a team that's going to be competing at the top of the league this year so I'm sure that's his aim."

Wilson scored for Cardiff to earn them a 1-1 draw against Cherries last season.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/19754165.chris-mepham-fulhams-harry-wilson-one-best-mates/

WhiteJC

Fulham's Tony Khan delivers his verdict on Marco Silva

Fulham have responded tremendously well to dropping down a division and are currently operating at the Championship summit.

The Cottagers find themselves a point above Bournemouth in second, and eight points ahead of West London rivals QPR.

Marco Silva's side have netted 49 times in just 20 league games thus far, which is 13 more than any other team in the division, whilst no other team in the division have conceded fewer.

One key change from the summer was the Cottagers bringing in Silva to replace Scott Parker, with Fulham's vice-chairman speaking about the impact that the Portuguese manager has made at Craven Cottage.

"Marco Silva has been a phenomenal head coach for us," Tony Khan told Grant Wahl's Futbol podcast.

"He's come in with a coaching staff and a philosophy. I've really enjoyed working with him. We've been doing Zooms on transfers, talking and texting all the time.

"The command of the squad he has is phenomenal. He is a huge acquisition for Fulham."

The verdict

Fulham have been unplayable at times this season and have been a class above the majority of teams they have come across this season.

Silva does have some excellent options at his disposal but he has to take a lot of credit in the way he sets his team up and how he has instilled belief back into the side after a relegation.

It makes things even better when there is harmony and a close relationship between the on-field and off-field staff, which is seemingly the situation at Craven Cottage right now.

Fulham will be aware that there is still a large chunk of this season to go, but they will be confident that they can secure Premier League football once again.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulhams-tony-khan-delivers-his-verdict-on-marco-silva/

WhiteJC

What is Fabio Carvalho's current transfer situation at Fulham amid Chelsea, Liverpool links?
Fulham's Fabio Carvalho has established himself as one of the brightest talents in the EFL, but the 19-year-old could face a contested January.

Carvalho burst into the scene towards the end of the last Premier League season. And he carried on his form into this campaign having scored four goals in his 10 Championship appearance so far, but the Englishman is out of contract at the end of this campaign.

He's rejected multiple contract offers from the club and looks as though he could be on the move in the near future – here we break down Carvalho's Fulham transfer situation...

Which clubs have been linked with Carvalho so far?
Several of Europe's top clubs have so far been linked with Carvalho – both Barcelona and Real Madrid have been linked, with more recent links to both Chelsea and Liverpool emerging.

Has there been a price tag mentioned?
No price tag has been mentioned, but given his contract situation and also his age it could mean that Carvalho won't cost as much as some of Europe's other top talents.

Transfermarkt currently value the Fulham man at £1.15million.

What has Marco Silva said about Carvalho's Fulham future?
Fulham boss Marco Silva has not been afraid to have his say on Carvalho's future at the club. He told West London Sport earlier in the campaign:

"I'd like to see a talent like Fabio's with calmness, and not with these rumours around a 19-year-old, because that's not helpful for him, for sure.

"We have so many examples of this type of thing that happen in the wrong way, and players that disappear."

"I would not like to see more months and months until the end of the season. But it's not something that's in our hands, and not just Fabio's, but somebody getting behind him, and I can't control it.

"I (hope) people who are advising him don't want to get just one shot; one contract and that will be the career of the player.

"He knows my position for him, not just for the club, but as a football player, and now I'm focused on him on the pitch, because the other things I cannot control."

Carvalho seems to have the world at his feet. He's shown in his Championship appearances this season that he's definitely one of the best up and coming talents, arguably in the country, and Fulham will no doubt be desperate for him to extend his stay at the club.

But for the player, having names such as Real Madrid and Barca, and Liverpool and Chelsea being linked will obviously be appealing and should Fulham not be able to agree a new deal, a January sale might then become their best option.

https://the72.co.uk/256651/what-is-fabio-carvalhos-current-transfer-situation-at-fulham-amid-chelsea-liverpool-links/

WhiteJC

Burnley Interested In January Swoop For Fulham Target

Burnley are interested in a January swoop for Angers midfielder Angelo Fulgini, who is also being tracked by Championship side Fulham.

The Clarets have had a tough start to their Premier League campaign and are currently struggling in the relegation spots.

Burnley boss Sean Dyche is keen on bolstering his squad in the upcoming winter transfer window as he looks to keep his team afloat in the top flight.

According to French outlet Foot Mercato, the Lancashire side have zeroed in on Angers midfielder Fulgini.

The 25-year-old was linked with an exit from the Ligue 1 side in the summer but no move materialised and Burnley are now willing to provide him a pathway to England.

However, Dyche's side are not Fulgini's only admirers as Championship outfit Fulham have also been keeping close tabs on him

Burnley though want to take Fulgini to Turf Moor in January and are ready to offer Angers €15m for his signature.

Les Scoistes are in a difficult financial situation at the moment and could be open to an injection of cash as fee for Fulgini if they can strike a deal with Burnley.

https://insidefutbol.com/2021/12/01/burnley-interested-in-january-swoop-for-fulham-target/538797/

WhiteJC

AFC Bournemouth could be without NINE players for Fulham trip

CHERRIES could be without nine first-team players for Friday's top-of-the-table clash at Fulham.

The Cottagers are currently one point ahead of Cherries after 20 matches.

The two sides go head-to-head, live on Sky Sports, on Friday evening with Cherries boss Scott Parker returning to face his former club.

But his squad is still set to be stretched, as it has been in recent weeks.

Lloyd Kelly (quad), Gary Cahill (ribs), Adam Smith (knee), Robbie Brady (knock), Jordan Zemura (ankle), Ben Pearson (ankle), Junior Stanislas (hamstring) and David Brooks (illness) all missed Saturday's 2-2 draw with Coventry City.

Jefferson Lerma was sent off against the Sky Blues, meaning he will now serve a one-match suspension.

Asked if any players who missed the draw with Coventry will be available for the trip to Craven Cottage, Parker said: "Doubtful. I suppose it just depends on how tomorrow goes.

"There's a couple I could make a late call on and we'll have to see how that is tomorrow really.

"Robbie Brady, Adam Smith are back training, albeit only a couple of days really.

"So other than that, we are where we have been. No denying that we've been crippled a little bit over the last four or five weeks with some big injuries, a lot of players injured.

"So I'm hoping over the coming weeks we'll have a few more back to obviously strengthen us a little bit and give us a bit more depth.

"As we speak at the moment, we are where we are, managing the situation."

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/19755159.afc-bournemouth-without-nine-players-fulham-trip/

WhiteJC

Burnley join Fulham in race to sign Angelo Fulgini
Burnley have joined Fulham in the race to sign Angers' Angelo Fulgini.

Reports coming out of Europe (via Inside Futbol) have linked Burnley with Angers midfielder Fulgini.

The 25-year-old has recently been in British headlines after The Sun linked Fulham with an £18million move for the Frenchman.

Fulham see Fulgini as a potential replacement for Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa who looks set to either make his loan move to Napoli permanent, or join up with Crystal Palace.

But now Premier League strugglers Burnley are weighing up a move for Fulgini and it'll surely come as a blow to Fulham – Sean Dyche's Burnley currently sit in the relegation places of the Premier League table, but they'll remain an attractive option for Fulgini who The Sun says is keen to play in England.

Marco Silva's Fulham meanwhile sit top of the Championship table. They've taken 43 points from their opening 20 games of the campaign and have scored an impressive 49 goals along the way.

January then will be a pivotal month for the Whites if they're to secure an immediate return to the Premier League and Fulgini could be a really keen signing.

Fulham on the up
Burnley have been loitering in the lower ends of the Premier League for the past few seasons and now look as though they could be heading back down into the Football League.

Fulham though, despite having toyed between the Premier League and Championship look to be on a more positive track under Silva and should they achieve promotion then fans will expect a much better showing in the top flight than in recent seasons.

For Fulgini then, Fulham could yet prove the more attractive option. But it'll surely come down to a question of money, and who could offer the midfielder more in the coming transfer windows.

https://the72.co.uk/256669/burnley-join-fulham-in-race-to-sign-angelo-fulgini/

WhiteJC

Reed relishing Bournemouth battle

Harrison Reed can't wait for Friday night when Fulham take on Bournemouth at Craven Cottage in a clash of the Championship's top two.

The former Southampton midfielder insisted that Scott Parker had done a good job at Fulham and been a key part in bringing him to the club, but admits the fixture will have an extra edge. Reed told FFCTV this afternoon that he is almost fully recovered from the bug that had hit him hard over the last week or so. It is a measure of Reed's commitment to the cause that he started both games despite feeling seriously under the weather:

"Getting there. It's been a tough week – I think for the whole squad, to be honest. After the Barnsley game, a few players came down with it and it seemed to spread throughout the team. We had to try and do what we had to do last week and we came away with two points and the teams around us matched us, so we got away with it a little bit.

Reed admitted the squad were disappointed to drop points at Preston North End last weekend and reiterated that he felt the North End equaliser should have been ruled out:

"Yeah, it does. It was clear on the pitch to a few of the players, I didn't quite see it. It was handball. A few of the boys tried to speak to the ref but he wasn't open to changing his decision. Our performance in the second half wasn't at our best. To come away with a point from a tough place to go, we'll take and go into Friday."

He is now fully focused on the tough task presented by the Cherries, who will be eager to reclaim top spot with a win on Friday.

"It's set up to be a great game. It's been us two at the top throughout the whole season. We've pulled away a little bit from third. We need to pull away from second now. We need to keep pushing, work hard this week and put in a good performance on Friday night. Night games are the best, especially at home. We seem to perform really well, the results always seem to be good. We can't wait to get going. It's going to be a special atmosphere. The fans this season have been top drawer. Every home and away game they've been heard and I expect the same on Friday night, with a little bit of extra edge."

Reed also revealed how incoming Fulham head coach Marco Silva has reshaped his own role having replaced Parker during the summer.

"I'm a little bit more advanced. It's something we spoke about earlier in the season when I was actually injured. We had a couple of meetings and he spoke to me about positions and how he sees me fitting in the team: it was slightly more advanced, more box-to-box role. It was something I was really happy to hear and its over to me to try and add more goals and assists at the other end of the pitch."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/12/reed-relishing-bournemouth-battle/

WhiteJC

Bournemouth Sold Out

Tickets for Fulham's clash with Bournemouth on Friday evening are now sold out!

No tickets will be available on the night. We look forward to welcoming supporters to Craven Cottage and thank you, as always, for your fantastic support.

Matchday Hospitality Available

The only way to secure your seat for Friday's match is with Matchday Hospitality.

A limited number remain available to buy, with prices starting from £140 (+VAT) per person.

Packages can be purchased by emailing [email protected] or calling 020 8336 7555. More information on our packages can be found here.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/december/01/bournemouth-sold-out/

WhiteJC

Scott Parker on why Fulham's success 'doesn't surprise' him and the threat of Aleksandar Mitrovic

The Cherries boss also spoke about the threat Aleksandar Mitrovic could pose his team

Ahead of his return to Craven Cottage on Friday, Scott Parker insists he hasn't been 'surprised' by Fulham's start to the season.

Marco Silva's side sit top of the table, one point above Bournemouth and boasting the league's best goal difference of +33. Speaking on Wednesday, Parker praised his former club, having left in the summer under acrimonious circumstances. It signalled the end of a six year spell as player and coach.

"Look, they are a very good side," said the now Cherries boss. "I think we all see that. It is a side that you probably wouldn't expect anything less from.

"Technically a very good team, a strong side, goals in their team and a group of players that have navigated themselves out of this division numerous times. So it doesn't surprise me one bit. In saying that, we are a point off them and we've done incredibly well. Friday night is a massive game for both teams and a real good one at this point in the season."

Parker was also asked about the goalscoring exploits of his former player Aleksandar Mitrovic, who is the Championship's runaway leader. The Serbian has scored 21 times this season, and is five clear of second place and six clear of Dominic Solanke, who sits in third.

While at Fulham, Parker and Mitrovic's endured an up and down relationship, with the pair reportedly clashing towards the end. Having proved a productive pairing in their first full season together, general goodwill all but dissipated the following year.

The season Parker led Fulham to promotion, the forward finished as the Championship's top scorer with 26 goals. But upon returning to the Premier League, one source told DorsetLive in the summer that Parker grew frustrated with the intensity Mitrovic would press with, especially from the front and his overall attitude. Mitrovic, meanwhile, had serious reservations about Parker as a Premier League manager.

The pair's relationship remained fractured until Parker's exit, with both having limited contact for the rest of the season.

Ahead of a potential reunion, Parker believes Fulham's attacking danger comes from various areas on the pitch, rather just having a reliance on the 27-year-old.

"I think there's threats all over the pitch. Obviously Mitrovic has scored goals at this level and again this season in half the games, has got some numbers. But I think it is fair to say their threat is from set plays and of course all over the pitch, where there is a goal threat there."

https://www.dorset.live/sport/uk-sports-news/scott-parker-fulhams-success-doesnt-6288552

WhiteJC

EXCLUSIVE: Fulham's stance clear after fielding Aleksandar Mitrovic enquiries

TEAMtalk understands Fulham have told a host of European clubs that they will not be entertaining any offers for talismanic frontman Aleksandar Mitrovic.

Mitrovic is enjoying a sterling campaign with the Championship promotion favourites. He has helped himself to 21 goals in 19 league appearances so far and that has plenty of clubs taking note of the 27-year-old. He also scored the crucial goal for Serbia as they beat Portugal to seal their place at the World Cup finals in Qatar.

According to Fichajes, Mitrovic is attracting the attention of LaLiga outfit Villarreal. And talk of a €16m offer to tempt Fulham into parting ways with their talisman in the winter window has been mentioned.

TEAMtalk understands some of Europe's biggest clubs have enquired about Mitrovic's availability, both for January and in the summer.

Juventus, Fiorentina, Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid, Nice and Lille are amongst the clubs to make enquiries. But the answer from Fukham has been simple. They have been told that there is no price tag on Mitrovic.

Fulham are intent on keeping their star man in the hope that he can guide them back into the Premier League.

We also understand that Mitrovic's representatives have turned down approaches from intermediaries, underlining just how happy the former Newcastle United man is in London.

Mitrovic only signed a new five-year deal in August this year, which confirmed him as the highest paid played in the Championship.

Marco Silva highlighted the striker's value to the Cottagers after he netted a hat-trick in October's 3-0 win over West Brom.

£16m Mitrovic rejected in summer

Silva said: "Strikers that score 18 goals in 15 games, I think the numbers are there. They speak for themselves.

"Of course a striker cannot win games alone. But if you have a striker who has this capacity to score goals, we should keep creating for him.

"When a striker is scoring and scoring, I don't need to speak to him. His job is done, I have to work on other things with him because his confidence is high."

Mitrovic was intent on leaving the club in the summer. In fact Fulham have rejected a £16m bid from Russian side Dynamo Moscow for the striker, as per The Athletic.

The former Anderlecht man was unhappy after making just 13 Premier League starts for Scott Parker's men. He scored just three times as Parker's charges were relegated. But the departure of Parker at the end of June for Bournemouth saw Mitrovic have a change of heart.

https://www.teamtalk.com/fulham/exclusive-fulhams-stance-clear-after-fielding-aleksandar-mitrovic-enquiries

WhiteJC

Mitrovic 'not for sale,' say Fulham

Fulham have insisted Aleksandar Mitrovic is not for sale after a number of European clubs expressed interest in signing the in-form striker in January.

Mitrovic has scored an extraordinary 21 Championship goals in eighteen league appearances and established himself as a key part of Marco Silva's side having been ostracised by former manager Scott Parker last season. The 27 year-old, who also headed Serbia's last minute winner in Portugal to send his country to the World Cup finals, was linked with a move to Villarreal last month whilst Teamtalk reports that Juventus, Fiorentina, Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid, Nice and Lille have made contact with Fulham about a potential transfer.

But the Fulham hierarchy have been unequivocal in their response – telling all parties that Mitrovic, who signed a new five-year contract at Craven Cottage in August, is unavailable for transfer. The club believe that their talisman will be vital in not only helping them return to the Premier League at the first time of asking but keeping the Whites back in the top flight. Mitrovic's agent has also rebuffed approaches from other clubs stressing how happy their client and his family are in London.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/12/mitrovic-not-for-sale-say-fulham/

WhiteJC

Marco Silva reiterates demands of Fulham squad

Fulham have been incredibly potent in front of goal this season, in terms of creating chances and sticking the ball away.

The Cottagers have scored a ridiculous 13 more goals than Bournemouth who have plundered the second most and are showing no signs of stopping as they prepare to host the Cherries on Friday evening.

Marco Silva had a reputation for playing attractive attacking football from his time in England with Hull City, Watford and Everton but not many expected his Fulham to be just as ruthless.

The Portuguese manager is keen for the Cottagers to continue to give no mercy to sides in the Championship and explained why when he spoke to The Athletic.

Silva said: "If the result is good for us at two or three (goals), why stop? Why do something that is not in our philosophy or in our idea? It's not in our DNA. In all the situations we have to keep doing the same things."

Fulham currently have an eight point cushion over Queens Park Rangers in third place but will have their sights set on the league title having needed the play-offs to earn promotion to the Premier League on the last two occasions.

The Verdict

Aleksandar Mitrovic needs just 11 more goals in the 26 remaining league matches to break Ivan Toney's record of 31 set last term. With Neeskens Kebano and Harry Wilson providing high quality chances with such regularity the Serbian looks sure to break that tally and drag the Cottagers towards the title.

It is not a surprise to see Silva's relentless mentality given how his reputation took a hit in his time with Everton. Along with many others in the squad, after difficult previous campaigns, they have put their best foot forward in this one with a point to prove. Jean-Michael Seri has been one of the classiest deep lying midfielders the Championship has ever seen and all eyes will be on Friday evening's crunch encounter where Fulham could pull away at the summit of the division.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/marco-silva-reiterates-demands-of-fulham-squad/

WhiteJC

Report: Bayern Munich scoping Fulham's Aleksandar Mitrovic

Is Bayern Munich already looking for a new striker?

According to a report from teamTALK, Bayern Munich is among the teams making inquiries to Fulham for striker Aleksandar Mitrovic:

TEAMtalk understands Fulham have told a host of European clubs that they will not be entertaining any offers for talismanic frontman Aleksandar Mitrovic.

According to Fichajes, Mitrovic is attracting the attention of LaLiga outfit Villarreal. And talk of a €16m offer to tempt Fulham into parting ways with their talisman in the winter window has been mentioned.

TEAMtalk understands some of Europe's biggest clubs have enquired about Mitrovic's availability, both for January and in the summer. Juventus, Fiorentina, Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid, Nice and Lille are amongst the clubs to make enquiries. But the answer from Fulham has been simple. They have been told that there is no price tag on Mitrovic.

Fulham are intent on keeping their star man in the hope that he can guide them back into the Premier League. We also understand that Mitrovic's representatives have turned down approaches from intermediaries, underlining just how happy the former Newcastle United man is in London.

At 27-years-old, Mitrovic is ripping up The Championship with 21 goals and five assists in 19 games across all competitions, but would seem to be an ill-fit for Bayern Munich unless Robert Lewandowski was leaving during the summer — which seems doubtful as of now.

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2021/12/2/22812757/bayern-munich-fulham-aleksandar-mitrovic-lewandowski

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: whitejc on December 02, 2021, 12:07:58 AM
Fulham's Tony Khan delivers his verdict on Marco Silva

Fulham have responded tremendously well to dropping down a division and are currently operating at the Championship summit.

The Cottagers find themselves a point above Bournemouth in second, and eight points ahead of West London rivals QPR.

Marco Silva's side have netted 49 times in just 20 league games thus far, which is 13 more than any other team in the division, whilst no other team in the division have conceded fewer.

One key change from the summer was the Cottagers bringing in Silva to replace Scott Parker, with Fulham's vice-chairman speaking about the impact that the Portuguese manager has made at Craven Cottage.

"Marco Silva has been a phenomenal head coach for us," Tony Khan told Grant Wahl's Futbol podcast.

"He's come in with a coaching staff and a philosophy. I've really enjoyed working with him. We've been doing Zooms on transfers, talking and texting all the time.

"The command of the squad he has is phenomenal. He is a huge acquisition for Fulham."

The verdict

Fulham have been unplayable at times this season and have been a class above the majority of teams they have come across this season.

Silva does have some excellent options at his disposal but he has to take a lot of credit in the way he sets his team up and how he has instilled belief back into the side after a relegation.

It makes things even better when there is harmony and a close relationship between the on-field and off-field staff, which is seemingly the situation at Craven Cottage right now.

Fulham will be aware that there is still a large chunk of this season to go, but they will be confident that they can secure Premier League football once again.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulhams-tony-khan-delivers-his-verdict-on-marco-silva/

Pointless interview
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

filham

The suggestion that Carvalho's transfer value is but £1.15m is surely unrealistic.
At that price we just don't sell in the January window but get a critical half a season out of him and let him go for free in the summer.
However with the interest being shown I would expect a bidding war to start in January which would send the price up way above £1.15m and we will have to accept. Sad he will be missed.