https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'm thinking Tom Cairney

Started by H4usuallysitting, December 03, 2021, 07:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Needs to start tonight..... it's his sort of game

We Are Premier League

Don't agree at all, Seri (especially after that article about last season) and Reed with his energy and work rate.

Woolly Mammoth

For me Cairney and Reed to start, however whoever is left out will be unlucky.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Whitestone

Seri and Reed will start. Can't drop Seri who has six assists to his name so far and I wouldn't want to start Cairney together with Seri because we need the tenaciousness of Reed.

bencher

I can see Cairney getting a late winner from outside the box

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Seri is better than Cairney so he should start with Reed.

Maidstone Lee

Seri & Reed to start with Cairney coming on second half I reckon.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Colton F.C.

Did not make the bench at Preston.  Must have been last to recover from virus.  Substitute at best.

Twig

Cairney and Reed for me with Seri coming off the bench. But I'll be happy with whoever Silva decides on. I think it may depend a bit on whether anyone has any lingering effects from the norovirus outbreak as we clearly need our eleven starters to be 100%.

Radiowhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 03, 2021, 08:06:35 AM
Why not seri?
He's the best of the three

ALG01

seri has been a stand out player this season but in his last two outtings you would never know. He was dreadful against derby and preston.
I am sure the manager will make the right choice but for me I would play tom and seri with reed in the team too if they are all 100% fit and healthy. But I suspect tom is not so will probablky be on the bench and I hope seri plays as well as he can rather than the sickness related poor efforts in the last two.

Bassey the warrior

As has been said Seri is the best of the three so should start with Reed, but Cairney will play a big role off the bench.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on December 03, 2021, 10:59:39 AM
As has been said Seri is the best of the three so should start with Cairney, but Cairney will play a big role off the bench.

This game will be a battle and I think we need Seri and Reed with cairney or Onomah off the bench. No need to play with a team that is unbeaten in 9/10.

Craven Mad

I think there're a few players (Rodak, Seri, Kebano, Mitro) who'll have a point to prove tonight against Parker, who didn't rate them when he was here. Hopefully we'll see all of them this eve.

I'd happily have Tom in the team too though - he's always class IMO.

Harrison will also be quite important tonight IMO, as Solanke drops quite deep for the ball right now (false 9 role), and I'd rather Reed was in there to break up that link (and stop our CBs from leaving gaps by chasing the striker away from goal).

Excited for tonight - a 6-pointer if there ever was one.

simplyfulham

Seri is a wonderful player but I don't feel like he can control a game quite like Tom can.

Cairney has an almost unique ability to pull the strings and bring other players into play. Seri can spot and play a pass as good as anyone in the division but Tom seems to be able to start moves that haven't even begun yet.

Would love to find a way to play both of them, otherwise I think it's a case of horses for courses and shifting them about ad the game needs.

grandad

Madness not to start Seri & Reed. Billings is a danger & it needs Reed to deal with  him. Cairney is not tenacious enough.
Where there's a will there's a wife

The Rational Fan

Cairney can start as he is marginally better than Seri, but he isn't as fit and playing 90 minutes is a long time so if TCs starts then Seri should substitute him sometime during in the second half when TC runs out of puff.

wback

Seri/Cairney isn't the choice - it's Cairney/Carvalho.

And for tonight, where I think we want to have as near to 100% of the ball as possible, it's Cairney for me, at least to start.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Radiowhite on December 03, 2021, 10:45:01 AM
Why not seri?
He's the best of the three

Nothing against Seri, we are lucky to have all three, nevertheless Seri's Achilles Heel is that he can be a little lightweight and is easily outmuscled in some games. So it's a bit horses for courses and for tonight's match I would start with Cairney and Reed, but if Seri starts then he will get my support but Cairney is the playmaker and put his foot on the ball, and creates and has vision, and Reed with his tenacity and work rates mean they compliment each other.
However I understand your point of view also.

I am thinking more about the balance of the team.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

This is the big decision for tonight ,which two from Seri,Cairney,Reed. The rest of the team picks itself.
Really it depends on who is 100% fit ,if all three are then I think I would start with Seri,& Reed and bring Cairney on in the 2nd half if things are not working well.