watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

That Boscombe

Started by H4usuallysitting, December 03, 2021, 11:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

They're not very good...are they.... only one team played football today......no wonder they're up there with the dirtiest team's in the league

Somerset Fulham

Bournemouth (obvs the Boscombe yawn comes in here) are without a doubt the only side that can compete with us in this division, and they did.

A good team that good a good result this evening in a really good game of football. Can't see any reason to knock them to be honest.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on December 04, 2021, 12:19:34 AM
Bournemouth (obvs the Boscombe yawn comes in here) are without a doubt the only side that can compete with us in this division, and they did.

A good team that good a good result this evening in a really good game of football. Can't see any reason to knock them to be honest.

They knew they'd be under it, set up defensively, defended like lions, and scored a brilliant training trick goal. I think 1-1 was fair enough even though a 2-1 win wouldn't have flattered us.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Sgt Fulham

We will win the league by a loving Mike. Mark my words. But we'll be relegated soon.

joemole

Thought Solanke was a terrific striker. Heard his name often with the under 21s but this is the first time I've seen him play. Looked like scoring whenever he had the ball and made both Odoi  and Tosin look bad several times.

rebel

They got 6 yellow cards, we got 3, but two were for 'stupid' things, if the match had gone on for longer, the whole Bournemouth team would have been booked.

Moltobueno

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on December 04, 2021, 12:22:56 AM
I think 1-1 was fair enough

0001.gif

We were all over them and deserved to win.

SG

Quote from: Moltobueno on December 04, 2021, 06:20:00 AM

0001.gif

Not sure how anybody who watched that game could say a draw was a fair result. We battered them and they defended as though their lives depended on it. Credit them for that but many of their yellows were for bad fouls breaking up play or breakaways. For that in my book they didn't deserve a thing

Jamie88

Quote from: SG on December 04, 2021, 07:30:36 AM

0001.gif

Not sure how anybody who watched that game could say a draw was a fair result. We battered them and they defended as though their lives depended on it. Credit them for that but many of their yellows were for bad fouls breaking up play or breakaways. For that in my book they didn't deserve a thing

Yep and expected goals backed that up, something like 3.10 to 0.70.....if you believe in xG that is

RaySmith

Quote from: SG on December 04, 2021, 07:30:36 AM

0001.gif

Not sure how anybody who watched that game could say a draw was a fair result. We battered them and Credit them for that but many of their yellows were for bad fouls breaking up play or breakaways. For that in my book they didn't deserve a thing

"they defended as though their lives depended on it. "

They certainly did it was like a lower division club playing a top div club in an old fashioned cup - tie  - they really wanted it.

This was a tough game for us, no doubt about it.  Salonke was on fire, and our defence did well to deal with him....... mostly.

Plus, they  really practised the dark arts, and got away with it -  Solanke's foul on  Wilson was as blatant a pen as  you could see.

But a cracking , competitive game for neutrals, i suppose, but  i was   having kittens for most of the second half, and thought they  might break and go two up, while we looked doomed to failure with our  many scoring attempts.

So well done the lads for the draw, they really battled for up, and didn't let their heads drop.
To be honest, it felt like a win at the end, because i thought we  were going to lose it.

Jamie88

To the OP, yes, they are a good team. That's why they're sitting right at the top with us, only one point separating.

SP

Two best teams in the Championship by a country mile IMO.

H4usuallysitting

Not going to explain again, why they're called Boscombe

H4usuallysitting

I think they're in the top 3 dirtiest team's in the league, another 6 yellow's last night.....will that be another fine for them

SP

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on December 04, 2021, 08:45:04 AM
I think they're in the top 3 dirtiest team's in the league, another 6 yellow's last night.....will that be another fine for them

I'm usually happy enough to have this ref but last night it seemed he was determined not to send anyone off. I wonder if the absence of VAR validation unsettles them?

ALG01

silva was the problem for us. he did not use the subs early enough and just allowed a big hole in the centre of our midfield. carvalho should have dropped deeper and more central and we would have shredded them and created way more chances. as it was everyone was way to wide and advanced and made it easy for them to stop us. I think the XGs were misleading. whilst we had a few chances they always had players in good blocking positions. they were lucky but we were naive and silva really has to do something about having a player occupying a proper central midfield role, there was a massive abscence all night long and the bournemouth style of pressing the keeper and sitting back meant the space was there... tom could have really exploited it but ws also sent way to far forward.

silva cost us 2 points IMO. we did well but not well enough!

MartyFFC

Some fantastic defending and some very well executed professional fouls, and great timewasting from 46 minutes onwards. It felt like we were playing a lower-league side managed by Neil Warnock

SP

Quote from: MartyFFC on December 04, 2021, 09:14:34 AM
Some fantastic defending and some very well executed professional fouls, and great timewasting from 46 minutes onwards. It felt like we were playing a lower-league side managed by Neil Warnock

Would hate to see a thug like Ben Pearson in a Fulham shirt.

LittleErn

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on December 04, 2021, 08:43:55 AM

Not going to explain again, why they're called Boscombe

Who cares?

Jim©

Quote from: ALG01 on December 04, 2021, 09:06:04 AM
silva was the problem for us. he did not use the subs early enough and just allowed a big hole in the centre of our midfield. carvalho should have dropped deeper and more central and we would have shredded them and created way more chances. as it was everyone was way to wide and advanced and made it easy for them to stop us. I think the XGs were misleading. whilst we had a few chances they always had players in good blocking positions. they were lucky but we were naive and silva really has to do something about having a player occupying a proper central midfield role, there was a massive abscence all night long and the bournemouth style of pressing the keeper and sitting back meant the space was there... tom could have really exploited it but ws also sent way to far forward.

silva cost us 2 points IMO. we did well but not well enough!

"we would have created way more chances"?! What, more than 24 against the team with the best defensive record in thr division?
We should have scored a hatful, so making chances not an issue.
How you can blame Silva for odoi and tosin switching off I'll never know, but surely give him credit for bringing on TC who's assist drew the game for us?