watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bringing away fan as guest

Started by Black and White Town, December 04, 2021, 09:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black and White Town

My brother in law and nephew are big Sheffield United fans. In previous seasons we've had a fun time watching the match together in the "neutral" section of the Putney end. I see this doesn't really exist any more, so I emailed the club, and got the rather dismissive reply: "Tickets purchased through Fulham FC are for home supporters only."

I get that on the whole they need to segregate the fans, but do you think they'll refuse entry if I get tickets and bring them anyway?

copthornemike

Simply any 'non away' supporters welcome (except when we play them) - just need to respect that it is neutral
I am sure that many attendees are lovers of football who just enjoy watching good football like last night

Dodgin

Just tell them not to wear opposition gear.

Hatch007

cookieg

Quote from: Hatch007 on December 04, 2021, 10:07:25 AM
Quote from: Dodgin on December 04, 2021, 10:00:58 AM
Just tell them not to wear opposition gear.
And not to cheer for Utd

Or cry too much when the 5th goal goes in.

MartyFFC

They'll just need to make sure their flat caps are left at home, and promise not to boot off and create a scene when they realise Yorkshire Tea isn't available at the concession stands

filham

Bring them along, I will be pleased to welcome them as guests , just make sure they behave reasonably.
From time to time we are all proud to welcome friends from other clubs to the Cottage.

In particular I love having my grandaughter and son in law at the Cottage, both strong Watford fans.

South Coast White

It's not a problem bringing a friend who is an opposition suppoter to a game, I've done it a few times.
What is a problem is if they become obvious to others by shouting or gesturing giving an indication to others who they are. In that case the chances of being ejected  from the ground are VERY high.

Bill2

Unfortunately away fans stick out like sore thumbs in home fan areas, they want to get up and shout except when Fulham score or come close and then they sit on their hands. Personally, while there is no neutral zone I won't get tickets for any away fans, especially if it is a game in high demand as it stops a Fulham fan getting the ticket.

Black and White Town

Thanks all. He's happy to keep it low key, so will leave the whippets and gravy at home!