https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bryan and Kebano

Started by Ruislip White, December 04, 2021, 10:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deeping_white

Quote from: Whitestone on December 04, 2021, 02:01:55 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on December 04, 2021, 12:03:32 PM
We missed Robinson yesterday IMO. Joe Bryan looked well off the pace and didnt get alot right. To be fair he hasnt played for a while but looked like the weak link in our back line.

We missed Robinson and Tete yesterday. I believe Robinson was unwell which is fair enough and Bryan hasn't played for a while, which showed in his performance. It baffles me why Tete hasn't started the last two games. There maybe reasons but it certainly can't be on ability. He is easily one of the best right backs in the division, probably the best actually.

I think they're just being cautious with his workload because he did tear his hamstring and we need him fit for the long run with more than half the season to go

WolverineFFC

Quote from: The Cravenette on December 04, 2021, 12:09:21 PM
We missed Robinson yesterday IMO. Joe Bryan looked well off the pace and didnt get alot right. To be fair he hasnt played for a while but looked like the weak link in our back line.
Have to agree with this. I love Joe but his  quality crosses were not really there and his lack of pace compared to Jedi was clear to see.

JB looked real rusty. Seemed to improve as the match went on though. His cross to BDR was excellent.

I am not sure the intention was to do a lot of overlapping last night. Seemed was more about Reed and Carvalho getting in the channels.

I like Joe and think he should get more games. Both because he is a good player and because lowering AR's workload over the full season would be wise. He is doing a lot of minutes with both Fulham and the international team.

bobbo

Quote from: Deeping_white on December 04, 2021, 02:03:54 PM
Quote from: Whitestone on December 04, 2021, 02:01:55 PM

We missed Robinson and Tete yesterday. I believe Robinson was unwell which is fair enough and Bryan hasn't played for a while, which showed in his performance. It baffles me why Tete hasn't started the last two games. There maybe reasons but it certainly can't be on ability. He is easily one of the best right backs in the division, probably the best actually.

I think they're just being cautious with his workload because he did tear his hamstring and we need him fit for the long run with more than half the season to go
i hope your assessment there is right but I'm not sure , ofallthe games for hem to be on the bench , last night I was expecting him to play . Having said that Dennis had a really decent game.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Denver Fulham

I think the issue is more "you can't play Bryan with Odoi, because neither are particularly ambitious with overlaps." We can have one wing be less ambitious, but not both.

I don't understand why Odoi is starting ahead of Tete. I like Denis, but that's not particularly close for me.

WindyCity

Quote from: Arthur on December 04, 2021, 11:03:06 AM
Joe was fine.  But I don't think his presence was the reason Kebano played as well as he did. That seems wishful thinking.  Joe's performance didn't stand out as being better than Robinson would likely have performed, in my opinion.

Agreed.  I thought Kebano was terrific.  B'mouth couldn't guard him.  Had nothing to do with Bryans' play or anybody else's.  I thought Bryan had a good game, but nothing spectacular or special about it.

Luka

Joe had a slow start but got better as his minutes increased.
All in all I thought he had a good game.

colinwhite

Agree . We effectively played all game without much of an attacking threat from our full-backs.Dennis played well to be fair but int an attacking threat most of the time.

perry geyton

I thought joe was very average yesterday other then that one lovely ball he whipped in