watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bournemouth

Started by RufusBrevettatemyhamster, December 04, 2021, 12:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

For me, they aren't the second best team in the league. They gave us a game, but that was only due to the fact Parker resorted to type and sat everyone behind the ball once they score. Coventry were, in my opinion, a better footballing side. Even Derby. At least they tried to score.
We absolutely battered Bournemouth pretty much constantly. They scored a cheeky goal (according to sky it was perfect in everyway) because we hadn't left the changing room.
Their only goal threat is Solanke. I give credit where its due, and he's a cracking player, but there wasn't any real threat from anywhere else in the team.

The result annoyed me more than it probably should have. I dont think it was fair, but it clearly wasn't our day. I'm hoping that their players will know they've been in a match and will drop in form now because they don't deserve to be in the frame for promotion.

This is my opinion...

MartyFFC

SP

Their recent form has been patchy, still a long way to go.

FFC1987

They played away from home, against one of the best teams in the league. Created numerous chances, held onto a lead for a majority of a half and always felt dangerous when in final third.

They looked just as good if not better in stages of the match. I'd be surprised if they aren't winning this league or close to us if we do. They did some distasteful things like winding the clock down after 60 minutes but again, they played the best team in the league away from home. Its not surprising. Before we start slagging other teams off, we need to determine and overcome our own shortcomings. We look vulnerable and aren't on a good run.

H4usuallysitting

You're correct, they're not.... I think in the fair play league - Boscombe are third from bottom (possibly second after 6 yellow's last night).... Very dirty side

Deeping_white

Quote from: FFC1987 on December 04, 2021, 01:35:54 PM
They played away from home, against one of the best teams in the league. Created numerous chances, held onto a lead for a majority of a half and always felt dangerous when in final third.

They looked just as good if not better in stages of the match. I'd be surprised if they aren't winning this league or close to us if we do. They did some distasteful things like winding the clock down after 60 minutes but again, they played the best team in the league away from home. Its not surprising. Before we start slagging other teams off, we need to determine and overcome our own shortcomings. We look vulnerable and aren't on a good run.

Unbeaten in 10 and drew our last two games prior to the Bournemouth game with a squad depleted by illness? Hardly a bad run now is it

FFC1987

Quote from: Deeping_white on December 04, 2021, 01:41:28 PM

Unbeaten in 10 and drew our last two games prior to the Bournemouth game with a squad depleted by illness? Hardly a bad run now is it

Im looking at Derby, Preston and Bournemouth. All draws, all ok performances, but only draws. Only two goals from them as well considering 2 were at home and 2 against sides not really doing too well. Bournemouth even have 3 draws, a loss and a win in last 5.

So yeh, not saying its disastrous, but its not good form is it.

Deeping_white

Quote from: FFC1987 on December 04, 2021, 01:45:52 PM

Im looking at Derby, Preston and Bournemouth. All draws, all ok performances, but only draws. Only two goals from them as well considering 2 were at home and 2 against sides not really doing too well. Bournemouth even have 3 draws, a loss and a win in last 5.

But that's missing the point that we weren't at full strength because we started with 4/5 unwell players in both those games. If they were all fully fit then fair enough, but the fact that almost half the starting XI were physically unwell means that it's not as clear cut as that

Porthogs FC

I personally believe and like to follow expected goals for and goals against to understand how we played. Refereeing aside, we crushed them. We've outperformed our expected goals for this season, so there was always going to be a catch up game or two where we "aren't clinical enough". We dominated this game in every sense. Bournemouth's Solanke had 3 really good chances and scores on one of them. We had, I think, 7 extraordinary chances, and scored from 1 of them.
I pick Silva ball all day. We made them look normal.

bobbo

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on December 04, 2021, 12:07:54 PM
For me, they aren't the second best team in the league. They gave us a game, but that was only due to the fact Parker resorted to type and sat everyone behind the ball once they score. Coventry were, in my opinion, a better footballing side. Even Derby. At least they tried to score.
We absolutely battered Bournemouth pretty much constantly. They scored a cheeky goal (according to sky it was perfect in everyway) because we hadn't left the changing room.
Their only goal threat is Solanke. I give credit where its due, and he's a cracking player, but there wasn't any real threat from anywhere else in the team.

The result annoyed me more than it probably should have. I dont think it was fair, but it clearly wasn't our day. I'm hoping that their players will know they've been in a match and will drop in form now because they don't deserve to be in the frame for promotion.

This is my opinion...
and it's right .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Arthur

For me, they aren't the second best team in the league.

Coventry were, in my opinion, a better footballing side. Even Derby. At least they tried to score.

I'm hoping that their players will know they've been in a match and will drop in form now because they don't deserve to be in the frame for promotion.

This is my opinion...

You may be correct, but the weakness in what you say, in my opinion, is that your assessment of every other team is based on just one game. (More fairly, your assessment of us - as the best team - is based on the evidence of 21 matches.)

If other clubs' supporters did the same, Coventry fans, for instance, might well say we deserve to be relegation candidates. No chance they would afford us the accolade of 'best team'.

Although a single game can encapsulate a team's qualities, to know whether it has surely requires having knowledge of a number of matches.

Bill2

Quote from: Arthur on December 04, 2021, 03:27:06 PM
For me, they aren't the second best team in the league.

Coventry were, in my opinion, a better footballing side. Even Derby. At least they tried to score.

I'm hoping that their players will know they've been in a match and will drop in form now because they don't deserve to be in the frame for promotion.

This is my opinion...

You may be correct, but the weakness in what you say, in my opinion, is that your assessment of every other team is based on just one game. (More fairly, your assessment of us - as the best team - is based on the evidence of 21 matches.)

If other clubs' supporters did the same, Coventry fans, for instance, might well say we deserve to be relegation candidates. No chance they would afford us the accolade of 'best team'.

Although a single game can encapsulate a team's qualities, to know whether it has surely requires having knowledge of a number of matches.
Everyone goes on about Coventry as though they were fantastic, remember they got a cheat goal with that dive subsequently proven by the player getting a two match ban. After that we were chasing the game and left ourselves exposed and hey took advantage. Had they not got that penalty would it have been so disastrous, don't know.

Southcoastffc

The best team I've seen at the Cottage this season, based on those roughly 90 minutes alone, was Stoke.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

cottage expat

This is my opinion...

Have to agree. In purely footballing terms we were way above them

FFC1987

Quote from: Deeping_white on December 04, 2021, 01:52:33 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on December 04, 2021, 01:45:52 PM

But that's missing the point that we weren't at full strength because we started with 4/5 unwell players in both those games. If they were all fully fit then fair enough, but the fact that almost half the starting XI were physically unwell means that it's not as clear cut as that

I wouldn't say that's missing the point. We have assembled a well balanced squad for this exact issue. I don't think with a few players out, 3 points from two home games and Preston is a decent return, albeit, I'm happy with it due to results mainly going our way. As I said, not disastrous but its not good form.

Hopefully we win next game though and start to increase that gap as its proper sweaty with form teams constantly picking up points!

Milo

I saw two teams last night heavily reliant on their in form strikers..

Take away Solanke and Mitrovic and I think both wouldn't be pulling away like we are.