https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tosin taking the p#ss

Started by H4usuallysitting, December 04, 2021, 12:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

With his goal celebration....very funny

paulbrookersmazydribbles

I think he's good mates with Solanke - so that was very good banter.

JimOG

Quote from: paulbrookersmazydribbles on December 04, 2021, 12:26:22 PM

What worries me about Tosin is the ease with which Solanke breezed past him and shot wide of the far post. Top defenders don't buy dummies that easily

SG

Defensively I thought he struggled. It was evident that he was deliberately closed down extremely quickly by their forward

Dodgin

Nate Phillips at Liverpool would be a good defensive signing for the premiership and should be available.

FFC1987

Quote from: JimOG on December 04, 2021, 12:31:16 PM

What worries me about Tosin is the ease with which Solanke breezed past him and shot wide of the far post. Top defenders don't buy dummies that easily

If that worries you, Ream has been done like that nearly every game at least once this season. Even when he's playing really well, he gets turned and caught out of position.

Jamie88

Quote from: FFC1987 on December 04, 2021, 01:23:19 PM

If that worries you, Ream has been done like that nearly every game at least once this season. Even when he's playing really well, he gets turned and caught out of position.

Disagree, Ream has been far better defensively than Tosin all season, and much more consistent

Willham

Also disagree! Feel tosin isnt at 100% or at least osnt trying 100% something feels off.
Ream on the other hand is becoming better and better.

Hector was in championship squad of the month too.

Twig

Sorry but that is so wide of the mark.

cmg

They were frequently squadmates for England u16, 17 and 18.

rebel

He was out for a 'while' so need to get back to his best. The goal will do 'wonders' he might have challenged 'Mitro' to see who could score more goals this season.

FFC1987

Quote from: Twig on December 04, 2021, 01:29:56 PM

Sorry but that is so wide of the mark.

I'd suggest going back and watching out last 5 games and watch Ream. He gets turned and left for dead at least once every game. That's not saying he's playing badly, or Tosin is better. It's a fact he gets turned like that. It's part and parcel of his play style. Sometimes it's great and he predicts it and gets the ball. Other times he commits and gets done. That's an observable fact.

WindyCity

Quote from: SG on December 04, 2021, 12:48:30 PM
Defensively I thought he struggled. It was evident that he was deliberately closed down extremely quickly by their forward

Yep.  Kudos for the equalizer, but he was easily the poorest player on the pitch.  Very dodgy in the defensive end, poor on the dribble/making passes/and general defending.  Lucky he wasn't lit up due to his poor play.  Not sure why he is struggling so much since returning to play.

Fernhurst

We are going just have to accept, if and when we go up we will need two lightening quick centre backs.... I thought Tostin would be one (well he still might) possibly requires some one to one coaching, can't be caught out like that in The Prem.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

RaySmith

I thought both Tosin and Ream did well generally - dealt well with their attacks, though all players make mistakes sometimes, but I saw some very good things from both players, as well as the odd error.

Tosin can look clumsy, especially when dribbling out from the back, but managed to pull it off without being caught out and a goal resulting, though my heart was in my mouth sometimes.

Put  Hector/ Mawsone in their place, and they will make errors too - Tosin and Ream seem to have built a partnership i think.

H4usuallysitting

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about....how many goals have we conceded this season.....and yesterday a centre back scored.....fantastico

FFC1987

Quote from: RaySmith on December 04, 2021, 05:07:33 PM
I thought both Tosin and Ream did well generally - dealt well with their attacks, though all players make mistakes sometimes, but I saw some very good things from both players, as well as the odd error.

Tosin can look clumsy, especially when dribbling out from the back, but managed to pull it off without being caught out and a goal resulting, though my heart was in my mouth sometimes.

Put  Hector/ Mawsone in their place, and they will make errors too - Tosin and Ream seem to have built a partnership i think.

My initial comment in bringing Ream into it was basically this. Neither are perfect, but both especially at this level are solid! I have no issues with either of them. It wasn't a slight on Ream, but to say if we're going to pick on Tosin for one thing he did wrong, Ream has areas where he could be better so its probably a bit too critical.

filham

I thought Tosin was premier league quality but yesterday he was in trouble a few times and I began to think we may see Hector or Mawson given a try before long.

bigalffc

Hector did a decent job when called upon recently, maybe he should have kept his place
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum