watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bournemouth support

Started by perry geyton, December 04, 2021, 07:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somerset Fulham

We do need to get back to winning ways and we will.  There are (as you have outlined), very mittigating circumstances for why we didn't win most if not all of our last three, and I am good with that.

I've nicked this from another thread, but it's very much how I sit at present.

Quote from: MJG on December 05, 2021, 07:05:36 PM
Six games ago we were 8 pts from 6th, now its 10.
Six games ago we were 5 points behind Bournemouth and now a point ahead
Six game ago we were 4 points ahead of 3rd place, now its 7

Not sure what the issue is.  :003:

We're on an upward trajectory.

Do we need to be cautious? Yep. And will be in bother if we go another three games without winning? Absolutely.  But I just don't see it happening.

WindyCity

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on December 06, 2021, 04:33:46 PM
We do need to get back to winning ways and we will.  And will be in bother if we go another three games without winning? Absolutely.  But I just don't see it happening.

I guess I'm just the more reserved/cautious type.  Very happy where we sit now, but lots of football yet to be played.  I just don't see FFC as such a powerhouse that they bowl over teams with ease.  At least not yet anyway.  Fingers crossed we can see the season out with autos.  Still long long way to go.......

Deeping_white

Quote from: WindyCity on December 06, 2021, 04:46:46 PM
We do need to get back to winning ways and we will.  And will be in bother if we go another three games without winning? Absolutely.  But I just don't see it happening.

I guess I'm just the more reserved/cautious type.  Very happy where we sit now, but lots of football yet to be played.  I just don't see FFC as such a powerhouse that they bowl over teams with ease.  At least not yet anyway.  Fingers crossed we can see the season out with autos.  Still long long way to go.......

Are we not the top scorers in the league? Did we not win a game 7-0 against a team in the play-offs? Have we not got a 17-1 aggregate win over all 4 teams in the play-off spots?

WindyCity

Quote from: Deeping_white on December 06, 2021, 06:18:17 PM
Are we not the top scorers in the league? Did we not win a game 7-0 against a team in the play-offs? Have we not got a 17-1 aggregate win over all 4 teams in the play-off spots?

WOW!!  I guess....game, set, match!  Season not yet half over, crown FFC champs now, especially with that huge lead that has been built up at present.  WOW!!

MartyFFC

The quietest fans we've had all season, literally forgot they were there in the first half

Jim©

Quote from: WindyCity on December 07, 2021, 04:17:17 PM

WOW!!  I guess....game, set, match!  Season not yet half over, crown FFC champs now, especially with that huge lead that has been built up at present.  WOW!!

No need to be so rude. You'd said that you didn't see ffc as a powerhouse team that bowled other teams over. Those scores proved that we have been doing just that.
I get the "reserved/cautious" tag, but there's a few on here that are more negative than reserved IMO.

MartyFFC

Spot on. Within the context of having won by 3+ goals on 8 occasions, 'I don't see us as a team that can bowl teams over with ease' is possibly the most ridiculous thing I've read on here

Forever Fulham

I agree with Windy City.  Over the moon that we are in first place.  But I've seen clubs go into a funk.  Weird things happen.  For instance, what if Mitro goes down for an extended period?  It's not as if our scoring is 'balanced'.  Or Tim's not there to make those pinpoint passes that set the table.  Some teams have figured that if they get right up in our grille and act the thug, our free flowing game disappears and we become more...ordinary.   If we can keep our best 14 healthy and motivated, then, sure, our current lead should see us through. Chemistry and flow and style can be disrupted.  We should be promoted given our play so far barring something Fulhamish. 

Jim©

Take all of mitros goals out and we've still scored more than most teams with only ten players on the field. Our second 11 would be good enough to get in or near playoffs;
Gazza
Odoi Hector mawson bryan
Chalobah
Onomah
Knockeart Reid cav
Muniz

Thats proper strength in depth.

Thames Bank 1

I was in JH stand and you could hardly here Bournemouth, the Fulam support was superb.
Also watched quest and the sounds from fans were different to those on sky.

Deeping_white

Quote from: WindyCity on December 07, 2021, 04:17:17 PM

You said we'd be in a relegation battle this season so no surprise you've completely missed the point I was making

Forever Fulham

Jim, you noted that if one were to subtract all of Mitro's goals so far this season, we'd still have more goals than most.  OK. But that could be a misleading statistic.  Without many of Mitro's goals, the dynamic changes.  Those goals kill opposition confidence, force them to take more attacking chances, which in turn open up the game for  our attacking players.  Hard to park the bus when you are already down one or two goals.   And we know how Mitro buys time for help to arrive, holding the ball, as they kick away at him.  That makes him a bit sui generis.  And he draws double defenders, opening up the final third for others.  But we're not arguing.  I've just seen good things go south enough to cultivate a cautiously optimistic mentality.