Main Menu

Bournemouth support

Started by perry geyton, December 04, 2021, 07:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

On social media carrying on that they were better then us

I don't get it, we were far superior and on another day we win that game 4-1

HV71

It's just a cherry on a real cup cake .....

SP

Judging by the group of Bournemouth  yoof we encountered in putney high street after the game, I wouldn't take anything they say on social media too seriously.

Fernhurst

Don't know where Sky place there effects mics or how they balance them but the away end is always very loud no matter who we play. Maybe it just suits their agenda to highlight the away support.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

SP

Interesting quote from a QPR site:

'Bournemouth, Championship 1.1 yet again, get 1-0 up, immediately regress, try and shthouse and see out the rest of the game.'

Dunstable Fulham

Did you talk to all 6 of them ? 🤣😄

Steeeeeeeeeed

The Bournemouth BigMouths 😎

Andy S

Psychologically Bournemouth know that they have a soft underbelly and are likely to concede late goals. They also know that we are the better team. They are ok defending until Mr Parker opts for an extra defender to shore up the attack, like he used to do with us

Radiowhite

Typical small club punching above their weight, get carried away with themselves

The Cravenette

Quote from: Fernhurst on December 04, 2021, 08:10:22 PM
Don't know where Sky place there effects mics or how they balance them but the away end is always very loud no matter who we play. Maybe it just suits their agenda to highlight the away support.

I was at the match and thought it was a great atmosphere in the Hammy End. My mum watched on tv and said she could only hear Bournemouth!

blingo

Quote from: The Cravenette on December 06, 2021, 07:51:00 AM

I was at the match and thought it was a great atmosphere in the Hammy End. My mum watched on tv and said she could only hear Bournemouth!

I also watched on tv and your mum is right Madam.

I wonder if a few strategically placed microphones with speakers around the ground would make up for the lack of acoustics at the best ground in the world?

cookieg

I thought the Bournemouth fans were decidedly quieter in the second half as we battered them.

Whitesideup

Quote from: blingo on December 06, 2021, 07:59:40 AM

I also watched on tv and your mum is right Madam.

I wonder if a few strategically placed microphones with speakers around the ground would make up for the lack of acoustics at the best ground in the world?
I think this (ie strategic placing of microphones near the away support) must be it, and could not believe that they sounded louder than us most of the game apart from the last 10. I thought given the number, they were one of the quieter sets of away supporters. I know local noise often distorts what you can hear, so if you are in the Hammy end you won't hear much of the away end. (Equally away supporters won't hear much from our end.) Anyone on the half-way line ish who can confirm relative noise levels?

copthornemike

On a slightly different tack doesn't this show how important away supporters are to creating atmosphere at matches?
Personally thought it was a cracking atmosphere at an (obviously) atmospheric ground (apologies for all the atmosphere references 😊).

joshfulham

Footballing-wise we crushed them, just such a shame we didn't take our very good chances.

I was sat in the Putney End, and their support was decent for large parts of the game, pretty much until we started applying the pressure at 0-1 and their nerves clearly kicked in. From that point onwards all 3 home stands were brilliant. The best atmosphere I've experienced this season for sure.

JoelH5

We were better than them, obviously, but my only worry is it seems I come on here every week recently and there's posts saying "on another day we win x-x". If you're saying that often, there's an issue.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Somerset Fulham

As things stand we have nothing to worry about at all, and I am cautious with words such as that.

perry geyton

If Fabs gonna leave then why start him over Tom who had a major point to prove to Parker that's what baffles me, Tom starts we win that game

So much hype around Fab but Tom is far a superior player currently, we looked far more stable and in control once he entered the pitch

WindyCity

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on December 06, 2021, 03:58:34 PM
As things stand we have nothing to worry about at all, and I am cautious with words such as that.

The season is not yet half over, so plenty to worry about/be cautious about ahead.  Three draws in a row and reduced goals scored is a bit of a concern.  Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know all about health issues and some knocks during that span.  Nonetheless, FFC is only top of table by one point.  Sure, great spot to be in.  Need to get back to winning ways and lengthen that spread between 3rd and the top two.

COYW!

H4usuallysitting

There's always a blinking massive furry microphone in the away corner