Main Menu

That Boscombe

Started by H4usuallysitting, December 03, 2021, 11:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: LittleErn on December 04, 2021, 09:43:03 AM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on December 04, 2021, 08:43:55 AM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on December 04, 2021, 12:19:34 AM
Bournemouth (obvs the Boscombe yawn comes in here) are without a doubt the only side that can compete with us in this division, and they did.

A good team that good a good result this evening in a really good game of football. Can't see any reason to knock them to be honest.

Not going to explain again, why they're called Boscombe

Who cares?

Well done

filham

Bournmouth were well organised and played hard throughout the 90 minutes , we had most of the play but it is goals that count and we failed to take our chances.
A double chance just before half time involving Mitro was a ideal opportunity missed which could well have set us on the way to victory.
Against a defense like Bournmouth's you just cannot afford to miss chances,

Donnie Lonegan

I thought we were slighly better than them on the day, but they are a good side, made a right game of it, I didn't quite see them defending for their lives either. Even the two shots their defender blocked would have been saved by their goalkeeper.

Radiowhite

Quote from: ALG01 on December 04, 2021, 09:06:04 AM
silva was the problem for us. he did not use the subs early enough and just allowed a big hole in the centre of our midfield. carvalho should have dropped deeper and more central and we would have shredded them and created way more chances. as it was everyone was way to wide and advanced and made it easy for them to stop us. I think the XGs were misleading. whilst we had a few chances they always had players in good blocking positions. they were lucky but we were naive and silva really has to do something about having a player occupying a proper central midfield role, there was a massive abscence all night long and the bournemouth style of pressing the keeper and sitting back meant the space was there... tom could have really exploited it but ws also sent way to far forward.

silva cost us 2 points IMO. we did well but not well enough!
We must have watched different games

itombomb

Quote from: joemole on December 04, 2021, 05:22:40 AM
Thought Solanke was a terrific striker. Heard his name often with the under 21s but this is the first time I've seen him play. Looked like scoring whenever he had the ball and made both Odoi  and Tosin look bad several times.
He's the compelling reason they're 2nd. Big, very athletic and technically sound, and has confidence now in front of goal that he obviously completely lost.

I think he'll have a Zamora-esque trajectory - overcoming a first failure in the PL to have a pretty solid premier league career.

gerrys

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on December 04, 2021, 08:43:55 AM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on December 04, 2021, 12:19:34 AM
Bournemouth (obvs the Boscombe yawn comes in here) are without a doubt the only side that can compete with us in this division, and they did.

A good team that good a good result this evening in a really good game of football. Can't see any reason to knock them to be honest.

Not going to explain again, why they're called Boscombe
Like we used to be called "Fulham Football & Athletic Club", they were "Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic"

Bill2

Quote from: SG on December 04, 2021, 07:30:36 AM
Quote from: Moltobueno on December 04, 2021, 06:20:00 AM
Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on December 04, 2021, 12:22:56 AM
I think 1-1 was fair enough

0001.gif

We were all over them and deserved to win.

Not sure how anybody who watched that game could say a draw was a fair result. We battered them and they defended as though their lives depended on it. Credit them for that but many of their yellows were for bad fouls breaking up play or breakaways. For that in my book they didn't deserve a thing
Absolutely, the were lucky the ref didn't have his red card in his pocket as a number deserved a second, or an earlier first.

Bill2

Quote from: Donnie Lonegan on December 04, 2021, 11:18:26 AM
I thought we were slighly better than them on the day, but they are a good side, made a right game of it, I didn't quite see them defending for their lives either. Even the two shots their defender blocked would have been saved by their goalkeeper.
Not sure about that, especially the second one. When you see the defenders throwing themselves in front of the ball on the goal line you know you are getting a battering.

WindyCity

Disagree with the OP.  I have no great love for B'mouth, but they are a good side, very strong defensively.  I'm sure they're pleased with the away point even though they conceded the equalizer late.  I do think FFC was/is the better team though.  Frustrated that FFC couldn't get three points out of that game.  But B'mouth earned the away point.

RaySmith

Coming from behind so late in the game  felt almost like a win - well, i thought we were headed for defeat, but they must think it was two points dropped after being in front for so long.

SP

If Bournemouth don't lose anyone in the January transfer window I think they'll be in the top two comfortably.

MartyFFC

I don't rate Boscombe however given how average the competition is, as long as Cahill and Solanke stay fit I think they'll hold on to second place