watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR….QPR

Started by bobby01, December 06, 2021, 01:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

I have just read an Athletic article that says they have to pay the EFL a £42million fine over the next ten years for breaking ffp.

1 how is that fair to others that have been hit by points deductions.
2 why is it over 10 years.

I would love someone who knows more than me to explain why, thanks.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

bobbo

What's more important is why are the big clubs able to spend pretty much what they like?
I don't get that because they have extremely rich owners and big stadiums hence big revenues that it balances out on clubs like QPR or us for that matters .it's a very un level playing field .I guess it always has been but so much so now.t
1975 just leaving home full of hope

mrmicawbers

On another note we are averaging 3500 more per home game than they are achieving. Makes me smile as they are always banging on about our support being poor.It was notice against Bournemouth how many youngsters seem to be supporting us.Long may it continue.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Not forgetting the Mickey Mouse size of Bournemouth's average gates.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on December 06, 2021, 03:43:56 PM

Lets not do this please. Fans of big clubs bang on about their support as if they personally invited everyone single one of them themselves. It is dull and patronising. Bournemouth and QPR, for our rivalries, are honest small and medium sized clubs like ourselves with dedicated fanbases that understand the essence of being a true football fan. We can have a bit of back and forth, and some bickering, but let's not forget that we're cut from the same cloth.

The Rock

Can someone refresh my memory? Didn't they just get significantly fined 2-3 years ago for purposely breaking FFP rules?

Does this make it a 2nd offence?

If so, can a club break the rules all they want?

I point all this out to point out, as we all are, there is no uniform rule system and it's up to how big a club you are etc. etc. so sad.

Andy S

I feel sorry for all supporters affected by Ffp rules. They after all have done nothing wrong. I would be in favour of a points deduction and that is it. There is no need for the FA to deduct money from clubs that are after all rich enough. May be if clubs voted on a fine and the donated it to a good charity that would also be acceptable.

copthornemike

:plus one:
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on December 06, 2021, 06:14:02 PM

Lets not do this please. Fans of big clubs bang on about their support as if they personally invited everyone single one of them themselves. It is dull and patronising. Bournemouth and QPR, for our rivalries, are honest small and medium sized clubs like ourselves with dedicated fanbases that understand the essence of being a true football fan. We can have a bit of back and forth, and some bickering, but let's not forget that we're cut from the same cloth.
Well said and expressed

Gezza

Quote from: copthornemike on December 06, 2021, 07:21:23 PM

Well said and expressed

Agree as well

Twig

Quote from: Gezza on December 06, 2021, 08:04:35 PM
Quote from: copthornemike on December 06, 2021, 07:21:23 PM

Well said and expressed

Agree as well

Add me to this list and it applies to Brentford as well.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: bobbo on December 06, 2021, 01:57:15 PM
What's more important is why are the big clubs able to spend pretty much what they like?
I don't get that because they have extremely rich owners and big stadiums hence big revenues that it balances out on clubs like QPR or us for that matters .it's a very un level playing field .I guess it always has been but so much so now.t

The big clubs generate more money for the FA and UEFA so are basically untouchable.

In other words, they can offer bigger brown envelopes.

And I also agree with St fulham. We've been called all sorts in the past. Had songs such as "where were you when you were sh!t" etc. So by saying the same about others makes it seem like we have the biggest and best support.

blingo

No club can ever be cut from the same cloth as FFC. We are Fulham.