Started by Peabody, December 28, 2010, 04:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

That feels better dose'nt it?

The Bronsons

:003: :003: :003: :003: :003: :003: :003: :003: :003: :003: Oh yes
:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Blingo

Great win Peabody. Let's hope we can build on it.

FC Silver Fox

Indeed it does, Mr Peabody, Sir. Indeed it does.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Whiteroom

I literally feel as though I am about to wake up! So happy!

Ichabod Magoo

It's difficult to get too hopeful about a side creating 5 shots, getting outshot 17-5, with both goals coming from a defender.   :032:
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

Peabody

Give it a rest Ichabod.

Steve_orino

Quote from: Ichabod Magoo on December 28, 2010, 05:08:30 PM
It's difficult to get too hopeful about a side creating 5 shots, getting outshot 17-5, with both goals coming from a defender.   :032:

Get out of here...let's enjoy this!  

3 points!  all i want for Boxing Day 3 days before the New Year is 3 points!
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

finnster01

I have no problem with that whatsoever.

In fact, I feel absolutely exhausted like I played the game. Great feeling!!!

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

manxman

YEESSSSSSSS, GET IN - im so happy!!! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

The Doctor

Huge relief to get that win, especially after the awful surrender against West Ham.  I'm still not anticipating a win at WHL, but am hoping that we give Spurs a good game now.  The West Brom game is winnable and if we can follow that up up with a win over Peterborough, it will get the confidence up as we head into the second half of the season.

COYW

mrska

Id take a point at Spurs and hopefully we can do WBA at home  next week... COYWS!

GoldCoastWhite

I enjoyed the effort and the performance almost as much as the result. Everyone out there worked their arse off and played like they cared. Mark Hughes fired up too and his decision to leave the whole eleven unchanged until the final whistle was an excellent one as far as I'm concerned. Well done to everyone in "Harrod's green" and well done Mark Hughes.

Burt

Quote from: Peabody on December 28, 2010, 04:53:55 PM
That feels better dose'nt it?

Baird getting 2 goals... Most unexpected.

Us getting 3 points away... Most unexpected.

A great day, in all, and it does feel a lot better.

A season isn't defined by one result, but I sincerely hope that this is a corner turned.

RidgeRider

To be fair, once we got on them for the first two goals, there was no need to be attacking. We ended up defending a lot because Stoke NEEDED to put pressure on us and let's face it, we wanted the three points so we parked the bus a bit, so stats don't always tell the whole story. The stats would have been more meaningful I suppose had we won 1-0 in stoppage time at the end....then we could say the stats showed we were a bit lucky.

Steve_orino

Quote from: mrska on December 28, 2010, 05:16:32 PM
Id take a point at Spurs and hopefully we can do WBA at home  next week... COYWS!

My exact thoughts since we got 3 points today! 

26 points with Zamora & Dembele returning and the Silly Season bringing in reinforcements and we're moving on up...
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

mccscratch

Quote from: RidgeRider on December 28, 2010, 09:40:54 PM

To be fair, once we got on them for the first two goals, there was no need to be attacking. We ended up defending a lot because Stoke NEEDED to put pressure on us and let's face it, we wanted the three points so we parked the bus a bit, so stats don't always tell the whole story. The stats would have been more meaningful I suppose had we won 1-0 in stoppage time at the end....then we could say the stats showed we were a bit lucky.

But wouldn't a nice counter attacking goal in the last 20 mins made things better?
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

The Equalizer

Fulham win away from home and England retain the Ashes. I wish i'd put some money on that.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Jimpav

Quote from: mccscratch on December 29, 2010, 06:45:35 AM

But wouldn't a nice counter attacking goal in the last 20 mins made things better?

Would have been lovely but not worth risking it when we are 2-0 up. We don't have the pace to counter attack.

Also if we conceded a goal we could have easily thrown the match away and been left with a point at best. It's all about confidence - if we had given Stoke one sniff of getting something from that match they would have seized it and destroyed us - much like the Hammers did.