watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This is the championship

Started by Worcesterwhite, December 11, 2021, 05:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Worcesterwhite

We cannot take anything for granted, getting out of this league is not a forgone conclusion!!! We need to go out there and earn it, Sheffield united game seems like a long way off, but we could really do with the 3pts to get back on track

Mince n Tatties

Yes it's a tough old league,and all the sides
are going to get in our face,because we're there to be shot at.
But we're top and they have to get past us.

jarv

Too casual too often. Luton won every second ball and pressed for 90 minutes. Fulham clearly are a better team but not today.

I see many on here complain about referees. I see why now having watched the whole game. Definite penalty early on, not given and a number of very strange decisions in midfield, most in the 2nd half.

Frustrating to watch. 2 VERY valuable points thrown away.

shepperton white

It's not all bad news - the cherries got beaten at home.  And you just know when you come up against one of your old players they are likely to get one. we have two home games now to get us back on track

Whitestone

Quote from: jarv on December 11, 2021, 05:20:46 PM
Too casual too often. Luton won every second ball and pressed for 90 minutes. Fulham clearly are a better team but not today.

I see many on here complain about referees. I see why now having watched the whole game. Definite penalty early on, not given and a number of very strange decisions in midfield, most in the 2nd half.

Agree with all of this. Luton were relentless with their work rate. They never dropped off for a minute and it paid off.

JoelH5

Quote from: Whitestone on December 11, 2021, 05:42:22 PM
Quote from: jarv on December 11, 2021, 05:20:46 PM

Agree with all of this. Luton were relentless with their work rate. They never dropped off for a minute and it paid off.

Good for them. With our quality it shouldn't make a difference. We let ourselves down today. Again.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

WindyCity

Quote from: Worcesterwhite on December 11, 2021, 05:06:14 PM
We cannot take anything for granted, getting out of this league is not a forgone conclusion!!! We need to go out there and earn it

Amen to that!!!

Several days ago I had posted that I didn't think FFC was such a powerhouse and could roll over teams with ease.  My head was summarily chopped off for that observation.  It was pointed out how great our goal differential was and we had scored more goals than any other team in the league, and FFC was virtually a 'lock' to win this league, and I was belittled.  For all the stat geeks that had their laughs at my expense, they failed to realize that much of those offensive stats were a result of an outlier (7 nil).  I look at our last 4 games in a row, all ties, most against 'lesser' teams, and in those 4 games a total of 3 goals scored.  Hardly powerhouse quality I should think.

I just thought it a mistake to think that FFC had this thing locked up well before half the season has been played.  Still a lot of games left to play.  I am absolutely thrilled, of course, that we sit top of table.  But recent form really needs to be improved if FFC wants to finish top two.  Fingers crossed and hopeful we can see this season through and gain promotion.  But it's no lock right now, it's not a foregone conclusion.  COYW!

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: WindyCity on December 11, 2021, 06:37:37 PM
We cannot take anything for granted, getting out of this league is not a forgone conclusion!!! We need to go out there and earn it

Amen to that!!!

Several days ago I had posted that I didn't think FFC was such a powerhouse and could roll over teams with ease.  My head was summarily chopped off for that observation.  It was pointed out how great our goal differential was and we had scored more goals than any other team in the league, and FFC was virtually a 'lock' to win this league, and I was belittled.  For all the stat geeks that had their laughs at my expense, they failed to realize that much of those offensive stats were a result of an outlier (7 nil).  I look at our last 4 games in a row, all ties, most against 'lesser' teams, and in those 4 games a total of 3 goals scored.  Hardly powerhouse quality I should think.

I just thought it a mistake to think that FFC had this thing locked up well before half the season has been played.  Still a lot of games left to play.  I am absolutely thrilled, of course, that we sit top of table.  But recent form really needs to be improved if FFC wants to finish top two.  Fingers crossed and hopeful we can see this season through and gain promotion.  But it's no lock right now, it's not a foregone conclusion.  COYW!

Great write up. Even Bournemouth and West Brom have come to this realization. Blackburn look good candidates as any as well!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Litrecola_

I had faith this year that we wouldn't sit back under Silva and he proved just that. Maybe bring Muniz on a wee bit earlier, he is hungry.

Worcesterwhite

Amen to that!!!

Well put our greatest threat is complacency and we must earn every 3pts

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Litrecola_ on December 11, 2021, 07:06:05 PM
I had faith this year that we wouldn't sit back under Silva and he proved just that. Maybe bring Muniz on a wee bit earlier, he is hungry.

I loved it - very wasteful shot of Muniz when he got the opportunity, but he's chomping at the bit to score. Could* have laid off to Carvalho - but he was immediately under pressure so I don't blame him.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

WindyCity

Quote from: Worcesterwhite on December 11, 2021, 07:07:37 PM
Well put our greatest threat is complacency and we must earn every 3pts

You're absolutely right about earning our points.  FFC looked somewhat complacent after the first goal scored v Luton.  Hopefully this can be reversed and we see better future outings from our lads.  We've really missed some chances to put some space between us and third place over these past four games. 

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on December 11, 2021, 07:21:35 PM
Quote from: Litrecola_ on December 11, 2021, 07:06:05 PM

I loved it - very wasteful shot of Muniz when he got the opportunity, but he's chomping at the bit to score. Could* have laid off to Carvalho - but he was immediately under pressure so I don't blame him.

if the manager thinks Muniz can come on and win the game for Fulham in the last few minutes, then why did he not bring him on earlier. Makes no sense and Silva has to be more proactive, because not winning matches we should when we are ahead reflects on his game management.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Black and White Town

It's frustrating going through a flat patch, when we know we can play better. But we're still doing OK, and I have faith that we'll recover our form again soon.