Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

White Noise

GoldCoastWhite

That's MISTER Baird thank you !  :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands:

White Noise

To this -

ron

They used to talk about "utility" players  who could fill in almost anywhere...I remember Pat O'Connell in the days of yore, Fred Callaghan as the patient sub who could fill in most places wearing the old 12 shirt...and then there was Malcolm McDonald who started as a right back.....

........Perhaps a player who can strike a moving ball....and a dead ball ..... as sweetly as that deserves a run out in a striker's position ..  ?

I didn't see anything again today from AJ to prove he has a prior claim,  and we should form opinions on the evidence we see.

Lighthouse

Baird has just said that he knew he would take the free kick once as the first kick went in. Not a training ground stint but he just hit and hoped and thankfully it went in. Modest chap.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LBNo11

...not forgetting the great Stan Brown ron - we have had Bairdinho as a utility player for some time, but greatly under used. Well done, you have made thousands of Fulham fans very happy today...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Whiteroom

What brilliant is that he actually did a really good job in defence too! He is so underrated. I am glad I chose him as my underrated player of the year!

White Noise

I'll bet Baird is back on the bench for the Spurs game.

ron

...That would definitely get more chants of "You don't know what you're doing" from the crowd. Sparky be warned !

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Maybe but  Salcido will not play  ................that man cannot defend (in the Premiership) , Hughes now realises this ..................

The Bronsons

I don't know if Salcido will be worth the shirt when we have somebody up front he can cross to, but with AJ up top there's not much point to his runs, and he pulls the rest of the defence out of shape. Baird should start, IMHO.

ron

Quote from: The Bronsons on December 28, 2010, 07:06:56 PM
I don't know if Salcido will be worth the shirt when we have somebody up front he can cross to, but with AJ up top there's not much point to his runs, and he pulls the rest of the defence out of shape. Baird should start, IMHO.

Agree. I think we've said before that Salcido isn't all that we thought he was from his early displays.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Me-ate-Live,  innit?? on December 28, 2010, 06:59:54 PM
Maybe but  Salcido will not play  ................that man cannot defend (in the Premiership) , Hughes now realises this ..................

I KNOW you miss PK.  :dft012:

Banstead White

Quote from: Whiteroom on December 28, 2010, 05:34:20 PM
What brilliant is that he actually did a really good job in defence too! He is so underrated. I am glad I chose him as my underrated player of the year!
Sorry I dont agree, when anywhere near the centre of defence he looked a liability and often lost at right back, he was berated in defensive positions last season i recall, however when RH pushed him into the middle he seemed a more confident and able player, this i think is his best position and one I think he should hold. He beats the alternatives Etutu, greening etc....
cheers
r :dft010:
Roysie

FatFreddysCat

A big pat on the back for the Cat as i said just a few days ago that Baird who is not a first team regular was my favorite player. What a turn around from when he hit Hullard and every one including me wanted to lynch him. Bairdiniho you deserve a few of these  :Sparkyticus:  :Sparkyticus:  :Sparkyticus:  :Sparkyticus: