watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If Ryan Babel was available

Started by JimmyConway, December 15, 2021, 03:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyConway

For the second half of the season would you take him! Personally i think his the type of player even at his spritely age of 35+ years that would make a huge difference to our team and certainly would ease fears of not going up automatically. Would not be a signing for the future just a signing that would make a difference knowing what the goal (literally) is this season.
Some might say harsh on Kebano as that is who i would like to see him replace. In all fairness since mid October his form has been probably the best it's been since he joined. That said i still think he is in a position on the left wing where an upgrade could be found. Seen a few decent wingers at the cottage this season but i would not hesitate if a deal could be done to get a player like Babel in for the rest of the campaign.
The main reason i would look to upgrade here is i just don't think Kebano is consistent enough over a long period. Recently against Bournemouth i thought he was good but against Derby Preston & Luton a bit anonymous.
This is just an opinion on this position and the current player occupying the left wing place.

junior white

Sadly not now, has lost a fair bit of pace apparently

Twig

Sorry but this bird has flown. Time to move on otherwise we'll be discussing Berbatov next.

We have a decent squad and some exciting young players, I'd rather see some of the getting game time.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Twig on December 15, 2021, 05:22:05 PM
Sorry but this bird has flown. Time to move on otherwise we'll be discussing Berbatov next.

We have a decent squad and some exciting young players, I'd rather see some of the getting game time.
Yes definitely.  Let's start playing some of the youngsters, or at least giving them some game time. We need freshness and enthusiasm and a chance to look forward rather than back.

Lordedmundo

I did think we should have signed him pre season, but I think we have enough attacking players now.

I'm more concerned about central midfield.  I just don't think we have dominant players in this area at the moment - Seri seems to have lost some his form from earlier in the season, Reed has not managed to get fit enough to have a sustained run in the team to get his sharpness back and Cairney also still looks off the pace.  I'm afraid Onomah has badly failed to stake his claim, so we are reliant in Chalobah to come in now I think and hopefully make a difference. We also have Francois -but not seen enough him to see whether he is good enough to fight for  a starting place...

filham

No doubt our attack /midfield needs an added spark, three goals (two from center backs) in the last four games is just not good enough.
The Babel of two years ago would be great for the rest of the season but I suspect those years may have taken his sharp edge away.
Lets try to give Muniz a little game time, he may just provide the spark.

Sting of the North

Our attack/midfield have provided the most goals in this division so far this season, and with a very wide margin at that. I find it very strange to seemingly ignore this and pretend as if it is only the last four games that matter (further ignoring chances created etc.). We will be more than fine with what we have.

In my opinion.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Sting of the North on December 15, 2021, 08:50:58 PM
Our attack/midfield have provided the most goals in this division so far this season, and with a very wide margin at that. I find it very strange to seemingly ignore this and pretend as if it is only the last four games that matter (further ignoring chances created etc.). We will be more than fine with what we have.

In my opinion.

Well said, we need a strong squad going up that only needs some extra quality next season. Personally, I think we should look to strengthen the squad with some long-term yo-yo players that could do a job now in the championship plus be reaching their peak in the next couple of seasons (at a similar career stage to Rodak, Tosin, Robinson and Wilson).

In terms of what players we want I would take note some aren't contracted for next season although some have options (Fabri, Odoi, Hector, Mawson, Ream, Seri and Fabio) while other players are so injury prone they need extra cover (Tete, Kongolo, Chalobah, Reed, Cairney and Onamah).

We Are Premier League

no thank you, move on. Would much prefer a loan to buy deal for someone like Reiss Nelson...

Twig

Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 15, 2021, 10:45:52 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on December 15, 2021, 08:50:58 PM

In my opinion.

Well said, we need a strong squad going up that only needs some extra quality next season. Personally, I think we should look to strengthen the squad with some long-term yo-yo players that could do a job now in the championship plus be reaching their peak in the next couple of seasons (at a similar career stage to Rodak, Tosin, Robinson and Wilson).

In terms of what players we want I would take note some aren't contracted for next season although some have options (Fabri, Odoi, Hector, Mawson, Ream, Seri and Fabio) while other players are so injury prone they need extra cover (Tete, Kongolo, Chalobah, Reed, Cairney and Onamah).

Interesting, if unsurprising, that you want to sign yo-yo players whereas everyone else would want us to sign Prem standard players. I think the whole Yo-yo thing has gone on long enough. Surely, after all their investment, in both squad and infrastructure, the Khans will be targeting a more permanent place in the top division next year?

Maidstone Lee

If his wages weren't too high then a 4/5 month deal to increase our options up front is a good idea. He'll be better then the likes of Cavalerio so why not.

Ideally though, we should be looking at players who will be able to make the step up to the Premier League
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

terryr

Quote from: Fulham 442 on December 15, 2021, 05:49:13 PM
Quote from: Twig on December 15, 2021, 05:22:05 PM

Yes definitely.  Let's start playing some of the youngsters, or at least giving them some game time. We need freshness and enthusiasm and a chance to look forward rather than back.
Problem is the youngsters might shine brightly and will promptly depart in the summer for next to nothing. We've all seen that movie before.

rebel

Big fan, but we have more then enough, in fact way too much.