watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ericson - Worth a gamble?

Started by Jeroen, December 17, 2021, 05:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeroen

Been released by Inter... would it be worth a gamble looking at next season? With Seri away for the Africa Cup and creativity lacking a little without him and Cairney, it might be worth a look. Not sure how fit he is though
(besides the question if he would come to us)

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

The dude died on the pitch a couple of months ago and you wanna take a risk?? Really??

It was mutual termination of his contract, so he's probably spending time with his family to fully recover.

No. Absolutely not.

These types of ludicrous suggestions really need to stop.

Jeroen

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on December 17, 2021, 05:08:27 PM
The dude died on the pitch a couple of months ago and you wanna take a risk?? Really??

It was mutual termination of his contract, so he's probably spending time with his family to fully recover.

No. Absolutely not.

He is training already by himself and the 'only' reason he is released is that in the Italian league they don't allow players with an implanted Defib (I think that's what its called)

Daley Blind had a the same and is playing with one of those things.... I would welcome Blind with open arms, so why not Ericson?

Carborundum

Undoubtedly.  He's a wonderful player, the FA Cup game at the Cottage a few years ago he put on a two footed masterclass.  He's also an adult.  If, following medical advice, he's raring to go, well why not?  If anyone has figured out that life is for living, it's probably him.

fulhamfan

Steeeeeeeeeed

Just for his name alone ,(sort of), he would get us up, and keep us up, proudly.

Twig

I can't see a problem, as Jeroen has said he's already back in training and looking for a club.  He'd be a fantastic acquisition for us and would massively upgrade our squad.

Somerset Fulham

Yep, they drive me mental too.  If he's fit enough to play, he's not playing for Fulham and if he's not fit enough to play then he's not playing for Fulham.

'Would you take him?' and crap questions like that properly do my crust in.  I mean it's not even a bloody sentence.

Deeping_white

No. Absolutely not.

The only reason he's been released is due to him not being allowed to play with an implant that monitors his heart, absolutely nothing to do with his fitness or willingness to play football. Don't let me stop you from going on an uninformed rant though.

Also I wouldn't really say that this suggestion is really that ludicrous, he's got the ability to play in the premier league but realistically not many PL teams would perhaps want to gamble on him so it comes down to how much football he'd want to play, because realistically someone coming back from a situation like that may even change their outlook on what they're looking for at the tail end of their career. He also didn't do great for Inter and his stock fell quite a lot over the last season he played for them so again, not entirely farfetched for a team in pole position to get back into the PL to give him an opportunistic offer with an 18 month contract, however unlikely it would be as I'm sure there'll be plenty of clubs on the continent who'd consider themselves able to take a chance on him. This is also a football forum, if it offends you that much that someone makes a post like this, just ignore it rather than having an uniformed hissy fit

LittleErn

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on December 17, 2021, 05:59:29 PM

Yep, they drive me mental too.  If he's fit enough to play, he's not playing for Fulham and if he's not fit enough to play then he's not playing for Fulham.

'Would you take him?' and crap questions like that properly do my crust in.  I mean it's not even a bloody sentence.

1. Where does it say "Would you take him?" in any of the above posts?
2. Why isn't it a sentence?

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: LittleErn on December 17, 2021, 06:46:53 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on December 17, 2021, 05:59:29 PM

1. Where does it say "Would you take him?" in any of the above posts?
2. Why isn't it a sentence?

I believe that was a generic phrase for.these types of posts.
Eriksen was a sublime player, but he's just had a massive heart attack. Whether he's got a defib or not, is irrelevant. He'll never be the same player. He won't be back to full fitness for a long long time. Training and full match fitness is a planet apart.

We Are Premier League

Ayoze Perez - would you take him?

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Terry Towling

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Brede Hangeland - worth resigning him?

Colton F.C.

Aubameyang is probably available!