watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pullis the Thug

Started by Lighthouse, December 28, 2010, 05:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Slapped Hughes hand at the end and Hughes said something then words were said over their shoulders. Hughes came out and said that Pullis can do what he likes as we got the three points. BBC pundits claim it was disrespectful of Pulis
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Me-ate-Live, innit??

As they are both Welsh,  it was probably a local greeting ..................????????????.......sky cannot be expected to know this  :005:/

White Noise

Gentleman Jim said Hughes was having very strong words with someone at the end.

bog

We cannot forget his nice moods at Gillingham. The only way to shut those like him up is to win on their own ground!  

AlFayedsChequebook

Pulis - how ungrateful. They are in the top 10 but obviously cannot take being beaten by little ol fulham!

Here is to beating them at the cottage in the new year! COYW

Fulham_Adam

The past is told by those who win.

Lighthouse

Saw Hughes going off punching his fist towards the fans. Whatever people say about him. He was far from distant a the end. Looked well pleased with life.

Whiteroom

Whiteroom

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 28, 2010, 05:37:08 PM
Saw Hughes going off punching his fist towards the fans. Whatever people say about him. He was far from distant a the end. Looked well pleased with life.

I really appreciated that! Its really good to see a bit of passion.

AlFayedsChequebook

I would have loved it if he had done the Bobby Zamora ear cupping routine....

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I think He was telling the players to throw their  shirts to our fans   .........................

Lighthouse

Pullis has now come and said Hughes said he was disappointed that Pulis didn't shake hands but Hughes didn't shake his hand in the League Cup Game so ..........

Not a thug, just a child.

ron

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 28, 2010, 05:29:27 PM
BBC pundits claim it was disrespectful of Pulis

...Respect?     ....in a place like Stoke.....????

Whiteroom

Hughes' interview was good. He seems a lot happier. We shouldn't get carries away, but hopefully this will ease the pressure and allow us to move forward.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

this is what we need to see,shows he cares,it shows he's one of us,I don't think people know how much something like this means to the fans.........there might be hope for Sparky yet............................. :dft012:

ron

Might be something to do with the fact that he might not have to ruin those hand-made Italian shoes by trudging through the slush to the Jobcentre, and that 'er indoors can have that new hat....

White Noise

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11701_6619879,00.html

Pulis rues missed chances

Boss says Stoke must convert their chances after loss to Cottagers

Last updated: 28th December 2010   

Tony Pulis thought his players had not converted their chances after Stoke went down 2-0 to Fulham at the Britannia.

Chris Baird put the Cottagers ahead on four minutes when unleashing a piledriver from distance which went in off Asmir Begovic's post and then doubled the advantage from a free-kick in a similar position six minutes later.

Stoke then dominated as they tried to get a foothold back in the game - with Danny Murphy heading a Ryan Shawcross header off the line just before the interval - but could not find a way through.

Pulis told Sky Sports: "It was disappointing - we started very slowly, gave them two goals.

"I know Baird's strike (for the first goal) is a decent strike but leading up to that was disappointing and the second goal, Asmir really should save that."

The Stoke boss added his side had played really well in their victory at Blackburn last time but were really flat for the first 20 minutes in this game.

Human beings
Asked why this was the case, he replied: "Human beings. They were really bubbly after the game (against Blackburn), they've turned up today and like I said, we looked really flat first 20 minutes."

He added it is difficult to find consistency "full stop".

"I think the top clubs are up there because they perform at that level all the time.

"We're not that good at the moment and we have to fight and scrap for every point that we pick up.

"We still had enough chances and opportunities today to score at least a couple of goals and like I say on another day that could have happened for us.

"All second half I can't remember Asmir coming into play at all but we need to convert our chances."

Pennant situation
Pulis is hopeful the Potters can seal the permanent transfer of Jermaine Pennant from Real Zaragoza.

He said: "I think the two clubs are getting closer and I think we've got them to drop their price a bit.

"But I think it always going to be this - I think there was going to be brinkmanship right up until the last minute.

"The fact of the matter is we've stuck on what we think is the right price for him and fingers crossed we'll get him at that price."

Fulham boss Mark Hughes seemed disappointed when Pulis did not fully shake his hand at the end.

The Stoke boss said: "I was disappointed, like he was disappointed in the League Cup when we lost the game there, so dust it down, get on with it, no problems."

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on December 28, 2010, 06:14:52 PM

this is what we need to see,shows he cares,it shows he's one of us,I don't think people know how much something like this means to the fans.........there might be hope for Sparky yet............................. :dft012:
Bollacks i wish i'd held my nerve for one more game and stuck with Hughes, fair play to those who did. I now think we'll be ok. Fickle moi?

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Did anyone see the interview  Sparky looked like he had either cut himself shaving  or perhaps he had a bout of Fisty-cuffs
in the tunnel ??????????????