watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Shahid Khan's Programme Notes for tonight

Started by Southcoastffc, December 20, 2021, 11:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Greetings and thank you for choosing to spend an evening during the festive season with us at Craven Cottage. Over the past several weeks I've really enjoyed seeing some of the photographs of our beloved home ground with the Christmas tree, special events and much more. I wish I were there and do plan to return soon. In the meantime, I didn't want the calendar year to pass without sharing some thoughts with our loyal supporters

At the time of writing, we're on top of the Sky Bet Championship table. I hope that's still the case when you read this. At a minimum, we're in the automatic promotion places and undefeated since mid-October. I don't think there is a club in our division that wouldn't want to be Fulham Football Club today and in the second half of the season. We conclude the first half of the campaign, our 23rd match, this evening with a visit from our Premier League opponent of a year ago in Sheffield United, a club that is currently enjoying a run of good form. I am honoured to welcome the Blades' visiting fans this evening and I know they will be in good voice to support their club's efforts to break our 11-match unbeaten run.

Despite our own run of excellent form, we have stalled a bit with four draws in our past four matches while giving up the occasional goal after posting six clean sheets in seven games. Yet, in essentially two months, we've banked 22 points, passed AFC Bournemouth for the top spot in the league and then widened the gap over the second-place Cherries last weekend with our 1-1 draw at Luton Town on 11th December. Head Coach Marco Silva and everyone associated with your Club is duly aware that the teams in the Play-Off shuffle are collectively chipping away slightly at the margin separating Fulham and Bournemouth at the top half of the table, but I am more than sure we are poised to return to our winning ways with our next two matches here at the Cottage.

During my visit in October, I was able to spend time with Marco at the training ground and I am delighted to report that I was as impressed with his commitment and drive as I was at the first meeting which led to his appointment. Marco's professionalism and dedication are clear to everyone that works with him and that, in turn, brings out the very best in this squad of players.

I was also able to spend some time with Aleksandar Mitrović in the Motspur Park restaurant and I know how delighted he is at scoring goals and making key contributions to the all-round performances of the team. He is confident, which for any striker is a necessary ingredient of success. And, with 22 goals already this campaign, Mitro has every reason to be. His late goal against Portugal last month secured qualification to the 2022 FIFA World Cup for his beloved Serbia, and now for the third consecutive month Mitro has been named PFA Fans' Player of the Month in the Championship – an unprecedented feat in this division. Mitro's reliability and passion for Fulham are among many other factors why we've made it a priority to keep him in SW6, no matter what league we're in. I am delighted for Mitro and long may the goals continue to flow!

In our Academy, Steve Wigley's Under-23s are nine points clear at the top of Premier League 2 Division 2 table, so a very healthy position for them. The Under-18s are currently fifth in the Premier League South Under-18s League – again a healthy position. I offer my commiserations at being eliminated from the FA Youth Cup at the hands of Everton. A tough knock, but still much to play for in the league.

Our Women's team rounded off this year with an impressive 9-1 victory against Millwall Lionesses and they currently sit fifth in the London and South East Regional Women's Football League, but with games in hand. This season saw the transition of the Women's team from FFC Foundation status to the performance side of the football club, with a continued focus of encouraging grassroots participation in the local community. This is something I am passionate about in terms of our own equality and diversity commitment, to encourage all those in our society to experience and embrace the power of football, in a positive way.

The Academy and Women's team provide the opportunity to reinforce the word Club in FFC. While there is no question the Men's First Team earns much of the focus and following, we are a Club in every sense of the word. Above all, we don't just say it. We live it. I am so proud of all Fulham Football Club teams and the staff at Motspur Park that always ensures a great performance by FFC off the pitch. Thank you!

On my last visit I was able to see, in person, the work on the Riverside Stand and was absolutely delighted at the progress made. We can all be proud of what will be unveiled as a truly impressive landmark on the Thames, one that unites its local community by offering many exceptional amenities while connecting us with central London so we can truly maximise on the potential of being located on the banks of the River Thames. I hope to be able to provide a timetable in early 2022 as to when we can open and look forward to rejoicing with you on that day.

And as we celebrate the holidays, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our sponsors and partners that have invested in us during this and previous seasons. That support is integral to our successes, and I would like to thank you, the loyal Fulham supporters, whose voices I hear every game cheering for your team, both home and away. As I know by many of the comments made by the players in your team, it means a great deal and incentivises them every game.

One event not in the football calendar, but that I feel merits a congratulatory note, is that of the recent nuptials of Mark Maunders and his new bride Dami. Mark has been a loyal Club employee for many years, always dedicating himself to the team and to the Club, and always raising a smile. Mark is someone who makes you happy the moment you see him... a true Fulham servant, beloved by all. I wish Mark and Dami a fantastic future together!

Finally, as we enter another period of uncertainty caused by the pandemic, I urge everyone to be responsible, stay safe and do your part to protect and respect your fellow family members, friends and supporters. The joy we've experienced over the past several months of football being played in front of fans at all levels of the game is one that we do not want to surrender.

On behalf of everyone at Fulham Football Club, it is my privilege to wish all of you a very happy, but above all, healthy and peaceful festive season. From our family to yours!

Come on Fulham!

Shahid Khan

Chairman

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Holders

Congratulations to Mark Maunders - a true gent and Fulham through and through.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Jeroen

Yep, great program notes - either a good PR team or a great heart for the team.
Regardless, makes you proud having him as an owner (here come to TK bangers)

Some early mistakes, but we seen def on the right way!

Fernhurst

Relieved to read his comments on The Shahid Khan stand as rumours circulating on other forums Shahid is not pleased and has fallen out with the builders.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.