watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do we keep Tosin and Ream together?

Started by Riversider, December 21, 2021, 10:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Against Bournemouth and again last night we've conceded really  poor goals, defending at non league level, I can see no justification for leaving out one of Hector or Mawson based on what we've seen the last couple of games,
Also our U23's are absolutely walking the league , 11 points clear with a game in hand, players like Olly O'Neil, Pajaziti and Francois are having stellar seasons let's get one of them on the bench against both Birmingham and Reading to show our emerging talent that good performances will always be rewarded with a clear path way to the first team squad,
Our of all the teams in the Championship we stand to lose the most if we don't go up , the new stand and a 30,000 capacity in the Championship next season doesn't bode well, and let's remember that we've deferred the £12 million for Harry Wilson until next summer,
Putting it mildly we have to go up ,
Some think that we don't need to do anything in January, really? I personally think we need a decent centre half,  a midfielder and an attacking option if we don't then I will be concerned  ,
Let's smash Birmingham and get ourselves back on track
COYSW

PaulJ123

No.

Awful defending for the goal. I throw Seri into that as well.

H4usuallysitting

It looked like their confidence is low....even Reed didn't trip up the attacking player

FFC In Oz

filham

Five bad results where we have conceded 4 goals and scored only 3.
Why tinker with the back four when clearly we have big problems in attack.

Andy S

Tosin made a mistake last night. Attack is built on a sound defence. We needed to stay strong early. We had no shape which after a week of training is shocking. Sheffield ran us ragged. They chased every ball and looked to attack on the break. They deserved everything they got

We Are Premier League

I think the chance of them getting dropped is fairly low atm, Odoi was the only "CB" on the bench last night so i don't think Marco rates the others very highly.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Andy S on December 21, 2021, 11:04:46 AM
Tosin made a mistake last night. Attack is built on a sound defence. We needed to stay strong early. We had no shape which after a week of training is shocking. Sheffield ran us ragged. They chased every ball and looked to attack on the break. They deserved everything they got

Tosin looks better when there is someone more accomplished and someone who oozes leadership next to him.

This was evident for large parts of the season playing with Andersen last season.  This season he's had decent games, but his consistency is lacking.

bobby01

I keep reading tosin was to blame, ream came back toward tosin covering his man and tosin started to go to the scorer, ream then let his man go to block the scorer and tosin went with the free man, ream then made a pigs ear of the tackle.
I don't mind players getting criticism but let's at least be fair.
I try to be I have been a defender of Robinson but last night he was absolutely woeful, new baby, that was when hector went off the boil as well was it not.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

joshfulham

Quote from: bobby01 on December 21, 2021, 11:33:49 AM
I keep reading tosin was to blame, ream came back toward tosin covering his man and tosin started to go to the scorer, ream then let his man go to block the scorer and tosin went with the free man, ream then made a pigs ear of the tackle.
I try to be I have been a defender of Robinson but last night he was absolutely woeful, new baby, that was when hector went off the boil as well was it not.

Agreed but no one on this forum seems to ever blame Ream, he's untouchable. Ream has been a complete liability this season but because he does the occasional 'Cruyff turn' and we get pleasure out of shouting "REEEEAM" he gets a pass.

LittleErn

Quote from: Riversider on December 21, 2021, 10:41:15 AM
Against Bournemouth and again last night we've conceded really  poor goals, defending at non league level, I can see no justification for leaving out one of Hector or Mawson based on what we've seen the last couple of games,
Also our U23's are absolutely walking the league , 11 points clear with a game in hand, players like Olly O'Neil, Pajaziti and Francois are having stellar seasons let's get one of them on the bench against both Birmingham and Reading to show our emerging talent that good performances will always be rewarded with a clear path way to the first team squad,
Our of all the teams in the Championship we stand to lose the most if we don't go up , the new stand and a 30,000 capacity in the Championship next season doesn't bode well, and let's remember that we've deferred the £12 million for Harry Wilson until next summer,
Putting it mildly we have to go up ,
Some think that we don't need to do anything in January, really? I personally think we need a decent centre half,  a midfielder and an attacking option if we don't then I will be concerned  ,
Let's smash Birmingham and get ourselves back on track
COYSW

" I personally think we need a decent centre half,  a midfielder and an attacking option if we don't then I will be concerned "

Agreed. As long as they have a physical "presence" and reasonable pace.

bigalffc

I think Hector would be a good partner to Tosin, not been tried in this combo but would be quicker than Ream. When he deputised for Tosin I felt he had some good games. I would also bring Joe Bryan on instead of Robinson who has failed miserably IMO.
And yes to bringing youngsters onto the bench, keep em involved with the first team and give them hope of a good future.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

The Rational Fan

Quote from: joshfulham on December 21, 2021, 12:06:03 PM

Agreed but no one on this forum seems to ever blame Ream, he's untouchable. Ream has been a complete liability this season but because he does the occasional 'Cruyff turn' and we get pleasure out of shouting "REEEEAM" he gets a pass.

Anyone that is not blind realises Ream is ok in the championship, but cannot be part of next seasons premier league squad, while Tosin can be top class he needs to regain earlier form to be part of a premier league squad.

So unless Fulham finds some premier league squad players in this current squad we will need to buy four centre backs upon promotion or we will likely face relegation.

Of course, if we buy four centre backs then the lack of investment elsewhere will kill us and we will face relegation anyway. So, we have no choice but to find some bench talent for next season in the existing squad, plus give them a little game time.

Ream might be able to help us get promoted because he circulates the ball so well, but unless we find two centre backs better defensively than Ream in this squad we will go down after promotion anyway.

Conclusion, give Hector, Mawson and/or Kongolo a chance this season so we don't buy four new centre backs. I haven't given up hope that all three CB plus Tosin prove themselves fit and worthy of being in next years premier league squad, and frankly if can spend all our money elsewhere (not on CBs) we would look very strong.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 21, 2021, 11:11:20 PM
Quote from: joshfulham on December 21, 2021, 12:06:03 PM

Anyone that is not blind realises Ream is ok in the championship, but cannot be part of next seasons premier league squad, while Tosin can be top class he needs to regain earlier form to be part of a premier league squad.

So unless Fulham finds some premier league squad players in this current squad we will need to buy four centre backs upon promotion or we will likely face relegation.

Of course, if we buy four centre backs then the lack of investment elsewhere will kill us and we will face relegation anyway. So, we have no choice but to find some bench talent for next season in the existing squad, plus give them a little game time.

Ream might be able to help us get promoted because he circulates the ball so well, but unless we find two centre backs better defensively than Ream in this squad we will go down after promotion anyway.

Conclusion, give Hector, Mawson and/or Kongolo a chance this season so we don't buy four new centre backs. I haven't given up hope that all three CB plus Tosin prove themselves fit and worthy of being in next years premier league squad, and frankly if can spend all our money elsewhere (not on CBs) we would look very strong.

Agreed. Ream has been better than I expected this season but he has also shown why we need a new LCB. His lack of pace and tendency to do stupid things under pressure will be disaster in the PL.

Mawson was superb for Swansea in the PL. It's hard to say how much his injury has affected him because he has rarely been given the chance. Personally I think he has looked rock solid on the few occasions we've seen him at LCB this season. He has always seemed a bit uncomfortable at RCB though and from what I've seen I don't think he should be used there. Using a right footed CB at LCB might not be ideal for our style of playing out from the back but it worked for him at Swansea. He is definitely a ball playing CB and a lot more comfortable on the ball than many give him credit for. We need to know if Mawson has a future with us and I would love to see more of him this season. Personally I think he is a far superior CB to Ream when fully fit. I can only assume there must still be some kind of issue that prevents him from playing 90 minutes every week (or twice a week).

Hector is a strange one. He was amazing at first but poor after lockdown and completely out of his depth in the PL. It seems like a confidence issue to me. He seems to panic and completely lose the plot when he's under pressure. Definitely not what we want from a CB. I agree that Hector should be given another chance at some point this season but I suspect the Championship may be his level.

Tosin looked very promising last season but this season we've seen why Man City let him go. I expected a lot more from him in the Championship. Of course he could improve if he's paired with a better CB than Ream. He actually looked far better with Andersen in the PL. Based on his performances last season he should have been one of the best CBs in the Championship. This season he's looked worse than Ream... (not sure what the stats say though).

Kongolo... I honestly can't seen him playing another game for us (but I said the same thing about Cairney).

We will probably need at least two new CBs if we're promoted but we will also need to strengthen most other positions, which isn't realistic. We will need to be clever in the transfer market and have a bit of luck to avoid another relegation. Of course we will need to be promoted first and on our current form we won't even make top 6. Hopefully it's just a glitch and not the "Silva effect" (his teams always seem to start brightly and then collapse...).

If Mawson is fully fit I would love to see Tosin+Mawson (and Bryan at LB).

sunburywhite

I think Tosin has had a dip in form since being linked to Newcastle

Perhaps he doesnt want to go there
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

bobby01

Quote from: sunburywhite on December 22, 2021, 11:00:31 AM
I think Tosin has had a dip in form since being linked to Newcastle

Perhaps he doesnt want to go there

064.gif 064.gif
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.