watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are Ready For The Window

Started by filham, December 23, 2021, 10:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

The squad is looking good with two good players for every position and it may be felt that we have no need to risk spending money in this window but rather to ensure that our top players are not snatched by bigger clubs.
To an extent this is the case and we certainly don't want TK's usual speculation on late bargain basement buys made in the hope that players struggling elsewhere may come good at Fulham.

However we could do with that single quality player who could come straight into the team and have an immediate impact. While it is true that one player doesn't make a team the right player can make a difference and right now we could do with someone of star quality to tip the scales in our favour.

Looking back over many years I can think of three instances when an individual signing made a big difference to us.
1. !949 promotion to the top division, the signing of Artur Rowley at Christmas time was a masterstroke, his goals were the key to our promotion.

2. Bringing Alan Mullery back from Spurs made an enormous difference to our team.

3. The signing of Brede Hangeland was the cornerstone of the Great Escape.

Our problem right now is in attack, is Ryan Sess available or even Patrick Roberts, they would make a difference.

ALG01

I do think we are missing a big defensive midfielder. somebody with real physical prescence that will put the fear of  fear into the hearts of the opposition (and some of our team too!).

I like reed but like most fulham teams over the years we do lack such a physical prescence.

And if an appropriate high quality player is available in any position, we should be considering whether they can help us.

DanVerSar

Agree with ALG01 - would love a Bouba Diop-esque presence in midfield.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Just get a big strong physical LEADER - on the pitch! Either in midfield or in central defence. We haven't had that in years.

H4usuallysitting

Won't Chalobah, Quina, Kongolo & Francois be like new signings....unless there's a very cheap 30 goal a season chap out there, available on a free.... can't see what we need

davew

I think we need another 3 or 4 quality players if we want promotion, a lot of weak links at the moment!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Twig

Quote from: davew on December 23, 2021, 06:33:54 PM
I think we need another 3 or 4 quality players if we want promotion, a lot of weak links at the moment!

If we have "a lot of weak links" then the table suggests the opposition teams have even more.

Fulham Tup North

...and we have to be careful with whoever comes in that we don't upset the dynamics of the team.
It would be dreadful if too many came in and upset the dressing room or balance of the side.  We need any new players to be able to hit the ground running...
COYW....⚽️⚽️
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

toshes mate

Quote from: Twig on December 23, 2021, 09:38:40 PM

If we have "a lot of weak links" then the table suggests the opposition teams have even more.
+1
Those opposition teams will be searching the same pack of possibilities as everyone else is!  We have had our best first half of a season under the Khans by a distance and some people want 'perfection'!!!  Of course it can still go terribly wrong but that is why it is called sport.

davew

Quote from: Twig on December 23, 2021, 09:38:40 PM

But on current form a lot of teams seem to have fixed their leaks whilst ours are beginning to show.

grandad

All I would suggest is for Muniz to go on loan for the rest of the season provided he gets valuable game time. He is still very young & needs the extra experience of the EFL. That would need us signing permanently or on loan an experienced striker to either be back up for Mitro or to play with him up front. My only other wish would be for a Dickson Etuhu or Papa Diop type of DFM.
Where there's a will there's a wife

davew

Quote from: grandad on December 24, 2021, 10:14:24 AM
All I would suggest is for Muniz to go on loan for the rest of the season provided he gets valuable game time. He is still very young & needs the extra experience of the EFL. That would need us signing permanently or on loan an experienced striker to either be back up for Mitro or to play with him up front. My only other wish would be for a Dickson Etuhu or Papa Diop type of DFM.
Not really sure why we signed him, agree he should go out on loan!

Mullers OG

If we need a Papa Diop figure (still feeling sad) it will be expensive. For FFP we will need to raise some cash.

Seems to me that we currently have 3 left back options in Robinson, Bryan and Larkeche. Robinson has been something of a disappointment but may still have some suitors and value. Larkeche is potentially the best of the three and we don't want to lose him. Should we sell Robinson and have the other two competing for the position?

filham

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on December 23, 2021, 10:29:09 PM
...and we have to be careful with whoever comes in that we don't upset the dynamics of the team.
It would be dreadful if too many came in and upset the dressing room or balance of the side.  We need any new players to be able to hit the ground running...
COYW....⚽️⚽️
Agree , I think we need just one outstanding player who can add punch into our attack.
TK could take the bull by the horns and negotiate a half season loan deal with Spurs for Sess.
What a boost that would give everyone.

Mince n Tatties

JimOG

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 24, 2021, 04:02:38 PM
Jon Jo Shelvey incoming.🤫

We do need someone like him to drive midfield and to score goals....Chalobah may still prove to be just what we need but we're halfway through the season and have seen only glimpses of him

Bill2

Think we ned someone stronger in midfield, think we have been bullied in the middle of the park, Harrison and Seri as a pair need to toughen up on some one on one challenges. Also they need to understand the tee take one for the team and commit a few fouls where they will get a yellow but break up an attack.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Is Marco saying that it is going to be a quiet window for us a big bluff?

Andyb

Need to look some prem players that are struggling for game time. Wouldn't mind jordan ayew on loan.