watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro /Juventus

Started by filham, December 25, 2021, 09:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

The BBC text yesterday suggested that Juventus are looking at Mitro.
Could we resist a big money offer and could Mitro resist the glamour and money that Juventus could offer.

blingo

Thee BBC and Juventus can go and do one. Mitro is happy with us and this is column filling and lazy journalism

Stoneleigh Loyalist

The interesting thing is IF we were tempted by a huge price and IF Mitro showed interest in moving which of the Premiership teams could be prepared to move for him at that huge price?

Twig

I don't know that it's lazy journalism, frankly I'd be surprised if some glamorous sides weren't looking at him. Perhaps Juve are one such, the Italian league isn't played at the greatest pace and a finisher like Mitro could well thrive with top quality service.

Somerset Fulham

Of all the rumours that we hear every time he is on form, this one bothers me the most.  Its a huge club in a league that is back on the right track,with the game played at a pace that would suit him down to the ground.  Additionally,  Turin is hardly the shabbiest of places and only around the corner from Serbia.

Don't know if it will happen, but if Juve were to throw money at us, I would be very surprised to see him stay.

Ara's bacon crisps

Might have something to do with the fact that Serie A teams seem to think they can nab players from our second tier as cheaply as they can from Serie B. The rumoured amount Juventus are suggesting is a long way short of Mitro's current valuation if say West Ham were to be interested again and look at Anguissa at Napoli - he arrives and starts tearing up the division and Napoli start talking about how they're confident of signing him for much less than the figure agreed at the end of his loan. Big club arrogance on full display.

Andy S

If Mitro leaving cost us promotion the cost would be extremely high. That is why the Khans will put off any transfer until the end of the season, at the very earliest

ex-Pat

He's never leaving, loves living in Fulham,,End of..

filham

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on December 25, 2021, 12:38:19 PM
Of all the rumours that we hear every time he is on form, this one bothers me the most.  Its a huge club in a league that is back on the right track,with the game played at a pace that would suit him down to the ground.  Additionally,  Turin is hardly the shabbiest of places and only around the corner from Serbia.

Don't know if it will happen, but if Juve were to throw money at us, I would be very surprised to see him stay.
Yes you are right Mitro and Juventus seems a good fit but lets hope the journo is aware of this and is just winding us up.

southwest6

Well, juventus do play in black and white after all, so could be some truth to this rumour.

Fulham 442

Quote from: southwest6 on December 26, 2021, 01:05:08 PM
Well, juventus do play in black and white after all, so could be some truth to this rumour.
That crossed my mind too!!

Jeroen

So.... All hypothesis and for 'fun' but Let's assume we Fulham is swayed by £40M from Juventus

(I can't see us accept any less and if they do come knocking and a demotivated Mitro for 2/3 months is worthless as well, so you might as well sell him) remember when we lost him a few years ago in the run in the team started playing 'better' and we ended up promoted.

Who would you replace him with and spend the £40M on?

Go....
A new striker is required,

filham

Quote from: Jeroen on December 26, 2021, 01:22:29 PM
So.... All hypothesis and for 'fun' but Let's assume we Fulham is swayed by £40M from Juventus

(I can't see us accept any less and if they do come knocking and a demotivated Mitro for 2/3 months is worthless as well, so you might as well sell him) remember when we lost him a few years ago in the run in the team started playing 'better' and we ended up promoted.

Go....
Replacing Mitro would be a big problem as there is no one ready to step into his shoes. Stansfield and Muniz would have to be given a chance but if they proved . Alternatively we rush into the market and pay the earth for someone like Gail who needs time to settleand we find ourselves out of the promotion race by the end of February.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on December 26, 2021, 05:07:49 PM
Quote from: Jeroen on December 26, 2021, 01:22:29 PM

Go....
Replacing Mitro would be a big problem as there is no one ready to step into his shoes. Stansfield and Muniz would have to be given a chance but if they proved . Alternatively we rush into the market and pay the earth for someone like Gail who needs time to settleand we find ourselves out of the promotion race by the end of February.

I do not buy the excuse that a player has to take so much time to settle in no matter what, once your out on that pitch nothing is stopping you playing to your ability except your opponents. The rest is up to the player whether he has the right mental attitude and resilience and application.
The answer is not to buy somebody who needs to settle in, we need players who are going make an impact from the first match, so reduce the risk of buying a failure by not buying one in the first place.
It's like buying a new car but not able to drive it properly until it's run in.
We need players who are hungry and will roll their sleeves up and make a difference, otherwise introduce a youngster from the academy who could do just as good a job without having to acclimatise as seems to be the excuse these days for not coming up to expectations.
I wonder what Jimmy Greaves ( a man who scored on his debut for every team he played for including England ) would have thought of these excuses they make these days about a new signing that has to be wet nursed.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MartyFFC

I really can't see this materialising; if anything I can see them going in for his compatriot Vlahovic, who is actually keeping Mitrovic out the Serbian starting XI at the present time - although given their financial situation they may well be outmuscled by a PL club. As highly as I rate Mitrovic, I think he's just too slow to be spearheading the attack of a side with ambitions of winning the champions league. That said if they do decide to go in for him, as great as the lifestyle must be as a millionaire living in West London; I'm not sure it can compete with northern Italy......

Stevieboy

Regurgitated click bait from months ago.
Juventus are being investigated for financial irregularities,again !
Possible relegation worst case scenario.
Massive debts, income down.
Sold Ronaldo ?
Doesn't strike me as the most stable club to join and I don't think Mitro is an Armani suit type of guy.

rebel

If Fulham was offered £40m, he would be gone, it's as simple as that. There are quite a few potential replacements out there.
There is no doubting his ability, to get the best out of him, the manager has to give him some leeway, Joka, Silva and Parker to an extent did that.
I think Parker was none to happy with Mitro's half-time team talk, that when the relationship 'hit the buffers' especially as it got into the press.

H4usuallysitting

I think Juventus are having to clear out.... Isn't Ramsey on £400k/week.....they could be giving player's away.... With regard to Mitro going to Juventus, it's a seller's market - let him go for £80m.....but we still have him on loan until the end of the season

Mr K.Dilkington

Watching an out of form combination of Morata/Mitrovic up front lacking in service would be funny tho.. those "the fall of juventus " youtube videos would be everywhere lol.
Foolish ham

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Mitro loves the 'cult status' he has with us and Marco has stated the team is built around him.
Now that Parker has gone and he's first on the team sheet, he's scoring regularly again.
Scoring goals is his passion and he seems settled and has bonded with us, the supporters.
Apparently his family are happy in London.

I don't know how much he earns, some people, let's hope he is one of them, are content on
a few million a year and there's more to life than more money.
Also why take the risk of transferring, and then failing.
Get us promoted, see how he does in the PS next season, and then review his life.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES