more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

HUGHES MUST BE SACKED TONIGHT

Started by SouthfieldWhite, December 28, 2010, 08:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImperialWhite

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on December 28, 2010, 10:32:13 PM

I was only gloating because i thought the stick hes taken was a little unjust, yes things arnt all of a sudden rosy, and wevestill got a battle on our hands,  but for fans to want him out cause"hes chelsea scum"  or he aint hat friendly towards fans is a bit harsh, im bgetting a bit tired of saying this, but judge him in a few months time, people say he could of kept things how Hodgson had things, but hes his own man and i dont blame him for trying to make us a more attacking force, ok we might not have the players(at the moment) but at least he was willing to put his own stamp on it, what i couldnt understand was they way fans booed him for trying to make a POSITIVE substitution on Boxing day, i dont mind being proved wrong(wont be the first) but theres people who slag him off then dont want to give him credit for today, cant have it both ways

I get what you're saying, and although I'm sure the substitutions had positive intent, they were stupid. Swapping a central midfielder for a winger and our top scorer for EJ was stupid.

Tom

:tom:, I thought the sky wasn't falling any longer.
Fulham for life!

MJG

I was only gloating because i thought the stick hes taken was a little unjust, yes things arnt all of a sudden rosy, and wevestill got a battle on our hands,  but for fans to want him out cause"hes chelsea scum"  or he aint hat friendly towards fans is a bit harsh, im bgetting a bit tired of saying this, but judge him in a few months time, people say he could of kept things how Hodgson had things, but hes his own man and i dont blame him for trying to make us a more attacking force, ok we might not have the players(at the moment) but at least he was willing to put his own stamp on it, what i couldnt understand was they way fans booed him for trying to make a POSITIVE substitution on Boxing day, i dont mind being proved wrong(wont be the first) but theres people who slag him off then dont want to give him credit for today, cant have it both ways

Likewise when we have a bad results and people say its not his team don't blame him,why should I then praise him when we win a game with none of his players.
Today is a great result that makes up for the west ham game, but its just that..one result.
I said on another site that pro Hughes and anti Hughes can argue all night about today and no one is right or wrong,its too complex for that.
Hughes is the wrong man for me,but the main thing is won...let's enjoy and roll on spurs.

The Equalizer

Quote from: MJG on December 28, 2010, 10:44:34 PM

I was only gloating because i thought the stick hes taken was a little unjust, yes things arnt all of a sudden rosy, and wevestill got a battle on our hands,  but for fans to want him out cause"hes chelsea scum"  or he aint hat friendly towards fans is a bit harsh, im bgetting a bit tired of saying this, but judge him in a few months time, people say he could of kept things how Hodgson had things, but hes his own man and i dont blame him for trying to make us a more attacking force, ok we might not have the players(at the moment) but at least he was willing to put his own stamp on it, what i couldnt understand was they way fans booed him for trying to make a POSITIVE substitution on Boxing day, i dont mind being proved wrong(wont be the first) but theres people who slag him off then dont want to give him credit for today, cant have it both ways

Likewise when we have a bad results and people say its not his team don't blame him,why should I then praise him when we win a game with none of his players.
Today is a great result that makes up for the west ham game, but its just that..one result.
I said on another site that pro Hughes and anti Hughes can argue all night about today and no one is right or wrong,its too complex for that.
Hughes is the wrong man for me,but the main thing is won...let's enjoy and roll on spurs.

Amen to that brother!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

ScalleysDad

Will there be a chorus of the Mark Hughes black and white army as we learn to get along. The fist pumping deserves some sort of response.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: ScalleysDad on December 28, 2010, 11:00:19 PM
Will there be a chorus of the Mark Hughes black and white army as we learn to get along. The fist pumping deserves some sort of response.
Loved the fist pumping. Oh Hughes i thought you meant xhamster  :015:

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Ah !! feck does it have to be tonight ?????????????
You could at least wait until after Saturday
I am very keen to see if he closes down Modric,  because  we might just get all three points ..........................Spurts defence are $hit,   friggen' hopeless and  Lord be Praised !!!  that  AJ has been making Striker - Shapes in the last couple of games ..
you don't suppose that has anything to do with Sparky .................................nahhhhhhhh you wouldn't would you ???????????

SG

SW - I have been and still am in the Hughes out camp. One great win will not change my mind although a few more may of course make me rethink. The recent home games have overall been desparate affairs and in my view a throw back to Coleman's last days. I dont see that he and his army of assistants have brought any tangible benefit to the club. Under Hodgson and indeed under Tigana there was clear evidence that their coaching substantially improved individual players. Under Hughes and his team I can only see regression in performances of individual players this season as they seem unable to adapt their play to suit the manager's style

The Bronsons

for fans to want him out cause"hes chelsea scum"  or he aint hat friendly towards fans is a bit harsh

To be fair, I've only seen that kind of bull on the Offal and only from suspected idiots, drunks and WUMs.

I'm still a Hughes doubter myself for all the reasons SG just gave, but this isn't a Sanchez situation, even if some of the play has suggested it might be.  I think we need to see the season out with him because the alternative is worse. After today that's probably what will happen. So good luck to him and I hope he proves us nay-sayers wrong.

Jimbobob

I wonder how everyone would be feeling if we had beaten West Ham 2-0, but lost 3-1 to Stoke? Not really relevant I suppose...but curious.

You are right though - imagine how much better it would be had we beaten West Ham (after AJ scored his sitter, then we dug in for 2-0) then we beat Stoke? We'd probably be above Liverpool again!
[/quote]

Excellent point. The flip flop would have been an expected result..so not as depressing......
No more than a gallows reprieve for now in my opinion but I am so ecstatic to see that the boys won on the road and in those hideous awful kits. Joy all around.
Now lets win this weekend and really turn this cart around!!!!! COYW :018: :018: :018:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Jimbobob18 on December 29, 2010, 01:23:29 AM

I wonder how everyone would be feeling if we had beaten West Ham 2-0, but lost 3-1 to Stoke? Not really relevant I suppose...but curious.

You are right though - imagine how much better it would be had we beaten West Ham (after AJ scored his sitter, then we dug in for 2-0) then we beat Stoke? We'd probably be above Liverpool again!
[/i][/i]
Excellent point. The flip flop would have been an expected result..so not as depressing......
No more than a gallows reprieve for now in my opinion but I am so ecstatic to see that the boys won on the road and in those hideous awful kits. Joy all around.
Now lets win this weekend and really turn this cart around!!!!! COYW :018: :018: :018:
[/quote] Just seen your new avatar Jim, please dont shoot up the local high school if we lose badly at Spurs.

Lighthouse

I think both the sack Hughes and The Don't blame it all on Hughes clans should rest easy tonight. We do support the same side after all. Fact is this one result proves nothing either way. Except that Hughes is up for it (so he should be) and we can hardly claim away wins were common under our last few managers. Lets just enjoy it, hoping that this isn't a one off.

The fact that Etuhu had a good game after not being seen for the first half hour doesn't convince me he is a good player either.

Just enjoy the fact that today we can read the papers.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Ag

This should go a long ways toward boosting the team's confidence, but I'm still concerned about the glaring deficiencies on offense and AJ's finishing in particular.  It's not like we can count on getting two goals from Baird again, although I'd love it if we could.