watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Talking of ex managers

Started by St Eve, December 28, 2021, 07:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

Watford are in deep trouble. Does Mr. Ranieri survive much longer?

Whitesideup

So you have a team finding it hard to get results in the Premier League. What on earth makes you choose Ranieri as a manager to turn things around?

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: Whitesideup on December 28, 2021, 08:20:37 PM
So you have a team finding it hard to get results in the Premier League. What on earth makes you choose Ranieri as a manager to turn things around?

Because he 'won' the Premier league with Leicester. He flatters to decieve. Always has.

Wingnut

They have two massive games, against Newcastle and Norwich, coming up in January. Lose those two games, and they'll sack him. I think Watford will go down with Norwich, Ranieri or no Ranieri. Not sure who will finish third from bottom.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

The Rational Fan

Two of the Three promoted teams will go down most seasons. Watford was always a likely candidate for relegation. Raneri is not the problem nor the solution.

Brentford's lesson is to stop focusing on breaking the yo-yo cycle upwards, but instead focus on building a squad that is younger, better and settled. That translates to less bringing in less players but brining in them younger and on longer contracts that include relegation clauses.

Our squad is good enough now, that we know if we improve every season we will eventually be in the Premier League permantely.

Time to start building a long-term squad with younger players on long contracts that are prepared to play both divisions; without loans coming in and out to achieve short-term goals.

filham

Watford have been changing their manager at very short intervals, hard to see Raniera altering that habit.

DanVerSar

Watford fans seemed very happy when they appointed him. At what point do they realise the problems run deeper than the manager though? Changing manager every few months is clearly not the answer!

Watford_fc

Hi guys,

I actually think fans have turned their frustration onto the owners now for their lack of spending in the defensive department which really has cost us this season.

Feel there is support for Ranieri from most people - certainly much more so than there was for Munoz!

It does seem we appear to be much more motivated when playing the bigger high profile teams like Everton, Man U, Chelsea (sorry can I say that?) but don't appear to put in a performance worthy of the name against teams we could get points against.

The attack is fairly decent and perform well but we won't be staying up unless there is a big improvement in the back line - no clean sheets all season!

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Watford_fc on December 29, 2021, 03:37:39 PM
Hi guys,

I actually think fans have turned their frustration onto the owners now for their lack of spending in the defensive department which really has cost us this season.

Feel there is support for Ranieri from most people - certainly much more so than there was for Munoz!

It does seem we appear to be much more motivated when playing the bigger high profile teams like Everton, Man U, Chelsea (sorry can I say that?) but don't appear to put in a performance worthy of the name against teams we could get points against.

The attack is fairly decent and perform well but we won't be staying up unless there is a big improvement in the back line - no clean sheets all season!

Always great to have other club supporters chime in to hear perspective! Honest question - do you think you'll survive, will Burnley finally get relegated? Leeds not looking too strong given their injuries either!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Fulham 442

FWIW my three for the drop are Norwich, Newcastle and Watford,  in no particular order.

Watford_fc

Quote from: Fulham 442 on December 29, 2021, 04:58:19 PM
FWIW my three for the drop are Norwich, Newcastle and Watford,  in no particular order.

I'd go with that.

Burnley can at least keep it tight at the back and potentially sneak 1-0 wins whereas not sure we can whilst the other 2 cannot score .

Leeds will probably be ok if they get key players fit .