watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Old Boy Lookman might have just decided the Premiership

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, December 28, 2021, 09:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

Scored the winner against Liverpool... I wouldn't bet against Man City now.

Jules

He played really well when he came on too, and a great goal from him. Great spirit and teamwork from Leicester for the win

Steeeeeeeeeed

Quote from: Jules on December 28, 2021, 10:01:14 PM
He played really well when he came on too, and a great goal from him. Great spirit and teamwork from Leicester for the win

Yeah, I have seen the goal since, great stuff from Lookman

Wingnut

That was a massive result for City. They play twice before Liverpool play again, and Liverpool's next game is against Chelsea.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Pluto

perry geyton

I don't care who wins the league but it's good to see Lookman score and beat Liverpool
I bet it wasn't a penalty though

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Good player. Think he tried a bit too hard for us,to get him the move back. Always had quality though, you could see it.

rebel

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on December 29, 2021, 07:52:16 AM
Good player. Think he tried a bit too hard for us,to get him the move back. Always had quality though, you could see it.

It's not that he tried too hard, it's difficult to flourish under 'Parkerball', it's like endless football you wish ended, if that makes sense.

sarnian

Parkerball was not responsible for the half dozen miskicks he put past the near post from similar positions as last night when playing for us last season.

filham

Quote from: sarnian on December 29, 2021, 08:50:33 AM
Parkerball was not responsible for the half dozen miskicks he put past the near post from similar positions as last night when playing for us last season.
So right, wrong to judge a player on one great goal.

Ruislip White

The narcissistic penalty against West Ham wasn't Parkerball either.  Still annoys me every time I remember it.

Blawarmy

jarv

Can't stand the idiot commentator who mentioned his previous clubs and omitted Fulham which was his most recent I believe.

:Get Coat gif:

Fulham1959

The Premier League is not decided in December.  Year after year, people fall into the same trap, believing certain teams to be 'uncatchable'.

Watford_fc

Quote from: Fulham1959 on December 29, 2021, 01:12:02 PM
The Premier League is not decided in December.  Year after year, people fall into the same trap, believing certain teams to be 'uncatchable'.

That is true - Man City are the form team atm and it's interesting they haven't suffered from COVID but even they have had a couple of iffy results at home this season.

Liverpool losing Mane and Salah won't help though and your "friends" down the road aren't quite as free scoring.

Deeping_white

But it was responsible for turning him into a player that passed the ball sideways and didn't take anyone on from someone who for the first month of his time with us was scaring the sh*t out of teams with his pace and direct play, something we've also seen with other wingers under Parker

WindyCity

Terrific piece of footballing from the former Fulham man to score the lone goal in that win.  Well done.

LESSON LEARNED/REMINDER LESSON.........You let a lesser team 'hang around' long enough in a game the result can be very disappointing.  I dare say that has been the case in FFC's last five games. 

MartyFFC

Why do people keep calling it the premiership; it hasn't been called that for more than 20 years

rebel

Quote from: Deeping_white on December 29, 2021, 03:49:04 PM

But it was responsible for turning him into a player that passed the ball sideways and didn't take anyone on from someone who for the first month of his time with us was scaring the sh*t out of teams with his pace and direct play, something we've also seen with other wingers under Parker

Exactly that, all the flair, creativity was sucked out of him by Parker, leaving him with little or no confidence.
If he'd been playing under Joka or Silva where would his progression have taken him? 

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Fulham1959 on December 29, 2021, 01:12:02 PM

Man City are so comprehensively good that I can't see them letting such a lead slip. When was the last time we beat City? Take that date and its probably the same for half the league. Only a very select few teams stand half a chance against City and City have outplayed Chelsea and Liverpool this season already, taking 4 points away from home.

It's incredible to watch if you can look past the source of that team.