https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Blackburn (Merged)

Started by Blawarmy, December 29, 2021, 08:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blawarmy

How on earth is this possible [emoji23][emoji23]

Jules

Level on points with us as it stands. Winning Vs Barnsley 1-0. Unbelievable considering how far behind they were after we tonked them.

Blawarmy

Hopefully losing to Sheff Utd will kick us on as well. 

Nero

Bereton contract up at the end of the season, could see Newcastle make a move in Jan for him with Wilson injury record then no need to worry

Blawarmy

Quote from: Nero on December 29, 2021, 08:38:12 PM
Bereton contract up at the end of the season, could see Newcastle make a move in Jan for him with Wilson injury record then no need to worry
Not a bad shout.  I can't believe we've let them get this close after absolutely annihilating them.  Barnsley just scored before HT though. 

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Jules on December 29, 2021, 08:23:44 PM
Level on points with us as it stands. Winning Vs Barnsley 1-0. Unbelievable considering how far behind they were after we tonked them.

Shows how much we've screwed the pooch in true Fulham fashion over the last 7 games.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Let's give credit where credit is due. Blackburn's run since our 7-0 win has been remarkable and far better than anything we have achieved this season.
Won 6. Drawn 1.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on December 29, 2021, 09:42:16 PM
Let's give credit where credit is due. Blackburn's run since our 7-0 win has been remarkable and far better than anything we have achieved this season.
Won 6. Drawn 1.

Missed us winning 7 in a row then?

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I was just about to modify my posting but in fairness we did not achieve that immediately after such a thumping.

copthornemike

Top three teams have the top three leading goal scorers!
Going to be an interesting match when we play them at home! Barnsley had 59% possession against them tonight despite being the away team and being second from bottom yet Blackburn had more shots on target. In our match vs Sheffield Utd our possession was even higher but we still lost so let's hope our manager has an effective plan in place!

Nero

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on December 29, 2021, 09:49:52 PM
I was just about to modify my posting but in fairness we did not achieve that immediately after such a thumping.

So a 4-1 is not a thumping. Not having a good night are you

Deeping_white

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on December 29, 2021, 09:49:52 PM

It came after our heaviest defeat of the season so it is directly relatable

FFC In Oz

Fair play to them really.

Turned it right around.

Meanwhile we haven't won a game since Barnsley.

Feels like a lifetime ago.

filham

To remain in the promotion spot you just cannot afford a run of five games without a win, with a run like that someone is going to catch you.
Essential now that we score a couple of goals and collect three points at Swansea.

Sting of the North

Quote from: filham on December 30, 2021, 10:40:21 AM
To remain in the promotion spot you just cannot afford a run of five games without a win, with a run like that someone is going to catch you.
Essential now that we score a couple of goals and collect three points at Swansea.

Your comment is directly contradicted by reality, since we have in fact remained in the promotion spot (and with a game in hand) after a run of five games without a win. Fact is therefore that we could afford it.

jeremyfulham

To think their "supporters" were slating the team and calling for the managers head after we battered them,fans eh?!
COYW 049:gif

Andy S

When you are at the top every team wants to beat you, obviously. That is what happened to us while we have been vulnerable to injuries, illness and not putting games to bed after leading from early on sometimes. There is no reason to worry at this time as the transfer window is about to open which will give us the opportunity to freshen up the squad

Ara's bacon crisps

Quote from: jeremyfulham on December 30, 2021, 10:46:33 AM
To think their "supporters" were slating the team and calling for the managers head after we battered them,fans eh?!
COYW 049:gif
Mowbray could win the division by 10 points, but they seem to have a significant minority of fans who would still want him and Venky's gone regardless. There are some very long held grievances around, according to their message boards, into which 6 wins and a draw will only put the slightest dent unfortunately. It's just a shame to see any club at such odds with its fans.

I also imagine their season is about to be derailed as Brereton Diaz is out of contract in the summer I believe and Blackburn are in no position to turn down the £10-£15 million one of the bottom end PL clubs is sure to wave under their nose for him in January.

LC

Quote from: Nero on December 29, 2021, 08:38:12 PM

If Brereton stays in January and they don't go up, we should offer him a contract, will slip in nicely on the left for us.

Information

They will now be in the Top 2 next week