watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army- From the mess

Started by bog, January 03, 2022, 09:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Don't know about anybody else but I am having withdrawal symptoms. Being robbed of 270 minutes plus added time to rant and rave and spew my angst has really cut deep. Now slipping down to third....I even did the ironing yesterday...  :022: :dft001:

092.gif

Andy S

Nope not me. No ironing done in my house

SP

Yes, becoming very tiresome, I need a Fulham fix.  A positive test yesterday has added to my frustrations.

filham

Yes, I too am finding it hard, being top of the table but in a run of bad form makes it it hard to get through and it seems even longer than the summer shut down.
Now we are sitting in third place and desperate for a win, the next league game scheduled for next Tuesday seems ages away.

jarv

At least the players should be well rested and hopefully few, if any, injuries.

bog

As I have aged I believe there are now 5 main seasons. Spring, summer, autumn, winter and football. Being retired for 10 years the football one has become even more looked forward to with all games savored....well most of them.   

As you say jarv, hopefully all the squad has benefited from the enforced mini break and comes back showing the form of a few games back. COYW!   049:gif

092.gif   

filham

I think Reading on Tuesday Jan 18th will be similar the opening match of a new season when anything can happen while the cup tie this Saturday will feel like a pre season warm up game.

Agree right now feels like out of season and at the same time mid winter.

Bill2

Quote from: SP on January 03, 2022, 09:54:10 AM
Yes, becoming very tiresome, I need a Fulham fix.  A positive test yesterday has added to my frustrations.
At least you have until the 15th before next home game, should be fighting fit and in good voice by then. Get well soon.

bog

Quote from: SP on January 03, 2022, 09:54:10 AM

Good luck SP.  :54:

RaySmith

Yes, very depressing - a Christmas without football - I used to think it was bad when i couldn't go to our Boxing day game, but at least I could watch it on TV, or listen to GJ.
And then losing our 'unassailable' lead in the table, seems a bad dream - if  not a very Fulhamish one!

I suddenly find myself almost losing interest, drifting away from it all, with a sense of unreality.
But, as said, playing catch up, no longer favourites, might suit us better, with less pressure on  the players not to slip up.
Our squad will be well rested, anyway, with a chance for all to  recover from injury and niggles.

It's still all to play for!

filham

Reading looked pretty good yesterday , the next question facing us is can we hit the grond running next Tuesday when we play them or will we be a little rusty due to lack of match time.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Andy S on January 03, 2022, 09:49:38 AM

Let's hope Fulham can Iron out a couple of incoming deals this month.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

blingo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 04, 2022, 11:06:08 AM
Quote from: Andy S on January 03, 2022, 09:49:38 AM

Let's hope Fulham can Iron out a couple of incoming deals this month.

Pressing your luck to let off steam there me thinks  you're board Gentlemen.